Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Finnkax

Space-b with dd or tier 6 battle - WG - you expell newcomers

55 comments in this topic

[PIZZA]
Members
825 posts
9,365 battles

Bad decission! 

WG tries to force players to play high tier DD:s to get part of spaceships. We warned you WG but you did not listen. Now wg you are in a mess and mudd when server population migrated away and do not play DD:s. Not even döörpwater torps rectified situation. And how is carriers? After Zeppelin switch and bait incident? 

Please do not spoil special missions like this.

You expell newcomers!!!

How about removing dd:s and cv:s? Or change course to pay to play? Or missiles who only hit bb:s?

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[WOLF7]
Members
11,420 posts

Why does this surprise you?:Smile_amazed:

WG has made it perfectly clear they are determined to force the player base into top tier...no matter the cost.....:Smile_teethhappy:

• Boring 1

[HINON]
Supertester
20,570 posts
13,983 battles

Tier 6 is 'high tier' now?

<Edit> Also you get the BBs when you play a BB, you get the DDs when you play a DD, you get the CAs when you play a CA - I don't see where WG is forcing people to do things they don't want.

• Boring 1

Beta Testers
1,693 posts
3,820 battles

Space battles themselves should have been designed with tier 5 and 10 in mind. World of tanks didn't have any prerequisites for its fun game modes.  The tier 5 ships in these space battles would have resulted in permacamos for tier 5 ships something the community has been asking for.  Did we need 9 spaceships at tier 10? No, we did not, wg could have made 5 tier 5 ships spaceships and 5 spaceships at tier 10. That would have been the best way to make this event both veteran friendly and newcomer friendly. just a thought

Members
12 posts
3,384 battles

seriously I have been playing this game less then 2 months and I have a tier 10 and a bunch of 6-8 tier ships. if you don't have a tier 6 within your 1st week you prob just shouldn't play this game

Members
1,819 posts
3 minutes ago, clarke1104 said:

seriously I have been playing this game less then 2 months and I have a tier 10 and a bunch of 6-8 tier ships. if you don't have a tier 6 within your 1st week you prob just shouldn't play this game

So if you are bad at the game quit?

Edited by Kconvey_1
  • Cool 1

[USCC]
[USCC]
Members
1,763 posts
9,338 battles
3 minutes ago, clarke1104 said:

That's not really a fair statement as not everybody can play games back to back day after day, In a week some may only play 3 matches. or not at all.

I understand what you mean, but providing a time frame of a week. or even a couple of weeks is a little unfair.

[LUCK]
Members
1,656 posts
23,005 battles
16 minutes ago, Finnkax said:

Bad decission! 

WG tries to force players to play high tier DD:s to get part of spaceships. We warned you WG but you did not listen. Now wg you are in a mess and mudd when server population migrated away and do not play DD:s. Not even döörpwater torps rectified situation. And how is carriers? After Zeppelin switch and bait incident? 

You expell newcomers!!!

How about removing dd:s and cv:s? Or change course to pay to play? Or missiles who only hit bb:s?

I think I understand however if one is just at T6 and has a T6 cruiser what would make them think they could magically be competent in a higher tier with a different ship type. Still fun mode but there is some logic in it.

[USCC]
[USCC]
Members
1,763 posts
9,338 battles
20 minutes ago, Finnkax said:

Bad decission! 

You expell newcomers!!!

I honestly don't believe WG is trying to force anyone to play high tier, PVP maybe, but not any particular tier.

But playing high tier is the natural coarse for most players anyways, until they get there lol then... maybe not so much for some people.

[WOLF7]
Members
11,420 posts
8 minutes ago, clarke1104 said:

Yes, and you're a poster child for the issues this game has by  players running up the lines and learning nothing....:Smile_glasses:

• Cool 3

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
7,782 posts
11,127 battles
21 minutes ago, Finnkax said:

Bad decission! 

You expell newcomers!!!

What an odd post. WG forcing players? They were warned? Now it is a mess? Players not playing DD's? 

Nothing in this post is true or makes even a little sense.

• Cool 2

[WOLF7]
Members
11,420 posts
Just now, SpudZero said:

I honestly don't believe WG is trying to force anyone to play high tier, PVP maybe, but not any particular tier.

But playing high tier is the natural coarse for most players anyways, until they get there lol then... maybe not so much for some people.

No, it's not....

And WG has stated flatly that the reason for the imbalance in mid tiers is to force players to grind to the top...

As for natural course?  Are you really that out of touch with the game that you honestly believe there's significant number of competitive players in this game? :Smile_amazed: 

Members
1,819 posts
1 minute ago, awiggin said:

No, it's not....

And WG has stated flatly that the reason for the imbalance in mid tiers is to force players to grind to the top...

As for natural course?  Are you really that out of touch with the game that you honestly believe there's significant number of competitive players in this game? :Smile_amazed: 

So all those players saying that the less skiled players should be staying in the low to mid tier are talking out their.... exhaust ports. 

Members
12 posts
3,384 battles
2 minutes ago, awiggin said:

Yes, and you're a poster child for the issues this game has by  players running up the lines and learning nothing....:Smile_glasses:

say what?? so because I have excelled at the game enough to advance multiple ship tiers in short order that is evidence that I am a bad player? you are a special kinda stupid aren't you. it takes competent game play to reach tier 9 and 10 quickly. It also takes being pretty good and spending and not spending credits in order to propel up the final tiers without going broke. so where in all that is the evidence that I'm a bad player? or that somehow me going up ship lines fast is a problem with this game as a whole? you really just souind like a bitter jealous fool

Members
22,459 posts
5,792 battles
15 minutes ago, clarke1104 said:

There's plenty of reasons people take longer to tier up. Free accounts, no premium ships, levelling wide instead of high, and especially, lack of free time.

If you've played less than 2 months, you've played, on average, more than 25 games (about 6 hrs) every single day.

Judging by your record, using your criteria, you're saying that, unless you can't play 7-9 games (about 2 hrs) every day, you shouldn't play.

And you probably want to not talk like that. I'm not one of them, but there's plenty of people who would look at your performance in your ships and say that you probably shouldn't play this game.

Who cares how fast you get your ships? There's no reward for reaching Tier 10.

Members
22,459 posts
5,792 battles
19 minutes ago, clarke1104 said:

It takes competent game play to reach tier 9 and 10 quickly.

Or spending money and spending 1/4 of every day playing the game.

It also takes being pretty good and spending and not spending credits in order to propel up the final tiers without going broke.

Not with a premium account and premium ships.

so where in all that is the evidence that I'm a bad player?

Your profile.....

or that somehow me going up ship lines fast is a problem with this game as a whole? 

I agree with you there. Everybody has the right to play however they best enjoy the game.

I have no problem with you racing up the tiers. But when you use that as some kind of criteria, and suggest those who don't meet it shouldn't play, that I do have a problem with.

Edited by Skpstr
  • Cool 1

Members
1 post
150 battles

I've been excited about this update, but I only have tier 4 ships. And I thought wargaming was supposed to give newcomers a chance to have fun.:Smile_facepalm:

[BNKR]
Members
460 posts
2,887 battles
27 minutes ago, clarke1104 said:

say what?? so because I have excelled at the game enough to advance multiple ship tiers in short order that is evidence that I am a bad player? you are a special kinda stupid aren't you. it takes competent game play to reach tier 9 and 10 quickly. It also takes being pretty good and spending and not spending credits in order to propel up the final tiers without going broke. so where in all that is the evidence that I'm a bad player? or that somehow me going up ship lines fast is a problem with this game as a whole? you really just souind like a bitter jealous fool

But ... you haven't excelled at this game. You have certainly climbed the tech tree quickly, but not while excelling at it.

FYI: Some don't see tier X as the ultimate goal, and thinking that having a X is somehow a measure of competence is just silly talk. Anyone can fail their way to a X given free time and free xp.

Anyway, the OP is correct in that the barrier to entry on the space mode should have been lower (I liked the idea up thread about it being Vs and Xs). Not sure his or her translation program of choice is working that well, but their point stands. :Smile_teethhappy:

• Cool 2

[PRDEF]
Members
81 posts
4,706 battles

I'll admit that I hadn't really looked into the tier criteria for accessing the space battles before I logged in today.  As such, I'm a bit disappointed in the Tier VI requirement, since that means my son (who loves the game and was really looking forward to this event) won't be able to play, unless I buy him a Premium ship or he hacks my account  Of course, that means we can't division together, which sucks.  Once again, Wargaming has tier-gated a special event at the expense of the newer players or those players who are not interested in rushing up the lines like their posteriors are on fire.  I'll play the event for the Elite XP, but definitely not as much as I would have.  Way to go WG!

• Cool 2

Sign in to follow this