Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Estimated_Prophet

Trying to follow Fara...

5 comments in this topic

[RLGN]
Members
10,098 posts
19,494 battles

Bogue and Zuiho vs two Bogues on Archipeligo. Just using Tailgunner/AA, and the three standard bonus signals.

Trying to do like Fara said in that situation and 'be where they're not, and strike as I can.' Not exactly great damage wise, but was pretty suprised by the score.

Pewpews did good this time, and didn't just suck up bombs and torpedoes from the Bogues, but I still had to run in from near the map edge to cap  in the last five minutes. Last Bogue finally got knocked out, so I don't think we would have lost on points, but better safe than sorry.

This and that happened and Myoko wound up in my Zuiho, that's why she's there.

Used to play CVs in Randoms and more or less stunk, Played lots in Co-op and Operations, so now I'm trying again to see if I can do any better.

Spoiler

FVI9qY.jpg
NCnNQF.jpg
LqBlcz.jpg

Edited by Estimated_Prophet
  • Cool 2

[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
2,065 posts
6,263 battles

CVs always takes time and intel. Intel is either gonna be provided by you (the CV) or any other allied ship that makes contact. These are my words of advise (and a videos):

• Scout fast
    • Find the enemy with your scouts (Dive Bombers) as soon as possible so you know where to attack
    • You can attack but do not return to base, have them shadow the enemy
  • Move fast
    • Set your way points (CV) according to what your scouts find
  • Protect yourself
    • Defend yourself (CV) because there are always CV Snipers
    • Defend your bombers (Torpedo Bombers) because they are your main way of attacking
  • Shadow fast
    • Find the enemy ships, and follow them at a safe range
    • If the enemy fighters attack your bombers (Dive Bombers) lead them anywhere except back to you
  • Attack fast
    • Attack the easiest and weakest enemy with your bombers (Torpedo Bombers) so there are minimum losses
    • If you have to attack a heavy AA fleet, just drop your torpedoes anywhere near them but not close to them (requires manual aim)
  • Recover fast
    • Do not lead enemy fighters or enemy ships to the location of your ship (CV)
    • Your CV is on the move, faster you move, faster you rearm, faster you attack again
  • Defend the fleet
    • If you can, defend the fleet to the best of your ability
    • Reply when people ask for help
  • Cap fast
    • Your CV is on the move, if the area is safe or the map is devoid of enemy ships, you cap
  • Fight because you are already dead
    • There is no use running from a DD that is less than 8km from you, turn around and get your secondary guns shooting because miracles can happen
    • There is no use running from any ship that is less than 6km from you because you will not ever be out of their range unless you find a island
  • Win fast
    • Faster you are, faster you can destroy the enemy fleet, faster you can cap, faster you win

• Cool 3

[CVA16]
Members
2,763 posts
7,544 battles
1 hour ago, Vangm94 said:

CVs always takes time and intel. Intel is either gonna be provided by you (the CV) or any other allied ship that makes contact. These are my words of advise (and a videos):

• Scout fast
    • Find the enemy with your scouts (Dive Bombers) as soon as possible so you know where to attack
    • You can attack but do not return to base, have them shadow the enemy
  • Move fast
    • Set your way points (CV) according to what your scouts find
  • Protect yourself
    • Defend yourself (CV) because there are always CV Snipers
    • Defend your bombers (Torpedo Bombers) because they are your main way of attacking
  • Shadow fast
    • Find the enemy ships, and follow them at a safe range
    • If the enemy fighters attack your bombers (Dive Bombers) lead them anywhere except back to you
  • Attack fast
    • Attack the easiest and weakest enemy with your bombers (Torpedo Bombers) so there are minimum losses
    • If you have to attack a heavy AA fleet, just drop your torpedoes anywhere near them but not close to them (requires manual aim)
  • Recover fast
    • Do not lead enemy fighters or enemy ships to the location of your ship (CV)
    • Your CV is on the move, faster you move, faster you rearm, faster you attack again
  • Defend the fleet
    • If you can, defend the fleet to the best of your ability
    • Reply when people ask for help
  • Cap fast
    • Your CV is on the move, if the area is safe or the map is devoid of enemy ships, you cap
    • There is no use running from a DD that is less than 8km from you, turn around and get your secondary guns shooting because miracles can happen
    • There is no use running from any ship that is less than 6km from you because you will not ever be out of their range unless you find a island
  • Win fast
    • Faster you are, faster you can destroy the enemy fleet, faster you can cap, faster you win

This guy is a bonafide CV captain right here. At least he sounds like one. I hope you're on my side.

[RLGN]
Members
10,098 posts
19,494 battles
1 hour ago, Vangm94 said:

• There is no use running from any ship that is less than 6km from you because you will not ever be out of their range unless you find a island.

The one exception I might make to this is for Bogue. The aft-mounted secondaries I should think encourage running to keep them pointed at your attacker.

Good advice, in any case.

Edited by Estimated_Prophet
  • Cool 1

Sign in to follow this