You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
HyenaHiena

about space battles

22 comments in this topic

[STP]
Beta Testers
3,227 posts
12,348 battles

Really fun mode!

The camo and effects are nice, nice work wg.

Maybe now i'm a bit thinking in buy 1 or 2 space cammos. BUT i have a question, they gonna keep the effects in a normal battle? its a 8k doublons cammo....

Sad because only have a camo for hak not for midway (with is better in randons).

Space port are nice.

The animations are nice too.

Just a bit problem with the planes (mini space ships heh?) LOD, they disapears from some distance even be spoted.

• Cool 1

[HINON]
Supertester
20,523 posts
13,924 battles

So, what's fun about it, that the normal PvP mode doesn't have? It's just 100% the normal game with flashy colors.

[STP]
Beta Testers
3,227 posts
12,348 battles
12 minutes ago, Lert said:

So, what's fun about it, that the normal PvP mode doesn't have? It's just 100% the normal game with flashy colors.

Not have some ships.

Nice effects and global effects.

Ships not have TX modules or premium consumables.

And have a flashy colors heh

[HINON]
Supertester
20,523 posts
13,924 battles
1 minute ago, HyenaHiena said:

Not have some ships.

Nice effects and global effects.

Ships not have TX modules or premium consumables.

And have a flashy colors heh

True enough on all accounts.

[O_O]
Members
803 posts
5,231 battles
16 minutes ago, Lert said:

Mostly.  I haven't had a chance to play yet (silly early workday) but I'm looking forward to:

Tier X-only MM.

Tier VI+ players in Tier X ships leading to wild lemmingfests and maybe a little innovative play.

Captain Fishy.

Unique container items.

Other than that, yeah it's pretty much the normal game.  Probably to make selling the "camos" easier.

-R

Members
2,065 posts
3,885 battles

I wonder if this is also serving as an experiment for adjusting high tier economy...

Members
1,770 posts
11,151 battles
41 minutes ago, Lert said:

So true. You know what it can use ?   More cow bell 

Members
381 posts
9,943 battles

I'm really loving this! Great colors and sounds, lower player count makes it more personal, WG really outdid themselves on this one I think! Kind of like ranked, but way better :cap_like:

[PSP]
Members
8,130 posts

Space mode has the "thunderstorm," which does at least two different things. One is a Psy Field Disturbance that renders your heal inoperative. The other seems to be a meteor shower, which might damage ships (?).

The ship horns are hilarious -- try them.

The ships are not quite the same as any standard ship.

Players are playing abysmally and team damage is rampant. I think that many think this is an operation with no team damage.

The mode needs more CV and DD players -- wait times are long because everyone is in a BB or CA/CL.

The scenery is really neat. However the pseudo-3D makes aiming difficult and sort of messes with your head too.

[USCC2]
Members
4,764 posts

Thought it was an Operation after winning the ships in Co-Op, so jumped in playing the Gearing!

Randoms....grrrr! Never mind after about 6 minutes I started to feel sick and nearly hurled!!! Guess the space game mode is not for me!!! :Smile_teethhappy:

[PSP]
Members
8,130 posts

Something a few of us were discussing.

If it's space, then why do some ships have hydro-acoustical search?

Also, if its space, then why do shells have ballistic arcs?

[SIMP]
Members
898 posts
8,917 battles

Seems pretty meh at best... a reskin of the regular game

I do like elite xp though...

Wish there was more to it.

[SIMP]
Members
898 posts
8,917 battles
22 minutes ago, monpetitloup said:

Do you guys know what the achievements are? i keep getting the 999xp one, what the dickens is poekhali?

Poekhali is Russian for Get Going or Lets Go! if I recall correctly.

• Cool 1

[STP]
Beta Testers
3,227 posts
12,348 battles
24 minutes ago, Happy668 said:

i don't like it, hard to see crap, and fire lasts only 1 sec? what's the point for CA then?

fire only last 1 seconds inside psy waves.

[STP]
Beta Testers
3,227 posts
12,348 battles
27 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

also why space ships sail in kts not light speed? XD

[-POI-]
Members
79 posts
3,609 battles

I just played my first space battle and it definitely takes a bit to get used to! I like it.

Members
74 posts
15,305 battles
1 hour ago, monpetitloup said:

Do you guys know what the achievements are? i keep getting the 999xp one, what the dickens is poekhali?

They posted the achievements on March 22.

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/space_warships/

New achievements dedicated to Space Battles are also on the way!

Shield Activator: bring down 33 aircraft in a Space Battle. Can be obtained more than once. Reward: 1x expendable Sci-Fi Space camouflage (can be obtained once per day).

Vacuum Cleaning: Destroy 3 ships while playing a Space Battle with an aircraft carrier. Can be obtained more than once. Reward: 1 expendable Sci-Fi Space camouflage (can be obtained once per day).

Not Overly Assaultive: Earn 999 of base XP without modifiers in a Space battle. Can be obtained more than once. Reward: 1 expendable Sci-Fi Space camouflage (can be obtained once per day).

Poekhali!: Deliver more than 1,961 HP of damage to the enemy with any armament in one Space Battle. Can be obtained only once. Reward: 10x expendable Sci-Fi Space camouflages.

That's one small step for a man...: Secure one victory with each type of ship in Space Battles. Can be obtained only once. Reward: 10x expendable Sci-Fi Space camouflages.

Edited by StormSurgeAlpha
  • Cool 1

[NGAGE]
Members
4,361 posts
6,388 battles
2 hours ago, Lert said:

I like flashy colors, as a fan of Uchuu Senkan Yamato and Star Wars I enjoy the space setting and even "role play" a bit, the new sounds are awesome and a fun change of pace, I get to try out Tier 10 ships I don't have, I get to experiment with builds I wouldn't normally want to run in randoms, I don't have to worry about speccing consumables and upgrades on my ship(I'm lazy), it's nice to play a more relaxed game mode where people aren't all on edge about stats and what not.

I really wish WG had had a little more fun with it and given ships insanely over powered stats for the lols, let DDs go 80 knots, give the Des Moines rail gun shell arcs, give BBs cruiser dispersion, double the Moskva's fire chance....double everyone's HP pool and other wild ideas like that.....but for what it is....it's a nice change of pace.  

• Cool 1

[FML]
Members
2,463 posts
11,867 battles
2 hours ago, Snargfargle said:

And why do the flags flutter?

clearly, it’s just an elaborate hoax.