You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
07Beast109

Cant play with my CLAN

12 comments in this topic

[LFD]
Members
14 posts
4,377 battles

I joined a clan, but cant participate in battles because I don`t have any tier 8 ships yet. I am close, but still lots of grinding away. Cant even rent a ship. Why open it up to me to join a clan if I cant contribute to my team. Seems like a tactic to get me to purchase a premium tier 8 or higher.

• Funny 1

[CUTER]
Members
809 posts
20,959 battles

The reason they want you to have a t8 has nothing to do with purchase and more to do with actual talent.  Peeps with t6 and below go grabbing a t10, get the crap beat out of them and then rage quit both their clan and the game because it couldnt be their own poor understanding of high tier ships.  This is more of a protection for you as a player...from players or as some say predators like me.

• Cool 4

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
299 posts
5,608 battles

OP, you're simply not yet able to participate in clan battles. There's no reason you can't play with your clan members. Division up with some folks, and have a good time. You'll generally do better than solo, thus getting to that tier 8 sooner. You'll get to know your clan mates. Tear it up in one of the operations.

• Cool 1

[INTEL]
Beta Testers
1,793 posts
4,986 battles

Clan membership also benefits you in lower XP grinds (IIRC) and credit discounts on ships depending on how much they have upgraded the clan's port.

If you can get 7 division mates from your clan, Operations will let you run any Operation in the list - you aren't restricted to the Operation of the Week.

FWIW - I wouldn't bother with the rental tier 10's (and in fact, I don't).  I recall reading somewhere that you can't put upgrade modules on them (though I'm not certain of this), and your captains won't be up to snuff. 

Members
113 posts
4,753 battles

If you want to find a group that’s understand and willing to help you grind and learn the game check out the clan forums. My clan along with many others will assist in training and helping you learn and grow

[EREKT]
Members
48 posts
6,125 battles

It's hard to tell a new member that just because he has access to a tier 10 rental, doesn't mean that a clan who can only field one 7 man group is going to use him. We always tell our members who wanna rush into a tier 10 to just slow down and we'll do everything to help them grind up through their ships so that they understand the play-style and how it differs in random vs clan battles. Its not worth rushing through free exp into a tier 10, you end up regretting it and getting stomped. 

[LFD]
Members
14 posts
4,377 battles

Thanks you guys have calmed me down. should have my first tier 8 american cruiser soon. I`m grinding the Pensacola now, depending on how this US cruiser line split goes. I just didn't want to be considered a useless clan member.

Thanks for the advice

[NAM-1]
Beta Testers
65 posts

Most find the camaraderie, and divisioning up with clanmates the largest reason to join a clan. Sometimes I never make it into game, yet have a blast with clanmates. In fact I don't do clan battles at all, and likely never will. Yet I enjoy having fun with a clan when i find the right group.

[CUTER]
Members
809 posts
20,959 battles
On ‎3‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 11:17 AM, 07Beast109 said:

Oh and Kongo Pride me and my gold fish will be looking for you.... Dammm the torpedoes. :cap_wander:Lolololo

I would expect nothing less.