You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
SkywhaleExpress

If being totally honest...

11 comments in this topic

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
1,166 posts
13,758 battles

1. Have you ever had those days where you are dong very poorly, and you KNOW its your fault the team is losing?

I have had a couple overnight sessions where I was playing really well and then all of a sudden I start playing like bellz... 

2. Do you blame the team for your own failures? If so, how often?

While I usually blame myself before others, there’ve been a few times I was stubbornly unwilling to accept the fact I Fkn00b’d out badly... and then I go back and look at a replay and go “dubya tee eff!! I played like bellz!”

3. Are there any ships you seem to just never get a break in, OR that it took you hundreds of matches to finally start doing decently in?

For me, it is the Minekaze, Essex/Enterprise, Gearing, AND Des Moines.

a) Mine, I played for ages, not knowing how to torp and went over 100 maches at sub 40%... When I finally learned, she was already nerfed compared to Fujin/Kami, so I hust got her to 50% and sold her.

b) Essex... I had been so accustomed to he balanced or AS loadouts being capable at lower tiers, but it seemed like if I didn’t go strike, my surface combatants would fail to do the damage, even as I offered superior spotting AND defense. 

I went over 200 battles at less than 29% wins. I have been steadily edging toward 50%,  but it is rough. 

Enterprise, being bottome tier AND surface combatants not dealing damage, and my not being uni in CV’s...

c) Gearing... lets just say I spent 200+ battles trying to cap and defend teammates... I finally stopped being a pleb in her and have gone from 30ish% to near 50%.

d) Des Moines.. yeah, when I would go up to help gunboat DD’s (fletch/gearing) with 56s radar, they sit in their own smoke and don’t even help shoot DD’s.

I definitely brought her switfly back up to 50% when I stopped bothering to be a close AA/radar support ship, and started playing at mid/long range, but on the flanks.

[NNC]
Members
2,088 posts
9,476 battles
5 minutes ago, SkywhaleExpress said:

1. Have you ever had those days where you are dong very poorly, and you KNOW its your fault the team is losing?

I have had a couple overnight sessions where I was playing really well and then all of a sudden I start playing like bellz... 

While I usually blame myself before others, there’ve been a few times I was stubbornly unwilling to accept the fact I Fkn00b’d out badly... and then I go back and look at a replay and go “dubya tee eff!! I played like bellz!”

3. Are there any ships you seem to just never get a break in, OR that it took you hundreds of matches to finally start doing decently in?

For me, it is the Minekaze, Essex/Enterprise, Gearing, AND Des Moines.

a) Mine, I played for ages, not knowing how to torp and went over 100 maches at sub 40%... When I finally learned, she was already nerfed compared to Fujin/Kami, so I hust got her to 50% and sold her.

b) Essex... I had been so accustomed to he balanced or AS loadouts being capable at lower tiers, but it seemed like if I didn’t go strike, my surface combatants would fail to do the damage, even as I offered superior spotting AND defense. 

I went over 200 battles at less than 29% wins. I have been steadily edging toward 50%,  but it is rough. 

Enterprise, being bottome tier AND surface combatants not dealing damage, and my not being uni in CV’s...

c) Gearing... lets just say I spent 200+ battles trying to cap and defend teammates... I finally stopped being a pleb in her and have gone from 30ish% to near 50%.

d) Des Moines.. yeah, when I would go up to help gunboat DD’s (fletch/gearing) with 56s radar, they sit in their own smoke and don’t even help shoot DD’s.

I definitely brought her switfly back up to 50% when I stopped bothering to be a close AA/radar support ship, and started playing at mid/long range, but on the flanks.

- Yeh im a great player but sometimes when im pissy i get a little agressive and [edited] up things... 

- i sometimes blame teams especially if i worked my [edited]off on a game and still got steam rolled.

- Generically my worst ships are= Missouri, Montana, Iowa, NC, independance, hakaryu, taiho, gadjah mada.

[NERO]
Members
3,623 posts
27 minutes ago, SkywhaleExpress said:

1) Sure, everyone's off their game sometimes. I've done really dumb stuff before like come around an island into a torp wall that I should have known was probably on the way, or beached myself broadside to the enemy because I had more faith in my turning radius than I should have. Or when a match really comes down to one good shot and you totally flub your aiming. 

2) No, I don't do that. I own my failures, even if the failure was having faith in the cruisers to not run away and leave me to die when I push with them. :Smile_teethhappy:

3) Any CV. Except I'm still not good at them. 

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
1,166 posts
13,758 battles

Now, ships you’ve done really well in, even when others trash talk he ship non-stop? 

Me, the LoLoRaDo... even at launch. She is my favorite ship in the game.

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,216 posts
14,135 battles

I am a 48% potato.

I know the ship can play better than me.

If I can let her survive past 1st 5 minutes, I start to use her to her full potential.

Most often I am top 5 in team score....

Unless I die to first blood, then I find I'm 2nd from bottom.

[BYOB]
Members, Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
747 posts
1,976 battles

If I've had a few whiskeys before logging in,  I will usually apologize to my teammates in advance.  I tend to get a little more aggressive in that state and it does not always work out well.

Members
2,457 posts
5,238 battles
11 minutes ago, Das_Schlippo said:

If I've had a few whiskeys before logging in,  I will usually apologize to my teammates in advance.  I tend to get a little more aggressive in that state and it does not always work out well.

Always delighted to know a team mate is in the bag while I’m stone cold sober and doing my best. Always appreciate people thinking of others, too. 

Cant play the Missouri or Belfast worth a lick. Worst Destroyers ever. 

Do really well in Blys and Sims, way above average. No idea why. 

Members
3,182 posts
3,520 battles

I feel that way sometimes, yeah. Have also been the one to throw games. Never a good feeling. The most obvious one for me though was in FFXIV when I finally got Scholar high enough to start tackling those lv50 dungeons.  My party kept wiping and I didn't know why, so I asked, "Alright so what am I doing wrong?" That's when I learned that Scholar isn't suppose to act like a white mage. They mitigate damage, not spot heal. After that the run became a cake walk. 

-Members-
1,542 posts
26 battles

Don't get disheartened @SkywhaleExpress, some ships take a bit more playing to get used to. You'll get it in no time! :D winrate isn't everything either. Just judge based on your own stats to see how you are improving rather than comparing to other users!

[BYOB]
Members, Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
747 posts
1,976 battles
1 hour ago, Thornir said:

Always delighted to know a team mate is in the bag while I’m stone cold sober and doing my best. Always appreciate people thinking of others, too. 

It's a game, not a job.  Some of us like to loosen up in our time off from the daily grind.

Members
2,457 posts
5,238 battles
36 minutes ago, Das_Schlippo said:

It's a game, not a job.  Some of us like to loosen up in our time off from the daily grind.

It is a game. On teams of people depending on each other to try to achieve a goal. They’re just random internet people though, so I can see where you’d conclude they aren’t worthy of your best effort. 

I get what you’re saying about relaxing. Just wish people would save their reflex deteriorating  activities for later.