Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Ramsalot

WG please allow us to sell Type 20 camo back for doubloons!

16 comments in this topic

Members
2,419 posts
9,035 battles

With new space themed skins those of us that already own Type 20 camos are reluctant to spend the whole 8k just for cosmetic upgrade.  If we could sell existing Type 20 camo, we would be motivated to “upgrade” our camos, and you will make profit on this.

Edited by Ramsalot
  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[VFW]
Members
1,168 posts
23,092 battles

No item can be sold back for Doubloons unless WG made a big mistake against the player.   Maybe credits, but Doubloons...keep dreaming.

vr

• Cool 1

Members
2,419 posts
9,035 battles
1 minute ago, TexJapan said:

No item can be sold back for Doubloons unless WG made a big mistake against the player.   Maybe credits, but Doubloons...keep dreaming.

vr

I did say "please" :cap_yes:

[AAA]
Members
498 posts
8,183 battles

I would buy all the 4 cruiser camos if they let me sell the 4 type 20 camos on my cruisers. But ain't happening and I wont be buying ;)

Would even buy all the other camos of BBs and DDs if they let me  buy them without having those ships. But sadly I dont have any of the tier 10 DDs or BBs. 

[WOLF7]
Members
11,405 posts

Be serious...they already got the money for your dubloons, they profit nothing in giving players a trade....

Members
2,419 posts
9,035 battles

Well when it comes to space skins, I currently own GK, Zao, and Moskva all with type 20 camo...  If they allowed me to sell it for doubloons, I would pay them 9,000 doubloons to get space skin upgrade for all three.  But 24,000 doubloons?  24,000 doubloons on top of 15,000 doubloons I already paid for?  Nope.  So they can choose to make money on this, or not.

[USCC2]
Members
4,764 posts

WG have made their pitch and the only thing that will change their minds is if the camos do not sell terribly well (and even then I'm not sure they will change anything as that would be like admitting they made a mistake - WG don't make mistakes! lol). Yep, a lot of hard work went into them, I think most look great! However, the work has been done - now it's all down to making that work pay off, and it's a fine balance.

It is a shame about the price, as we are talking $15 over the usual with no additional benefit - maybe if they changed the 100% experience earned in battle to 100% free experience earned in battle, it would have been more palatable to many(?) But they have made their choice(?)

I have just got both the Gearing and Z-52 so haven't bought camo yet. I'm in a better position than many who have already bought the Type 20 camo, but even I can't bring myself to be happy about spending $15 extra for no reason than a funky space look. They still look sweeeet though lol.

Edited by _WaveRider_

[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
2,057 posts
6,263 battles

It's your loss, you gotta read things before buying them.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
300 posts
5,658 battles

As others have said, WG is not going to buy back paint for doubloons. What they might do (and would be the same end result you're looking for) is offer to swap the type 20 you already have, for the new space theme, for the 3k difference. I have no idea how likely this would be (probably very un-), but that would be the only thing you might look forward to

• Cool 1

[BUOY]
Members
300 posts
9,284 battles
27 minutes ago, Vangm94 said:

It's your loss, you gotta read things before buying them.

It's not a reading comprehension failure, it's a fortune telling crystal ball failure. Tier X permaflages were released more than a year ago and, according to the Space Battles intro vid, WG started this in January with the first leaks being released less than a month ago.

I really liked the Halloween crates of last year, but considering the backlash against everything like that and the base price of these camos I can understand why they didn't do that for this event. But, imo they should have offered the camos for sale in the premium shop as they have for the Richy/Gascan Republican camos where the stand alones are 8000 doubloons equivalent in price but they could also offer bundles by class and nation, that have a discount and maybe even offer a 'Space Armada' bundle of all 9 for 50% off.

Members
2,419 posts
9,035 battles
22 minutes ago, OstwindFlakpanzer said:

lol no.  quit being cheap.  buy the camos and help WG stay in business!   

I am not being cheap.  I am planning to buy the Paris camouflage, because I never got the chance to get Type 20 camo for Republique. I am ok with dishing out 8k for it.  But getting three more of those skins at full price when I already dropped 15,000 doubloons on those ships, I can’t justify that.

[RKN]
Beta Testers
1,100 posts
9,864 battles

Go to customer support and request a refund for one of your camos you don’t want. They will allow 4 refunds a calendar year for mistaken purchases. Read the refund policy to get more details. If you mention in their refund request you plan to buy one of the new space camos, then their is a good chance they will refund you the doubloons. It doesn’t hurt to ask.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Beta Testers
2,193 posts
5,726 battles
3 hours ago, _WaveRider_ said:

It is a shame about the price, as we are talking $15 over the usual with no additional benefit - maybe if they changed the 100% experience earned in battle to 100% free experience earned in battle, it would have been more palatable to many(?) But they have made their choice(?)

Switching the 100% xp to 100% free xp is actually worse. Once you start stacking bonuses, the free xp gap becomes apparent.

In regards to the camo cost, why do a doubloons refund if wg can do a rebate where if you already own a type 20 camo, then the 8k doubloons space camo would be deducted to 3k doubloons.

Doing refunds seems more complicated than offering a discount instead.

Members
2,419 posts
9,035 battles
4 hours ago, SavageTactical said:

Go to customer support and request a refund for one of your camos you don’t want. They will allow 4 refunds a calendar year for mistaken purchases. Read the refund policy to get more details. If you mention in their refund request you plan to buy one of the new space camos, then their is a good chance they will refund you the doubloons. It doesn’t hurt to ask.

I did that, they officially refuse to issue any refunds when it comes to camo.

[OBS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
178 posts
8,649 battles

I don't understand why they don't just offer us a discount for the new camos for owners of the old premium camos.  No way am I going to spend another 8k on top of the 5k for the camo I already own.

It's almost like...they don't want more doubloons from us... :o

Sign in to follow this