_irony_

Update 0.7.3 Bug Reports

57 comments in this topic

[WGA]
Developers
93 posts
6,205 battles

Greetings Captains!

The Update 0.7.3 is now starting, so please provide any bug reports you may encounter here. 

Please also check our little guide on how to report a bug here: 

Spoiler

If you're fairly certain you've encountered a bug, we'd like to encourage you to submit it to the Game Support section of the WoWS ticket queues, within a section where bugs are asked for, or to create a post within this sub-forum.

Remove your mods and try again before sending in a bug report as mods tend to be the culprit. 

I do ask that you please provide any and all information that you can when reporting an issue. 

Something that I have noticed that really helps in tracking this sort of thing is if you fill out the following information: 

Issue: This is where you should explain the problem that you're having.

Expected Result: Tell us what should be happening.
How to Replicate: Give us exampleson
how to reproduce this bug.
Screenshots/Replay/Supporting Info: Screenshots and Replays go a long way, so having this ready to go will really help. 

Just some friendly reminders of what a bug is NOT:

An aspect of game design that you disagree with ("This ship needs to be buffed" "That ship needs to be nerfed" "The ocean is the wrong shade of blue")
Items that you feel are missing from your account (almost always this is a problem with your payment method for premium stuff or an interface confusion for the rest)
Historical Inaccuracies
Issues related to your installed mods. - Remove your mods, if you gave any, and try again before sending in a bug report as mods tend to be the culprit.
We reserve the right to add to this list :trollface :

Forgot to mention, Remove your mods and try again before sending in a bug report as mods tend to be the culprit. 

For each report Please make sure to attach WG Check tool report to your reports! That will help us to better understand the nature of the issue you're experiencing.

You can find the instructions on how to use that tool here: 

Spoiler

Below I have included a download link to our WG Check tool. This diagnostic tool can be used for World of Tanks, World of Warships, and World of Warplanes.

This tool can be used as a way to run a diagnostic check on your game client, check to see if you're missing any game files (it will try and repair them if possible), and to gather necessary information our support team might need to address any tech/bug related issues. 

Once you have downloaded it, open the zip file and run the WGCheck.exe. After it has launched, please select the World of Warships icon and locate its directory. The default location is **C:\Games\World_of_Warships**

- Check the box labeled, *Add game client to the firewall exceptions*.

- Check the box labeled, *Extended network diagnostics*.

- Start the integrity check by selecting the orange *Start Diagnostics* button.

Be patient, it will take some time to finish.

In many instances, this should repair or at the very least diagnose what issue you may be having. 

If it doesn't resolve your issue, then I would like to ask that you please submit a support ticket to our CS team and please send us the WGCheck log that generates after the program has completed its check.

If the file size is too large for the support system, you may have to place it within a .zip file.

Lastly, if you have any mods installed on your PC, please remove them and run the check tool again (check your game client as well to see if removing the mod helped) before sending your info to us here in support. 

Members
1,775 posts
11,186 battles

I haven't had a chance to download the update but do you have any idea why sometimes the update on the live server has issues with stuttering/lag and zoom issues while it was performing perfectly fine on the test server? It happened with the 0.71 and 0.72. I played 0.73 on the test server and I had no problems. All ran smooth so I'm hoping the live server performs the same. 

[SMI-1]
[SMI-1]
Members
309 posts
8,787 battles

This update is so full of bugs it is not even funny any more, guns going off by themselves and no control from WASD, give me a break.

[WGA]
Developers
93 posts
6,205 battles
2 hours ago, Sere_Pj said:

This update is so full of bugs it is not even funny any more, guns going off by themselves and no control from WASD, give me a break.

It's actually the first report I've seen so far. Can you please PM me your WGCheck tool report so I could check and forward it to the development team if needed?

[SMI-1]
[SMI-1]
Members
309 posts
8,787 battles

@_irony_Have already done that and run Integrity Check twice, as well as sending Ping Plotter for Game, I am guess I will have to run another WG Check Tool Again, was just in a battle with FPS down to 4 and at the start as high as 40, goes up and down during the game and freeze's up during battle but does not throw me out of the game yet.

Thanks,

SERE_PJ1

[D-H-O]
Alpha Tester
1,619 posts
9,521 battles

Not sure if this is a bug or feedback, or just April fools but the survey I got was not very useful...

shot-18.03.28_18.47.11-0595.jpg

• Funny 2

[POP]
Members
38 posts
9,376 battles

With this update I am now experiencing a 2 to 3 second delay  between the time I push a key or click the mouse and the when the selected action takes place. For example I click to fire , it takes 2+ seconds for guns to fire. Yesterday the game worked fine.

WGCheck_EN.zip

• Cool 1

[TASC]
Members
240 posts
7,042 battles

another sloppy code patch. also the check tool infor added

i can't load the game i get this error message. 

space batle fail march 2018.JPG

WoWS_report.wgc

Edited by rutilius83
adding more information

[WULUF]
[WULUF]
Members
1,006 posts

I have four space ships appear in my port... I did not want them, did not ask for them.... how do I remove them?

I am here to drive warships.... meet other players and sink them.... or they sink me... not crazy space battles.... if I want space, I'd play Kerbal Space Program.

• Cool 1

[WOLF9]
Members
1,098 posts
4,789 battles
8 minutes ago, kiwi1960 said:

I have four space ships appear in my port... I did not want them, did not ask for them.... how do I remove them?

I am here to drive warships.... meet other players and sink them.... or they sink me... not crazy space battles.... if I want space, I'd play Kerbal Space Program.

That is not a bug @kiwi1960 

If you win a co-op, operations or a random battle in a tier 6+ cruiser it unlocks four "space cruisers" to play in the space battles April Fool's content. To my knowledge, they cannot be removed from port as you cannot buy or sell them.

No one is forcing you to play space battles or the spaceships nor is it keeping you from sailing and playing the normal warships. As soon as the April Fool's event is over both the spaceships and spaceport along with accompanying themes will be gone. 

People complaining about this are like those people that go to a restaurant to eat steak and then complain to the owner that there is mac-n-cheese and corn dogs on the menu for people that bring their kids. :Smile_facepalm:

• Cool 2

[WOLF9]
Members
1,098 posts
4,789 battles
50 minutes ago, Beornotns said:

where the hell are my space ships?  I have them marked as available to be seen...

~B

Have you unlocked them yet?

Your account has to be level 12 and above, and you have to play and win a co-op, operations, or random battle in a tier 6+ ship to unlock spaceships for the space battle mode. Winning a battle in a tier 6+ cruiser will get you 4 space cruisers, in a tier 6+ BB  a couple of space BBs, and so on and so forth.

Space Battles

Note:  Spaceships and their commanders are credited to players' accounts after completing a simple mission. If you win a battle on a Tier VI-X cruiser, four ships will arrive in your account—Galaxy, Aurora, Norma, and Zaya. For victory on a Tier VI-X destroyer, you'll receive Blue Aster and FlyFire. The mighty Alldestroyer, beautiful Paris, and elegant Hellcarrier will become available if you win on a Tier VI-X battleship or aircraft carrier correspondingly.

Shields at maximum power Commanders, and off we go! April Fools’ Day brings back Space Battles and a Space Port that will be available for you!

All you have to do is select "Space Battles" in the battle type selection menu; grab one of the nine space conquerors waiting for you in a personal starcraft—and press "Battle"!

You will receive:

• Nine distinctive ships helmed by nine distinguished commanders;
  • A new type of battle based on unique in-game mechanics;
  • Dedicated—"space"—containers with valuable loot and tailor-made space patches;
  • And, of course, the rare stellar achievements!
  • Cool 1

[-AVA-]
Members
189 posts
9,528 battles

When you first enter a battle at the initial screen with the team lineups, it doesn't stay at that screen as default for the next battle and reverts back to the screen with the ship points. Used to be you set it on the team lineup and the next and ensuing battles would all default to that screen.

[WULUF]
[WULUF]
Members
1,006 posts
3 hours ago, daVinci761st said:

That is not a bug @kiwi1960 

If you win a co-op, operations or a random battle in a tier 6+ cruiser it unlocks four "space cruisers" to play in the space battles April Fool's content. To my knowledge, they cannot be removed from port as you cannot buy or sell them.

No one is forcing you to play space battles or the spaceships nor is it keeping you from sailing and playing the normal warships. As soon as the April Fool's event is over both the spaceships and spaceport along with accompanying themes will be gone. 

People complaining about this are like those people that go to a restaurant to eat steak and then complain to the owner that there is mac-n-cheese and corn dogs on the menu for people that bring their kids. :Smile_facepalm:

Not complaining as such. Why point is: I know you cannot sell them, or turn them off... that is plainly obvious.

WG should have had an opt in opt out button...some of us oldies dont want to play such childish games. Besides, April First jokes may only be play just after midnight on the 1st to lunch time on the first.... anyone playing a joke before or after the time is agreed to be the April Fool.... first Japanese cartoons.... now this, appealing to the children... they are invading game chat asking how they can unlock their space dock... there has been a increase of idiots palying "I NEED INTELL" and other stupid sounds over and over and over.....

The only joke is the on the ones playing on a regular basis with the childish crap and nothing is ever done about it.

• Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[YEET]
Members
55 posts
4,703 battles

You're just the kind of guy who hates fun. It doesn't do anything to hurt you.  Stop telling others how to play the game.
But click the gear and uncheck the boxes for Space ships very easy to do.

But for the Zelinko update report
National+ mode is working fine!

Takao's model still wrong (The Bow mounted Imperial Chrysanthemum shouldn't be there. It should be blank)

Occasion strange torpedo trail behavior. Will occasionally top having a tail, and start having a tail after a few hundred meters resulting in a trail, gap, trail.  Most commonly happens with Carriers if you scroll a trail off screen the duration off screen is the duration of the gap

• Cool 1

[NDA]
Supertester, Alpha Tester
5,543 posts
4,201 battles

1. Issue:

Camouflage is not being applied to the #1 and #2 turrets of the Farragut and the Mahan.

2. Expected Result:

Camouflage should be applied to the turrets, just like on the Kidd, Lo Yang, Sims, etc.

3. How to Replicate:

Apply any camouflage on the Farragut and the Mahan.

4. Additional Info:

• Tested with Hull (A) and Hull (B) on both ships, using various camouflages including Permanent Camouflage.
  • Screenshots:
    Spoiler

DobcYud.jpg
    d2wCRaU.jpg

[WULUF]
[WULUF]
Members
1,006 posts
10 hours ago, Zelinko said:

You're just the kind of guy who hates fun. It doesn't do anything to hurt you.  Stop telling others how to play the game.
But click the gear and uncheck the boxes for Space ships very easy to do.

Yeah, I hate fun, that is why I hate playing WoWs, right, every single day, I hate coming here and paying for a game I do not like...

(sigh) Attack the message, not the messenger... I take it you know about ad hominem? Most young people don't which is a pity, its why so many topics get locked here because some cannot debate without attacking the other person.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ad_hominem

[WULUF]
[WULUF]
Members
1,006 posts

Two bugs:

1) the game crashed, in game, just as the counter got to zero, had to log back in, no harm done, but....

and

2) Torpedoes are not leaving trails, you can hear them, but not see them!! I used to be good at avoiding them BUT only if I could see them... now I get sunk every time. :(

ie: There are NO torpedo trails or markers to indicate where they are.

[D-H-O]
Alpha Tester
1,619 posts
9,521 battles
16 hours ago, kiwi1960 said:

Not complaining as such. Why point is: I know you cannot sell them, or turn them off... that is plainly obvious.

WG should have had an opt in opt out button...some of us oldies dont want to play such childish games. Besides, April First jokes may only be play just after midnight on the 1st to lunch time on the first.... anyone playing a joke before or after the time is agreed to be the April Fool.... first Japanese cartoons.... now this, appealing to the children... they are invading game chat asking how they can unlock their space dock... there has been a increase of idiots palying "I NEED INTELL" and other stupid sounds over and over and over.....

The only joke is the on the ones playing on a regular basis with the childish crap and nothing is ever done about it.

Except you can make them disappear which is as goods as turning them off. Bottom right hand side of port, just above the corral  is a little setting icon (like two gears) you can click this and there are two options for seeing and hiding ships of a given type if you don't like them. WG learned that not everyone liked the ARP/HSF/dragon/random ships they gave out for fun/free. This has been in the game for a long while now I hope this isn't the first time you have heard about it. If you don't like it turn it off and stop complaining about it.

• Cool 3

[WULUF]
[WULUF]
Members
1,006 posts
2 hours ago, Granitebeard said:

Except you can make them disappear which is as goods as turning them off. Bottom right hand side of port, just above the corral  is a little setting icon (like two gears) you can click this and there are two options for seeing and hiding ships of a given type if you don't like them. WG learned that not everyone liked the ARP/HSF/dragon/random ships they gave out for fun/free. This has been in the game for a long while now I hope this isn't the first time you have heard about it. If you don't like it turn it off and stop complaining about it.

Actually, according to the game you cannot. If you never play the space battles, the ships are still in your port, you cannot disable them OR sell them...(not even for 0 credits)

Fully awake and read your answer.... OK, I'll look, and YES, its the first I've heard about it. Don;t ask me why... but it is. :Smile_sad:

EDIT! Thanks, that did the trick, and BTW, turns out I did know about that but never thought it would work on "space ships" ... so at least, next time, I'll know to turn it off there.

Thanks. :Smile_Default:

Edited by kiwi1960
  • Cool 1

[MAGOO]
[MAGOO]
Members
154 posts
1,456 battles

Still no filter for the French campaign content, yet Space Battles launch with a filter in place already.

We have filters for Arpeggio. Dragon, Bismarck, HSF, North Cape etc.

Why not the French Campaign content.  When people pick Maid of Orleans or Fleur d'Acier camouflage I want to be able to see the standard ship (just like Arpeggio).

If we can't filter all the 'off the wall' content why have any filters at all?

Edited by mrblueskye

[-BMV-]
Members
380 posts
7,247 battles

I had an issue with the National + voiceovers.  I was playing a Russian ship (Chapayev) and exited battle when my ship sank.  I then started a battle in an American ship (New Orleans) and the commander was still speaking Russian.

[AKN]
Members
8 posts
4,588 battles
On 3/28/2018 at 5:57 PM, rutilius83 said:

This happened to my team three times in a clan battle tonight.

another sloppy code patch. also the check tool infor added

i can't load the game i get this error message. 

space batle fail march 2018.JPG

WoWS_report.wgc

Edited by Lagometer