Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Knavbot

Graf Zeppelin

14 comments in this topic

Members
155 posts
4,377 battles

So I logged in to look at my Graf Zeppelin and for some reason I had to spend XP and credits on the second loadout any reason why, and I don't have my perma camo for not returning the boat. 

[SHPFC]
Members
3 posts
3,638 battles

Dear captains!

Our apologies, but one of the flight control modules for Graf Zeppelin has a 4700 XP and 165000 credit prices. Please fear not, as we’ll provide the appropriate compensation, should you wish to spend your currencies on it.

The camo will be credited with the compensation ASAP, in the next few days.

from the official page

[FAO]
Members
4 posts
2,491 battles

I just took the Graf Zepplin out for a few runs after I was notified the new build was finally live. Ran through a few co-op battles first to feel it out, did ok, but that doesn't mean anything. I finally tested it out in random, and my god this ship is still utter crap.

I think this has a lot to do with the fact that, at tier 8, you almost always are up-tiered to a t10 match. This means that, of the three t10 matches I played, my tiny squadrons of planes were murdered to devastating effect by any ship I was able to target. Only after about halfway through the battle was I finally able to land a few good hits, after the ships had already been softened up by fire from my team. To make matters far worse, I decided to use a full AP dive bomb loadout on my third match and the amount of damage I was able to do was laughable, and that was IF I was able to land any hits at all. 

Every ship I faced outmatched Graf Zepplin in every way and fighting the Enterprise was like a child attacking with a rubber bat. I simply could not move any planes anywhere there was even a single fighter squadron and the Zep doesn't have enough planes in the hanger to keep beating itself against the wall of enemy AA in a vain attempt to hit ANYTHING AT ALL and when there are hits, the damage is so low it's like you didn't hit ANYTHING AT ALL.

I wouldn't dare claim to be a master CV player but I understand the basic fundamentals of the do's and don'ts: it's just not enough, particularly when most matches in a t8 ship are going to be matched into a t10 game. 

Much like the proliferation of radar, too many ships have too much AA for CVs to be as weak as they are and that goes for all CVs let alone a t8 that's gonna be tiered up every match. The absolute best you can hope for is a terrible enemy team at your ship's tier and a selection of enemy ships that don't have good AA rating. Without these things, the Graf Zepplin seems like a crap ship even after the huge deal that was made to rebuild it so it was feasible in battle. It's a joke... a 65 dollar joke that's not worth the words that were written to describe it.

[HC]
[HC]
Beta Testers
1,907 posts
10,906 battles

Graf Zeppelin's a very hot or cold ship. If you run across an opposing CV that knows what they're doing, you're in for a workout. If your opponent isn't that hot, they're gonna make you look good.

farazelleth's review of it.

I didn't like the AP bombs in the test, I ran normal Torps and HE bombs, and pretty much did the same as my Shokaku.

My testing of the GZ part 1 and part 2 I didn't do a video of an earlier fight between my Graf Zeppelin and an Enterprise, mostly due to some bad attitudes in chat that had nothing to do with the CV's. That one ended with an Enterprise sinking to a cruiser and a destroyer that drove up to it, and my Graf Zeppelin chasing DD's around with it's secondaries because I had been completely deplaned. 

I haven't taken it into random's since the final release as the teams in random have been so bad I've been giving PvP a break. I can only stand half the teams battleships hiding behind the CV for so long before I need a break.

[JUGG]
[JUGG]
Members
4 posts
9,025 battles

Hi everyone I been seeing the Graf Zeppelin last couple of days n battles and I was worry if anyone know if it will be put back on market or coming back to the game for the other people that didn't buy it the first time last year.  I miss out on it the first time and I am hoping on it coming back to the store, if anyone have any info bout the GZ let me know thanks

[90TH]
[90TH]
Alpha Tester
6,638 posts
8,217 battles
3 minutes ago, ArabianSam said:

Hi everyone I been seeing the Graf Zeppelin last couple of days n battles and I was worry if anyone know if it will be put back on market or coming back to the game for the other people that didn't buy it the first time last year.  I miss out on it the first time and I am hoping on it coming back to the store, if anyone have any info bout the GZ let me know thanks

possibly maybe this summer, (Gamescom time/August) possibly maybe never, and do a NIkolai, sold once never to be sold ever again/

[JUGG]
[JUGG]
Members
4 posts
9,025 battles

Ok thanks for the info DarthZeppelin ill keep my eye open in August Ill just have to hope they try to bring it out again. good hunting :)

[90TH]
[90TH]
Alpha Tester
6,638 posts
8,217 battles
1 minute ago, ArabianSam said:

Ok thanks for the info DarthZeppelin ill keep my eye open in August Ill just have to hope they try to bring it out again. good hunting :)

That's my best guess, the GZ is most in demand among EU server players, (300 active EU server GZ owners in random battles compared to 80 on the NA server) so it would make sense for a premium shop relaunch to take place there and then.

Members
3 posts
65 battles

Being a bit OCD... I like to keep my ships in sets and I would very much like to get a chance to have the Graf Zeppelin included with my other German Ships. I hope this August they do bring it back !

[TF03]
Members
741 posts
2,806 battles
On 15/04/2018 at 8:20 AM, ArabianSam said:

Ok thanks again mate

from what i remember once the testing was done and WG gave it the all clear and became a normal CV not a testing it would be 3 month till it showed up for people that dont have it to buy it, people in that 3 months i think if they didnt like the new one could get a refund

Sign in to follow this