You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Snargfargle

Space Battles are a Blast!

73 comments in this topic

[PSP]
Members
8,130 posts

Space Battles are really fun! The Devs have gone all out in creating a whole new venue in which to play. Remember that you need to win a game in a tier 6 plus ship of the same type to get a spaceship.

• Cool 2

[WGA]
Administrator
1,185 posts
482 battles

You actually only need to play a game to access the mode.   Glad you are enjoying it!

Edit: Correction you need to win a battle.  Sorry for any confusion!

[5BS]
Members
6,721 posts

Just a thought and question: I know it's a separate battle type, but is it treated at all as a Random Battle. As in, can you get High Caliber in it and reap the flags? Does it count towards progress in Campaigns or towards badges?

[RLGN]
Members
10,056 posts
19,462 battles

It’s Tier 10.

That’s reason enough alone to question how much ‘fun’ or ‘a blast’ this mode will be.

[P2W]
[P2W]
Members
920 posts

I would try it out except there are no ships available in my port to play the mode with, and I have played a battle.

[WOLF9]
Members
1,070 posts
4,727 battles
1 minute ago, DESRON10 said:

I would try it out except there are no ships available in my port to play the mode with, and I have played a battle.

You have to play and win 1 battle in co-op or random battle mode with a tier VI + ship ( not sure if operations also applies). Confirmed co-op, because I just won a match in my tier VI Cleveland and got the four space ships in my port.

Space Battles

Note:  Spaceships and their commanders are credited to players' accounts after completing a simple mission. If you win a battle on a Tier VI-X cruiser, four ships will arrive in your account—Galaxy, Aurora, Norma, and Zaya. For victory on a Tier VI-X destroyer, you'll receive Blue Aster and FlyFire. The mighty Alldestroyer, beautiful Paris, and elegant Hellcarrier will become available if you win on a Tier VI-X battleship or aircraft carrier correspondingly.

Shields at maximum power Commanders, and off we go! April Fools’ Day brings back Space Battles and a Space Port that will be available for you!

All you have to do is select "Space Battles" in the battle type selection menu; grab one of the nine space conquerors waiting for you in a personal starcraft—and press "Battle"!

You will receive:

• Nine distinctive ships helmed by nine distinguished commanders;
  • A new type of battle based on unique in-game mechanics;
  • Dedicated—"space"—containers with valuable loot and tailor-made space patches;
  • And, of course, the rare stellar achievements!
  • Cool 1

[5BS]
Members
6,721 posts
8 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

It’s Tier 10.

That’s reason enough alone to question how much ‘fun’ or ‘a blast’ this mode will be.

T10 with T7 economics (patch Video) and, assuming it *is* a separate game mode, a la Operations, there are no 'stats' to worry about and thus a great thickener of things.

[P2W]
[P2W]
Members
920 posts
36 minutes ago, Radar_X said:

You actually only need to play a game to access the mode.   Glad you are enjoying it!

So this info is wrong? Let me guess ..April Fools?

Members
815 posts
7,925 battles
43 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

Space Battles are really fun! The Devs have gone all out in creating a whole new venue in which to play. Remember that you need to win a game in a tier 6 plus ship of the same type to get a spaceship.

40 minutes ago, Radar_X said:

Overachiever.

[WOLF9]
Members
1,070 posts
4,727 battles
2 minutes ago, DESRON10 said:

So this info is wrong? Let me guess ..April Fools?

It is not wrong. I played and won a game in my tier VI Cleveland and received the ships per how it is supposed to work. It can be a random or co-op battle.

[WOLF6]
Members
766 posts
4,871 battles

It’s still early in Texas and he hasn’t had his obligatory huevos rancheros and salsa yet

• Funny 1

[PSP]
Members
8,130 posts

Spaceships and their commanders are credited to players' accounts after completing a simple mission. If you win a battle on a Tier VI-X cruiser, four ships will arrive in your account—Galaxy, Aurora, Norma, and Zaya. For victory on a Tier VI-X destroyer, you'll receive Blue Aster and FlyFire. The mighty Alldestroyer, beautiful Paris, and elegant Hellcarrier will become available if you win on a Tier VI-X battleship or aircraft carrier correspondingly.

Lot's of "win" and "victory" mentioned here. I'll have to lose a game to see.

Edited by Snargfargle

[WOLF9]
Members
1,070 posts
4,727 battles
5 minutes ago, DESRON10 said:

So why did Radar_x make a contradictory post saying you only had to PLAY a battle.

No idea. Maybe he hasn't had his cup of joe this morning yet, lol, but here's the detailed info on the Space Battles. I can confirm it is working as I got the Galaxy, Aurora, Norma, and Zaya in my port after winning a co-op battle in my tier VI Cleveland. 

Space Battles

Note:  Spaceships and their commanders are credited to players' accounts after completing a simple mission. If you win a battle on a Tier VI-X cruiser, four ships will arrive in your account—Galaxy, Aurora, Norma, and Zaya. For victory on a Tier VI-X destroyer, you'll receive Blue Aster and FlyFire. The mighty Alldestroyer, beautiful Paris, and elegant Hellcarrier will become available if you win on a Tier VI-X battleship or aircraft carrier correspondingly.

Shields at maximum power Commanders, and off we go! April Fools’ Day brings back Space Battles and a Space Port that will be available for you!

All you have to do is select "Space Battles" in the battle type selection menu; grab one of the nine space conquerors waiting for you in a personal starcraft—and press "Battle"!

You will receive:

• Nine distinctive ships helmed by nine distinguished commanders;
  • A new type of battle based on unique in-game mechanics;
  • Dedicated—"space"—containers with valuable loot and tailor-made space patches;
  • And, of course, the rare stellar achievements!

[WOLF9]
Members
1,070 posts
4,727 battles
3 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

Lot's of "win" and "victory" mentioned here. I'll have to lose a game to see.

I didn't get any spaceships in port after losing a random match in the tier VI New Mexico; so, I'm assuming Radar_X provided the correct info and it has to be a "win."

[PSP]
Members
8,130 posts
13 minutes ago, daVinci761st said:

I didn't get any spaceships in port after losing a random match in the tier VI New Mexico; so, I'm assuming Radar_X provided the correct info and it has to be a "win."

He posted contradictory information though. I will see in a sec. I'm about to lose a game in a cruiser because of a really bad team.

You have to win.

Edited by Snargfargle

[PIZZA]
Supertester
949 posts
21,368 battles

Awesome job by WG on the space battles.   It is definitely something different and quite fun.  Well done!!!!  Space port is pretty cool too.

Members
1,140 posts
8,387 battles

It is raining and gray in Austin; if dude needs more coffee I completely understand.

I'm looking forward to giving these another try, but when I tried space battles out on the PTS I found myself...really bad at them.  Something about the surface of the space map completely throws off my depth perception.  You cannot win them all - I, in fact, barely won any.

[WOLF9]
Members
1,070 posts
4,727 battles
5 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

He posted contradictory information though. I will see in a sec. I'm about to lose a game in a cruiser because of a really bad team.

Sigh... I mean if you want to be that guy and have @Radar_X hauled out to the harbor and flogged, or I don't know... you could just let it go @Snargfargle and go play space battles.

• Cool 1

Members
815 posts
7,925 battles
6 minutes ago, Lillehuntrix said:

It is raining and gray in Austin; if dude needs more coffee I completely understand.

AND they just worked through a major update. 

What a team!

[-HON-]
Beta Testers
488 posts
12,047 battles

PSA the Norma is the Minotaur so Demolition Expert doesn't work, um a "friend" told me to pass it on.  There are more than one person in Texas who hasn't had enough coffee yet.

The big thing with Space Battles is they come with a 19 point captain.  All captain XP earnt is Elite Commander XP and can be used on any captain you have in your port.  It is a great game mode to farm Elite Commander XP.

• Cool 2

[CVA16]
Members
2,763 posts
7,529 battles

Haven't got to play yet because of work. Game updated and got to look at it. Will try to a couple of rounds in at lunch. Could just go home "sick".

• Cool 1

Members
815 posts
7,925 battles
3 minutes ago, Ghostdog1355 said:

Haven't got to play yet because of work. Game updated and got to look at it. Will try to a couple of rounds in at lunch. Could just go home "sick".

That's the spirit. 

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
10,487 posts

I congratulate WoWS/WG on the Space Battle mode. Everything looks spectacular, sounds are right, it's a real work of art. 

But... after only one battle, my impression is I probably will play it but not as much as I'd hoped. I agree with other's that depth perception is tough - but I can probably adjust to it. It seems very challenging to actually sink anyone though... with such fast heals/repairs it might prove a challenge. The queue is stuffed with battleships. If you want to play get a cruiser or dd. 

I'm stoopid. I cannot tell what ships were the basis of the "space" versions. Might have been nice if you'd have simply put the normal game ship in the space ship name - or someplace in a description? Is it there and I missed it? 

I'll be back after about a dozen missions... see if I'm still feeling the same about it. GL HF everyone!