You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
sartt

Sad about the Aprile fools event because...

13 comments in this topic

Members
403 posts
2,444 battles

No space battleship YAMATO?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRjYlLs8fxqfT-_WPTsp0K

No use of the ARP ships special weapons? Comeon!!!!  No one thought about these ships? : (

• Cool 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
6,006 posts

Copyrights, trademarks, attorneys, money.. money.. money...

[SYN]
Members
4,921 posts
11,844 battles

I'm pretty sure they did but, without a license, WG wouldn't be terribly pleased about getting sued.

ARP has long since expired, and just because a Yamato thing sounds like a great idea doesn't mean anything is guaranteed to happen.

[ICOP]
Members
1,067 posts
3,860 battles

The live action movie just plain sucked!  Plus did they not do a yammie spaceship for April 1st in CBT?

[PVE]
Members
14,935 posts
9,477 battles
38 minutes ago, sartt said:

No space battleship YAMATO?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRjYlLs8fxqfT-_WPTsp0K

No use of the ARP ships special weapons? Comeon!!!!  No one thought about these ships? : (

You could put these on repeat while you play Spacebattles. :)

Members
4,117 posts
8,680 battles
38 minutes ago, AVR_Project said:

Yeah, I think it would cost WG a lot of cash.

[BWC]
Beta Testers
1,416 posts
6,036 battles

You know, there's a reason that, in the video for Space Mode, there were parts where the dialogue was overlaid with the line 'we'll get sued'. Do you really think they could put in probably the most well-known and iconic spaceship in Japan and it wouldn't get noticed by the people with the IP rights to it?

WG knew they couldn't, but if you look at the ships, it's obvious they were quite willing to show their appreciation for the story that was the biggest reason the idea of spacecraft modeled after naval warships exists today.

Edited by Jakob_Knight

[O_O]
Members
803 posts
5,243 battles

I would have liked straight-line weapons instead of parabolic, and maybe no central plane... but game engine and carry-over play ability.  I'll take permanent, optional skins over that. 

An update to a modern engine would be nice, but I'm much more concerned with incremental improvements than jumping blindly into changes of that magnitude.

-R

[AHOY_]
Beta Testers
6,770 posts
3,937 battles

I'm still miffed about it as well. Just kitbash something using Zaya's curved lines for a theme; it'd be just different enough from the regular Space Battleship Yamato, while still fitting with the theme of the event.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
6,006 posts

If one collects signed posters of the IJN ships -- published before and during WW2, they bear the chrysanthemum mark and the Emperor's portrait in the corner.

That mark means, "Property of the Emperor of Japan".  This trademark was revoked by McArthur during the occupation.  However, some folks are still squeamish about posting them.  One of Japan's newest LSTs is pronounced, "Oh Sue Me".

All photographs and films made by war correspondents are in the public domain.  This means anyone is free to use and make a living off them.  Lately, I see trademarks and corporate watermarks slapped over them as some greedy folks are claiming ownership and charging for use.  A lot of this fraud goes on in Ebay.

Other details, including armor models were at one time, closely guarded secrets.  WG needs to be careful not to tap-dance on any landmines in this area as well.  Every nation has it's peculiarities, and some things are never released.  The US has secrets dating all the way back to the Civil War.  Disclosing even those ancient secrets will land a person behind bars that don't serve rum & coke.

[WOLF9]
Members
797 posts
5,861 battles
3 hours ago, AVR_Project said:

image.jpeg.96d98998ec151d1189b6a362eefca4a1.jpeg

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[NNC]
Members
2,088 posts
9,518 battles
1 hour ago, Mister_Rawr said:

I would have liked straight-line weapons instead of parabolic, and maybe no central plane... but game engine and carry-over play ability.  I'll take permanent, optional skins over that. 

An update to a modern engine would be nice, but I'm much more concerned with incremental improvements than jumping blindly into changes of that magnitude.

-R

Agreed the overall game engine needs to be updated. Hell even if they made the game into a much more stable 64-bit system rather then 32-bit that would also fix SERVERAL issues

[O_O]
Members
803 posts
5,243 battles
1 hour ago, AVR_Project said:

All photographs and films made by war correspondents are in the public domain.  This means anyone is free to use and make a living off them.  Lately, I see trademarks and corporate watermarks slapped over them as some greedy folks are claiming ownership and charging for use.  A lot of this fraud goes on in Ebay.

Or stock digital media companies.  I love seeing photos of myself that were taken by Navy MCs and posted on the Navy public website with some company's watermark plastered all over it, begging to be paid for public domain material.  

Please folks, be smart and use the free high-res versions.

BT BT

Wow, could I possibly be any more off-topic?  Sorry about that, OP. 

-R

Edited by Mister_Rawr