Jump to content
CPT_Alejandra

My main problem

15 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Members
30 posts
1,390 battles

My first problem

After playing for a while and reaching tier 9 all my motivation to reach tier 10 went to the bottom of the sea, because my boats do not gain experience and credits when playing with my Tier 9 even though they have premium, then they tell me that I should buy a camouflage which I think is unfair to have to buy a camouflage for each boat high tier, I do not want to buy a camouflage just to receive the right to win or lose the game, because they did not invent anything else that does not demotivate at the time to reach high tier? , it is difficult to win because people play individually and not as a team, doing so much damage to me is complicated. I do not have so much time to be playing and practicing, so that later I lose my credits and experience, so they can tell me after investigating a lot of boats I should buy something extra.

Second Problem

The second problem is that sometimes I get a small window with an error and it forces me to close the game, when I go back into the game, I am already in serious problems with my boat and they destroy it. This is also an inconvenience for me. and more now with the problem of tier 9 and 10.

They should be a bit fair and stop removing what someone earns with effort because the game does not have players who always play well and do not know how to play in a group and well synchronized.

If the players are organized to play or the gameplay is improved, I buy the camouflage at my level of boats 9 and 10, and there are no mistakes that make me close the game

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
638
[VW]
Members
2,429 posts
14,253 battles

I totally agree with you for problem 1. Whats even more frustrating is that tier 10 seems to be even worse in terms of loss of credits. That combined with the campy style of play makes me wonder why bother. I guess play low tiers for fun, it’s often more aggressive and you never lose money

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,631
[DAKI]
WoWS Wiki Editor
8,213 posts
7,205 battles

1) You can grind your ships to T10 without using camoflage or flags or anything, but it will take a long time. That is how Free2Play games work, they encourage you to spend money so that you can grind faster and with less effort.

2) That is the Client and how buggy it is, I have that happen to me as well. Not much one can do about it other than hoping that they fix it.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,074
[SALVO]
Members
20,040 posts
19,932 battles
10 minutes ago, monpetitloup said:

I totally agree with you for problem 1. Whats even more frustrating is that tier 10 seems to be even worse in terms of loss of credits. That combined with the campy style of play makes me wonder why bother. I guess play low tiers for fun, it’s often more aggressive and you never lose money

WG is trying to encourage people to buy premium accounts.  That's why it's so costly to play at high tiers, if you don't have a premium account.  So if you don't have a prem account, you just have to play some battles in the mid tiers, say tiers 5-7, to pay for high tier battles when you lose credits.  

As for losing credits in tier 10 battles, if you can afford to do so, gold premium camos really help you in this regard.  I will say that I've never bought any of these gold premium camos for any ships below tier 10.  And I don't even have them on all of my tier 10's, at least not yet.

As for aggressiveness or lack thereof at high tiers, this is because a lot of players are playing to win, not playing to be aggressive for the sake of  playing aggressive.  And oft times playing to win requires one to play more intelligently rather than being mindlessly aggressive.  Frankly, I play most all tiers, and I don't find high tier battles all that bad, unless a team has the bad luck to lose its DDs early in the battle.  This causes teams to get hyper cautious because they've lost their screen which spots enemy ships and torpedoes for them.  No one wants to blindly sail into a cap that might have some DD lurking about waiting to nail you  with 2-3 full spreads of torpedoes.  On the flip side, when a team has a lot of radar ships, the other team's DDs tend to get very cautious because no DD player likes the idea of getting caught out in the open and being spotted by radar.

Now, the reality is that the first issue (losing your DDs) can still be an issue in the mid tiers.  But radar isn't an issue until tier 7 when you start seeing radar on the Atlanta, Belfast, and Indianapolis.

Personally, I usually enjoy the play style in the high tiers, because I enjoy a more thoughtful approach to the game, not mindless, hyper aggression.  But no one likes it when there's not a shred of aggressiveness.  But this is usually caused by the loss of the team's DDs, and perhaps having a team of lesser skilled players who are much too cautious.  For what little it's worth, my experience is that lesser skilled players have a hard time finding the right balance of caution and aggressiveness for successful play.  Some are too aggressive to the point that they overextend and get killed far too quickly.  And others are too cautious and just don't know when to push, even if ever so gently, or press an advantage, or do almost anything other than max range sniping in ships that have no business doing so.  

Ah well.  That's all I have for now.

 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,851
[RKLES]
Members
8,925 posts
10,828 battles

Other thing that makes me a little wary is the nerfed torp ranges so many of the tier 9 and 10 ships have with some exceptions of course.

IJN for example when you are starting out you drool over getting the 10km Torps and get used to having them and then suddenly nope you get 8km version suddenly. Might be ok, but is cause for concern since I just researched IJN CA at tier IX, but have not purchased it yet. Love sailing though islands and leaving enemy a few gifts to run into as I slip by often unseen or spotted for moment and then cloaked and instant later.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
638
[VW]
Members
2,429 posts
14,253 battles
14 minutes ago, Crucis said:

WG is trying to encourage people to buy premium accounts.  That's why it's so costly to play at high tiers, if you don't have a premium account.  So if you don't have a prem account, you just have to play some battles in the mid tiers, say tiers 5-7, to pay for high tier battles when you lose credits.  

As for losing credits in tier 10 battles, if you can afford to do so, gold premium camos really help you in this regard.  I will say that I've never bought any of these gold premium camos for any ships below tier 10.  And I don't even have them on all of my tier 10's, at least not yet.

As for aggressiveness or lack thereof at high tiers, this is because a lot of players are playing to win, not playing to be aggressive for the sake of  playing aggressive.  And oft times playing to win requires one to play more intelligently rather than being mindlessly aggressive.  Frankly, I play most all tiers, and I don't find high tier battles all that bad, unless a team has the bad luck to lose its DDs early in the battle.  This causes teams to get hyper cautious because they've lost their screen which spots enemy ships and torpedoes for them.  No one wants to blindly sail into a cap that might have some DD lurking about waiting to nail you  with 2-3 full spreads of torpedoes.  On the flip side, when a team has a lot of radar ships, the other team's DDs tend to get very cautious because no DD player likes the idea of getting caught out in the open and being spotted by radar.

Now, the reality is that the first issue (losing your DDs) can still be an issue in the mid tiers.  But radar isn't an issue until tier 7 when you start seeing radar on the Atlanta, Belfast, and Indianapolis.

Personally, I usually enjoy the play style in the high tiers, because I enjoy a more thoughtful approach to the game, not mindless, hyper aggression.  But no one likes it when there's not a shred of aggressiveness.  But this is usually caused by the loss of the team's DDs, and perhaps having a team of lesser skilled players who are much too cautious.  For what little it's worth, my experience is that lesser skilled players have a hard time finding the right balance of caution and aggressiveness for successful play.  Some are too aggressive to the point that they overextend and get killed far too quickly.  And others are too cautious and just don't know when to push, even if ever so gently, or press an advantage, or do almost anything other than max range sniping in ships that have no business doing so.  

Ah well.  That's all I have for now.

 

My point is that one can be skilled but still detest the campy style of play. This is afterall world of warships, not world of sailboats and certainly not world of chess. As has been stated before, this style of play seems to be a hallmark of the north american server and is therefore not the only way of playing.

Edited by monpetitloup

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,851
[RKLES]
Members
8,925 posts
10,828 battles

Lol there are reasons many of my ship lines are stopping at tier 8 with only a select few even being considered to go even to tier 9 let alone tier 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
161
[WOLF5]
Members
687 posts
8,472 battles

..not much point to stop at tier 8,,as you are up-tiered to tier 9-10 all the time.....actually tier 9 is still manageable to earn credit,(or not lose)without any   premium camo or premium account . And tier 9 ships are some of the best in all . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
980
[SPTR]
Members
26,531 posts
12,333 battles

You play low tiers for fun, you play mid tiers to earn credits, high tier ships is where the competitive play is at, yes bad teams are everywhere but is to be expected with team based online gaming nowadays.

Its like the game wants you to play all the tiers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,146
[WORX]
Members
3,289 posts
14,695 battles

IF I want to crap credits all I have to do is

  • Get on my favorite premium fun ship at t6 or t7
  • Load it up with economic flags, (easy to get if you participate in Public test server)
  • Do well in OPERATION, and you will get rewarded very well lol

The Game client does pull a brain fart, and its annoying. Hopefully its not that often.

 Tier play, I mean, for real challenge of your skills I would stay around tier 5-7 are the tiers of death. T4 is the fun tier,  Tier 8-10, um I avoid these tiers like the plague. 

GL and HF!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,406
[HINON]
Members
10,662 posts

TBH you appear to have shot up the tiers too quickly and outstripped your skills. You have less than 1k battles and have primarily gone up the german BBs and this is reflected in your low average damage in those ships. I would suggest going back to a couple other ship lines and play them up to T7 and get more experience and then come back to the FDG with your better skills.

Edited by RipNuN2
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
817
[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,215 posts
14,118 battles

On your free loot crates you earn each day, pick flags and cammo.

Free stuff.

If you play average, you can break even at tier 9 and 10.

But you have to use the FREE cammo and flags.

Doing above average and you make money.

If you earned a free premium ship, as in recent Aigle event, you can use this to earn credits to support tier 10.

If you have enough free experience, you can buy Nelson, it prints money.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,495
[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
5,996 posts

I have the Baltimore with golden $20 camo.  Also have DM with $25 camo.  Sold the New Orleans, but bought it back to use the Anniversary camo.

I sold the Iowa because -- no camo, but I have Missouri.  Monty has $25 camo.  NC has $15 camo.

Roon -- Sold.  Hindy has $25 camo.  Hipper has $15 camo.

Sold the Amagi, Free XP'd the T9.  Yamato has $25 gold camo.  Have Nagato, but it is without permanent camo.

Mogami and Ognevoi have $15 camo.  Kiev and Bismarck have awarded camo.

Have 4 tier 8 'earned' camo where I haven't ground up to the ships yet:  Martel, Conquror, Richelieu, and the Z

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,074
[SALVO]
Members
20,040 posts
19,932 battles
6 hours ago, monpetitloup said:

My point is that one can be skilled but still detest the campy style of play. This is afterall world of warships, not world of sailboats and certainly not world of chess. As has been stated before, this style of play seems to be a hallmark of the north american server and is therefore not the only way of playing.

First of all, I don't think that the play style is all that campy.  I see it as more punch/counter-punch.

Secondly, I actually do view high tier play as being not unlike chess.  Good players are trying to think a couple moves ahead, not just reacting to what's in front of them in that instant.

Thirdly, from what I recall, the  SEA server is much more campy/snipey than the NA server.  The NA server is, to me, more punch/counter-punch.  Each team looking to generate an advantage that they can then use to their benefit against the enemy team.  Most teams don't like pushing blindly into the enemy.  But smart players will push on the enemy when they've created a localized advantage.

As for the Russian servers, I've heard that they're very brawly, whether it's WoT or WoWS.  If that's the way they want to play, fine.  I'm glad I'm not on that server because it's a style of play I loathe, both in WoT and WoWS.  But if that's the style of play that you like, maybe you're on the wrong server!

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,074
[SALVO]
Members
20,040 posts
19,932 battles
2 hours ago, RipNuN2 said:

TBH you appear to have shot up the tiers too quickly and outstripped your skills. You have less than 1k battles and have primarily gone up the german BBs and this is reflected in your low average damage in those ships. I would suggest going back to a couple other ship lines and play them up to T7 and get more experience and then come back to the FDG with your better skills.

I didn't check out the OP's stats.  But if true, you're entirely right, Rip.  This is why I think that playing multiple lines is a good thing.  It slows your progress and gives you time to learn the game more.  Learn to play different types of ships, and different nations' ships, and so on.  Just get more experience under your belt before you push into the higher tiers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×