Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
CaptainJonasGrumby

Premium Shop Ships

22 comments in this topic

Members
5 posts
1,646 battles

Why do I need a mod to view all of the ships in this game and why aren't all premium ships sold all day every day. If they are going to have a premium shop then put the all the ships in it.

It probably has to do with free to play players but at some point they all realize that without paying players there is no game or no gaming in general. This game like all others is a business run by people just like you and me with families to feed. 

So put all the damn ships in the store so I can buy them. 

Oh and quit catering to those who contribute little or nothing aside forum traffic.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 2

[H-W-C]
Members
1,271 posts
3,605 battles
1 minute ago, CaptainJonasGrumby said:

Why do I need a mod to view all of the ships in this game and why aren't all premium ships sold all day every day. If they are going to have a premium shop then put the all the ships in it.

It probably has to do with free to play players but at some point they all realize that without paying players there is no game or no gaming in general. This game like all others is a business run by people just like you and me with families to feed. 

Oh and quit catering to those who contribute little or nothing aside forum traffic.

They rotate the ships to every once in a while Wargaming can go "Hey, this ship isn't going to be for sale in a bit and we're not telling you when we'll sell it again! Buy it now!". Apparently, it works.

Also...

Have you ever considered that the game will be more fun for both yourself and the people playing with you if you don't immediately jump into high tiers with no idea of what you're doing?

• Cool 1

[WG-CC]
WoWS Community Contributors
9,924 posts
8,379 battles
9 minutes ago, CaptainJonasGrumby said:

Why do I need a mod to view all of the ships in this game and why aren't all premium ships sold all day every day.

Because they sell more by rotating the ships through the shop and ensuring that the game doesn't over saturate with specific, over performing or over-popular ships.  The long-term available ships rotate through the shop every six months or so (we just had the overhaul in February, so the next is probably going to be August-September).  Throughout the year, older premium ships will rotate back into the store with between one and four appearing per month.  On top of this, new releases will appear for two to four week windows.  Finally, in December, it's been Wargaming's habit to make large numbers of premiums available.

• Cool 1

[DPG]
Members
1,302 posts
5,686 battles

Rotating the ships creates demand.  If you missed a ship you were really thinking of buying and you notice it's due to come back to the shop, the assumption is that you're more likely to pick it up.  Take Atlanta for example, if they bring back Narai, and that ship, it's a good chance I'm going to buy.

[NWNG]
Members
2,767 posts
4,643 battles
1 hour ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

Because they sell more by rotating the ships through the shop and ensuring that the game doesn't over saturate with specific, over performing or over-popular ships.  The long-term available ships rotate through the shop every six months or so (we just had the overhaul in February, so the next is probably going to be August-September).  Throughout the year, older premium ships will rotate back into the store with between one and four appearing per month.  On top of this, new releases will appear for two to four week windows.  Finally, in December, it's been Wargaming's habit to make large numbers of premiums available.

So... if I don't buy the Harekaze now, there is the posibility that I'll be able to buy her in the unknown future?

[SYN]
Members
4,921 posts
11,844 battles

Another thing to consider is that the mod that shows all Premium ships in the tech tree may show a boat that may not actually be available for sale, either in the game (thus not showing in the unmodded version) or in the premium shop.  You try to purchase it in-game, and then you run into problems.  A forum member recently ran into that exact issue.

• Funny 1

[WOLF5]
Beta Testers
381 posts
2,735 battles

And that is how i missed the Aigle: i'll buy it later, later later and oh its now the 24th and i missed it 

[WOLF8]
[WOLF8]
Members
4,450 posts
4,366 battles
2 hours ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

Does that mean I have to wait that long to have a chance at buying some ships that I missed? :Smile_ohmy:

I donno if I can hold out that long... lol. :Smile_teethhappy:

[TBW]
Members
7,380 posts
13,543 battles
2 hours ago, CaptainJonasGrumby said:

I made so me posts about putting your whole product on the shelf before. It seems that the Add Men, still think they can make something more valuable by making it scarce. They don't understand that the public has moved on from those practices. Apparently the rest of the world has to catch up to the US population on this subliminal advertising ploy. Russia is most likely behind the other European countries and are still bamboozled by the Add Men.

Edited by Sovereigndawg

[TBW]
Members
7,380 posts
13,543 battles
2 hours ago, Amenhir said:

Rotating the ships creates demand.  If you missed a ship you were really thinking of buying and you notice it's due to come back to the shop, the assumption is that you're more likely to pick it up.  Take Atlanta for example, if they bring back Narai, and that ship, it's a good chance I'm going to buy.

But you would have bought it sooner if it was there in the shop. Not only that but WG are paying some one to create this false advertising. The world is waking up to these practices and are no longer tricked by them.

Edited by Sovereigndawg

Beta Testers
1,227 posts
15,089 battles
10 hours ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

The voice of reason in a chaotic world...........

[BBP]
Members
341 posts
5,760 battles
8 hours ago, AzureTerra said:

And that is how i missed the Aigle: i'll buy it later, later later and oh its now the 24th and i missed it 

I take it you missed the Aigle campaign?  I won the Aigle and after playing it decided that Leningrad and Anshan are better if you want to go T7 or T6 premium DD.  

[WG-CC]
WoWS Community Contributors
9,924 posts
8,379 battles
9 hours ago, Blorgh2017 said:

Does that mean I have to wait that long to have a chance at buying some ships that I missed? :Smile_ohmy:

I donno if I can hold out that long... lol. :Smile_teethhappy:

It depends on the ships you missed and what ships they rotate through the shop.  They typically have less than 20 permanently available out of well over 100+ premium ships in the list, so there's no guarantee that the one you want will suddenly become a long-term fixture.  The best time of year to grab premiums has proven to be between Black Friday and New Years where the vast majority will be made ready in one form or another.  Keep an eye on the shops, though.  They do rotate through some ships on a temporary basis a few times per month -- often as a part of a related sales scheme for whatever is new.  For example, all of the French premiums had a place of prominence with the French battleships being released.  With the USN cruiser split, it's like Indianapolis and Atlanta will be made available for a brief period of time.

[PS1HQ]
Members
621 posts

thank you for your willingness to contribute to the long term success of the game by buying premiums.  WG likes to rotate the boats to keep them fresh, but if you're patient, eventually most of them come around again.  

Members
22,279 posts
5,775 battles
12 hours ago, Sovereigndawg said:

I made so me posts about putting your whole product on the shelf before. It seems that the Add Men, still think they can make something more valuable by making it scarce.

And they can. Just look at the Black Friday lineups for door crasher specials. Or people that line up to buy the newest iPhone from the first small shipment, when if they wait a month, they can just walk into the store and buy one from the big supply they now have.

Scarcity sells. It's just that the ad men have figured out it's more effective to make low prices on a product scarce, instead of the product itself.

[WOLF5]
Beta Testers
381 posts
2,735 battles
On 3/29/2018 at 12:44 AM, _MiDKnighTx_ said:

I take it you missed the Aigle campaign?  I won the Aigle and after playing it decided that Leningrad and Anshan are better if you want to go T7 or T6 premium DD.  

Yes, i was about half way through the missions when i lost my PC and then with the costs of getting it back i kept pushing back the buying of the ship and then i missed it

[WOLFB]
Beta Testers
1,456 posts
8,158 battles
On 3/28/2018 at 1:38 PM, CaptainJonasGrumby said:

LOL, you are fired. :Smile_facepalm: You did not use / mod not exist, you would not know they where there. Next thread PLZ. Move along now. kind sir :Smile_popcorn:

Sign in to follow this