You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Houselei

How to get high tier ships without grinding tech trees???

58 comments in this topic

[STW-N]
[STW-N]
Members
36 posts
12,130 battles

I recently had a game with a player and happened to check his/her stat... there are only total 503 games, but he/she has:

BB:  Conqueror and Lion, other are premium bbs but also including Missouri and Musashi

CA: Des Moines, Baltimore, Minotaur, Neptune, Roon, Phoenix, others are premium CAs

DD: all US DDs from Clemson to Gearing, total 177 games in DD.

Battles Fought 503

Victories / Battles 46.12%

AVERAGE EXPERIENCE PER BATTLE 1,382

Average Damage Caused per Battle 49,819

Kill / Death Ratio 0.88

How could this be achieved??

If we calculate all XP needed to research all those non-premium ships, it cannot be done within 503 games... so, HOW??

• Boring 2

[REVY]
Members
6,142 posts
5,158 battles

Stop stalking people.

Edited by Sventex
  • Cool 3
  • Funny 3

Beta Testers
347 posts
2,096 battles

Probably has premium ships and converted xp to free xp using doubloons.

And also probably got lucky with free xp in super containers.

[STW-N]
[STW-N]
Members
36 posts
12,130 battles
1 minute ago, grumpymunky said:

Co-op and scenarios?

11 co-op; 195 ranked. anyway, I would admire him/her if those XPs are from co-op... it should take about 3 or 4 times more battles than random I think...

[-K-]
Privateers, Members, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers, Supertester, WoWS Wiki Editor
5,851 posts
6,710 battles

There are a few press accounts floating around, this could be one of them.

• Cool 3

Members
239 posts
6,204 battles
6 minutes ago, Houselei said:

I recently had a game with a player and happened to check his/her stat... there are only total 503 games, but he/she has:

BB:  Conqueror and Lion, other are premium bbs but also including Missouri and Musashi

CA: Des Moines, Baltimore, Minotaur, Neptune, Roon, Phoenix, others are premium CAs

Battles Fought 503

Kill / Death Ratio 0.88

If we calculate all XP needed to research all those non-premium ships, it cannot be done within 503 games... so, HOW??

Find a ship you enjoy playing random battles with and that generates silver/ coins, then build up free XP and go up the line you want. It will cost you real life $$$, but doable. I spent many, many, many battles in the Colorado Class Battleship and the New Orleans Class Heavy cruiser to work my way thru those ship lines and generate free XP for other lines. Paying $$$ to upgrade to premium time, and/ or using a premium ship will help you greatly build regular XP and Free XP your way to Conqueror or Montana.

[STW-N]
[STW-N]
Members
36 posts
12,130 battles
2 minutes ago, HamptonRoads said:

Operations, and Clan Battles are not tracked.  

He/she is not in any clan currently, but assume he/she was in a clan. A winning battle in a clan battle gives about 2500 base XP, consider all add-on benefits that the real XP received triple that, so, 7500 xp in a winning clan battle. How many wins must be done to unlock all those non-premium ships, assume all XPs transfer to free XP by using doubloons.

[STW-N]
[STW-N]
Members
36 posts
12,130 battles
6 minutes ago, HamptonRoads said:

Operations, and Clan Battles are not tracked.  

and, there are no other ships. I listed all non-premium ships he/she ever owned. So, for example, he/she never had New Orleans or Pensacola or Cleveland, or even no Omaha... and out from nowhere, a Baltimore and a Des Moines

[-K-]
Privateers, Members, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers, Supertester, WoWS Wiki Editor
5,851 posts
6,710 battles
4 minutes ago, Houselei said:

He/she is not in any clan currently, but assume he/she was in a clan. A winning battle in a clan battle gives about 2500 base XP, consider all add-on benefits that the real XP received triple that, so, 7500 xp in a winning clan battle. How many wins must be done to unlock all those non-premium ships, assume all XPs transfer to free XP by using doubloons.

Spoiler

nNQZdo9.jpg

Stacking bonuses is fun.

Still thinking it may be a press account though.  the amount of XP generated is still infeasible IMO.  Can you PM me the account name, I want to look for myself.

[STW-N]
[STW-N]
Members
36 posts
12,130 battles
20 minutes ago, Ben_CA68 said:

Find a ship you enjoy playing random battles with and that generates silver/ coins, then build up free XP and go up the line you want. It will cost you real life $$$, but doable. I spent many, many, many battles in the Colorado Class Battleship and the New Orleans Class Heavy cruiser to work my way thru those ship lines and generate free XP for other lines. Paying $$$ to upgrade to premium time, and/ or using a premium ship will help you greatly build regular XP and Free XP your way to Conqueror or Montana.

correct, but mathematically cannot be done whatsoever within 500+ battles. Will not be possible even if consider unrevealed clan/scenario battle stats. The best XP ship in Random should be Missouri. Calculate how many XP can be obtained after 500 wins in Missouri? At best, I think it only allows to unlock one ship lane of one nation's one type of ship...

[TBW]
Members
7,435 posts
13,600 battles
40 minutes ago, Houselei said:

Battles Fought 503

Kill / Death Ratio 0.88

I think WG will reset all of your stats, once.

Members
1,621 posts
17,053 battles

The guy probably just changed his name?  I thought that broke the tracking?

[WOLF6]
Members
766 posts
4,872 battles

There's also accounts at the several naval ship museums around the country: USS Iowa, USS Lexington I know have accounts to allow public visitors the ability to  play world of warship in the kiosks without having to grind anything.   

[PVE]
[PVE]
Beta Testers
2,193 posts
5,726 battles
29 minutes ago, Houselei said:

and, there are no other ships. I listed all non-premium ships he/she ever owned. So, for example, he/she never had New Orleans or Pensacola or Cleveland, or even no Omaha... and out from nowhere, a Baltimore and a Des Moines

Just because they don't show up in the profile, doesn't mean that the player does not own those ships.

I've grinded through the King George V, Schors, and the Colorado, but they don't show up on my profile because I've solely played operations with those ships and the game does not record your operation battles.

So all that player has to do was to purchase any of the tier 6 and tier 7 premium ships and purely play operations, gaining enough xp and free xp to get all of the following ships that are visible on the profile. Who knows how many tier 6 and 7 ships that player owns if they are solely played in operations.

[REVY]
Members
6,142 posts
5,158 battles
11 minutes ago, NeutralState said:

sounds interesting, share!

The OP noticed someone in-game, decided to then laboriously examine their profile, stats and preferences, and then preformed calculations.  After all that, he then posts it all on a public forum because it makes no sense to him.  Creepy.

Edited by Sventex

[NEUTR]
Members
2,207 posts
7,621 battles
1 minute ago, Sventex said:

The OP noticed someone in-game, decided to then laboriously examining their profile, stats and preferences, and then preformed calculations.  After all that, he then posts it all on a public forum because it makes no sense to him.  Creepy.

OOOOOOOH! thought he was talking about himself and asking for advice on how to get a high tier ship.

Members
5,579 posts
3,952 battles
43 minutes ago, Sventex said:

The OP noticed someone in-game, decided to then laboriously examine their profile, stats and preferences, and then preformed calculations.  After all that, he then posts it all on a public forum because it makes no sense to him.  Creepy.

I'm sure he only looked that deeply into it because of how peculiar the account was.

[HATE]
[HATE]
Members
121 posts
11,483 battles

There is a possibility for this! I have not seen it possible but world of warships shares free xp with world of warplanes. Being so, it's possible to get enough free xp in one game and free xp to a tier 10 and pay in the premium shop for credits to buy one. Expensive, but would give you a tier 10 ship without playing a single match.

[-K-]
5,851 posts
6,710 battles
10 minutes ago, Thunder_GP said:

There is a possibility for this! I have not seen it possible but world of warships shares free xp with world of warplanes. Being so, it's possible to get enough free xp in one game and free xp to a tier 10 and pay in the premium shop for credits to buy one. Expensive, but would give you a tier 10 ship without playing a single match.

No it doesn't.  Only WoT and WoWP share free xp and gold.  ships is completely separate.  As for the account, only explanation I have is operation farming since we don't have the stats on that.  It doesn't look like a press account to me, but who knows.

Members
559 posts
2,643 battles

Lion and conqueror are the same tree. He grinded the British battleships. Missouri and Musashi you get by playing with premium ships and converting to free xp with $$. I thought about getting the Missouri that way, but it was discontinued about a month after I installed the game, and I didn't want to drop any money yet.  Maybe he's good at the game and gets more xp per battle. Probably, he spent more $$ for bonus xp camo/flags. Or bought the permanent camos for his ships. If you throw $$ at the game, you can skip the grind fast.