You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
JakePostonJake1

US Premium Battleship Request for 2018

42 comments in this topic

[CANUK]
Members
16 posts
4,613 battles

Hello to the World of Warships Community NA. I just like you,I love World of Warships and with the year of 2018 here I like to share an Idea of new Premium Battleships for the US Tech Tree I wish was available to us. The Warships I wish to try and request are the U.s.s. Oklahoma BB-37 At Tier V,U.s.s. Tennessee BB-43 At Tier VI or VII,and The U.s.s. West Virginia being at Tier VII into the game. I think it would give a better selection to people in World of Warships and also give people a nice Warship to play with. Also these ships hold historical value with all being at Pearl when the attack happen.So far for Play styles the West Virginia could be a Improved or same as an Colorado Class ship,The Oklahoma play like a better New York due to it being the First stander Battleship of the US,With the Tennessee that one could have alot of room for good development and a great play through of the Battleships.Depending if Wargaming does make theses requests into the game.Ik some people would say "We already have good Premium ships for the USA line" but I can see it some what happening should Wargaming agree.Any way its just an Idea of mine but let me hear your thoughts on this subject.

Image result for uss oklahoma

^^^ U.s.s. Oklahoma.^^^

Image result for uss tennessee

^^^U.s.s. Tennessee.^^^

Image result for uss west virginia

^^^U.s.s. West Virginia.^^^

Please note if you do see any incorrect grammar,It is not that I can't spell or I don't understand English<I am from the South Of America. XD> Its just I don't pay attention.  

Edited by JakePostonJake1
  • Cool 3

Members
300 posts
6,458 battles

The battleship USS Oklahoma (BB-37) would need to be Tier VI premium battleship. As the Oklahoma, A Nevada class Battleship is nearly equal to USS Arizona (BB-39) which is already in game at Tier VI. USS West Virginia (Circa 1920) was previously in-game as the old Hull A Colorado Class Battleship, however Wargaming removed it (and the Devs should bring it back).

• Cool 1

[HINON]
Members
11,194 posts

I would like to see them in game eventually but we have a lot of usn premium bbs at the moment and I would prefer some other nations have more premium options to flesh out their trees.

• Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
21,693 posts
21,998 battles

I'd rather wait and get a second USN BB tech tree line.

If the USN is going to get a premium BB, I'd rather it was the Lexington class battlecruiser (probably suggest using the name "Saratoga" since that was the second named ship in the class), at tier 7 as a "BB type" ship.  It's be a good fit there along side the other premium BBs at that tier.

Edited by Crucis

[RLGN]
Members
11,223 posts
20,252 battles
1 hour ago, RipNuN2 said:

I would like to see them in game eventually but we have a lot of usn premium bbs at the moment and I would prefer some other nations have more premium options to flesh out their trees.

Pan Med, Pan Baltic, Pan South America...

[SNIPR]
Beta Testers
33 posts
13,762 battles

Image result for uss tennessee

If Tennessee is put in game I would like too see her in this fashion. The 1943 modernization. 

• Cool 4

[UN1]
Members
641 posts
2,327 battles

Personally, I'd rather see the USS South Dakota 1920 as a Tier 8 premium ship. 

+It would provide an alternative playstyle to the US fast battleships at higher tiers.

+It's 4x3 16"/50 (Mark 2) and 16x1 6"/53 would be hilariously fun to play.  Balanced by the fact that it's not firing the 2700lb super heavy AP rounds like the Montana, but the 2100lb AP rounds that the Colorado fires.

+Excellent armor, very good TDS.  Tried and true US Standard survivability qualities.

+Slightly faster than the Colorado (23 vs 21 knots); same tight turning radius.

-Would probably not be as AA heavy as US fast battleships at similar tier.

-Would still be slow as molasses compared to everything else at that tier.

[BNC]
Members
23 posts
7,402 battles

I'd much rather have Nevada over the Oklahoma just because of that post Pearl refit. Though this refit alone would put it squarely in T6 due to the AA, which is currently Texas's gimmick at T5

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
24 posts
1,869 battles

Personally I’d like to see the Pennsylvania Class, we already have a premium version of it with the Arizona, maybe with a US BB split

• Cool 1

[CANUK]
Members
16 posts
4,613 battles
15 hours ago, USMCShinigami said:

Personally I’d like to see the Pennsylvania Class, we already have a premium version of it with the Arizona, maybe with a US BB split

Yes,Now that I think about it.Anther BB Split wouldn't be a bad idea,Still There would be no Tier 9 or 10 because Wargaming only really uses the First ships of Its Class on its Tech Tree.So it would be like,
III-Delaware
IV-Florida
V-Nevada 
VI-Pennsylvania
VII-Tennessee
VII-South Dakota

Still Only time can tell if they would do that but now I think anther Tech Tree split for the USA would be nice.
-The Pic is the US Line of BBs

j25q9Hp.jpg

• Cool 2

[-GPS-]
Members
110 posts
5,959 battles
On ‎4‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 8:14 AM, JakePostonJake1 said:

Yes,Now that I think about it.Anther BB Split wouldn't be a bad idea,Still There would be no Tier 9 or 10 because Wargaming only really uses the First ships of Its Class on its Tech Tree.So it would be like,
III-Delaware
IV-Florida
V-Nevada 
VI-Pennsylvania
VII-Tennessee
VII-South Dakota

Still Only time can tell if they would do that but now I think anther Tech Tree split for the USA would be nice.
-The Pic is the US Line of BBs

j25q9Hp.jpg

They could change their naming system a touch with the 2 different So Dak classes and make the T9 So Dak a little buffed.

• Cool 1

[SOSL]
Members
147 posts
6,430 battles

My proposal would be for either a second tech tree to cover all the battleship classes, or failing that (since a second tree wouldn't be very different gameplay-wise), a line of premiums that represents almost all of them.

My ideal tech tree is basically the same as JakePoston's, so I won't repeat it.

Going the premium route:

Tier IV: USS Utah, a Florida-class lost at Pearl Harbor in its training ship configuration. Unique gun arrangement, with an odd mix of superfiring and opposite-facing centerline turrets.

Tier V: USS Oklahoma, sunk at Pearl Harbor and lost at sea during recovery. Again, a unique gun configuration, akin to the Pensacola's superfiring dual-over-triple turret.

Tier VII: USS Tennessee (1943). Same number/caliber of guns as New Mexico at +1 tier, but with a disgustingly strong AA fit, and a unique South Dakota-style superstructure on a Standard battleship hull.

With Arizona repping the Pennsylvania-class and Alabama/Massachusetts the SoDak, that would represent every US battleship class except the Delaware. Which... let's be honest. Nobody cares about the Delaware. :P

Edited by Formerly_Wu
  • Cool 3

Members
122 posts
9,044 battles

They could have a double-wide tech tree. So there would be two ships at each Tier. Each ship at each tier, would allow you to use your XP to get either of the ships at the next tier. (Or you could train for both, if you like collecting ships.)

To start, the St Louis would have two modules for the S. Carolina and a different Tier 3 BB. While driving the St. Louis, you could use your XP to get one, or the other, or both.

Then, those two BBs would have modules to get you into the Wyoming and/or some other Tier 4 BB, and so on up the line.

At Tier 9 there would be the Iowa and New Jersey as base ship. Both ships allow you to train up to the Montana and/or the Idaho.

It would allow, in total, 16 different US BBs. Plus the current premium BBs. A "Veritable Cornucopia."

Being from Wisconsin, where's the love for BB-64? Put her in the game as the next Tier 9 premium, make her identical to Missouri.

[FISH-]
Members
2 posts
784 battles

The Oklahoma would be a good tier 5 ships because it has the same number of 10 14inch guns and is a knot slower than the Arizona and has similar secondary's to the Arizona I have the Arizona and love it the Tennessee would be a great tier 6 in her 1943 refit with decent AA and better everything really the West Virginia would be an amazing tier 7 if she was in her top 1945 config which had a but load of AA guns and the modernized main mast and superstructure like all the other US battleships tier 8+ but they will still all be slower US Dreadnaughts at 21 knots (20 for the Oklahoma) I live in Kansas and would rather see the Oklahoma in game it was sunk at Pearl Harbor and would be another pre war setup US battleship with the two tripod masts and horrible AA but decent albeit short ranged secondary's and it would be cool if you could mount the state flags on the stern of your prem US Battleships like they actually where 

e17a38e66813fa8849e0b13a7a9f8ceb.jpg

h77076.jpg

USS_Tennessee_(BB43)_1943.jpg

Edited by Hoffy22

Members
22 posts
1,746 battles

I would buy the USS New Jersey as soon as it became available.  I realize unlikely because they not only have Iowa as the "regular" Tier IX but the Missouri as a premium Tier IX and it has radar.

The USS New Jersey is actually one of -- if not THE most , depending on how you evaluate the awards -- the most decorated warship in US Naval history.  It fought in 4 conflicts and missed a 5th by a matter of months.  And was always considered the "best" of the four Iowas (probably because it served as a flagship for Halsey and Spruance (Spruance preferred the Indianapolis but used the NJ often)   

If the Missouri didn't have radar, I'd say make the NJ a Tier IX premium purchasable-ship but with radar.  But maybe it would be possible to give the NJ the premium AA and maybe even hydroacoustic sensors ... perhaps a special camouflage.

Anyway, my #1 "want" would be the USS NJ BB-62.

Alaska-class heavy cruiser would be cool too. 

[FISH-]
Members
2 posts
784 battles

Id love to see the USS Wisconsin BB-64 as a tier 9 free xp prem but instead of radar it could be able to use both catapults simultaneously so you could have a fighter and spotter at the same time and the Wisconsin is similar to the Missouri as they both have thicker forward bulkheads as compared to the Iowa and New Jersey but I do agree with the above post in that the New Jersey would be a great ship to have but I think it would be cool if it was tier 8 and just nerfed a little but still it would be pretty awesome to have an Iowa class ship at tier 8 and you could do the same two catapults on the NJ or even put radar on it at tier 8 and then the USS Alaska would just be fun to play it really was more like a battlecruiser in my opinion but it could have a lot of different options for consumables and would be good at tier 8 but any of the other two Iowa's being put in the game would be awesome all four ships are still around today and are some of the best BB's ever built 

[KNTAI]
[KNTAI]
Members
1,390 posts
6,637 battles
On 3/27/2018 at 9:42 PM, Crucis said:

I'd rather wait and get a second USN BB tech tree line.

If the USN is going to get a premium BB, I'd rather it was the Lexington class battlecruiser (probably suggest using the name "Saratoga" since that was the second named ship in the class), at tier 7 as a "BB type" ship.  It's be a good fit there along side the other premium BBs at that tier.

I'm more partial to "Constellation" (CC-2), as Saratoga is the actual ship that represents the Lexington class CV in-game.

Members
2,188 posts
5,007 battles

Tier V: Nevada Premium-Oklahoma   Oklahoma was lost at Pearl Harbor along with Arizona, could make a good Memorial Day or Veteran's Day  release.

Tier VI: Pennsylvania  Pennsylvania will receive upgrades including the rebuild and AA upgrades Arizona never received due to being sunk.

Tier VII: Tennessee  Premium-West Virginia   Tennessee with 14" guns will get 1.8 or 1.9 sigma compared to New Mexico's 1.5, better HE, slightly more range, it will be more durable than New Mexico, and the 14" guns will be able to overmatch. West Virginia as a Colorado class will have the 5"/38, it will be more durable as well, it will have the superstructure resembling that of the North Carolina class.

Tier VIII: South Dakota  Premium-Washington  Washington is noted for dumping point blank salvos into Kirishima at Guadalcanal.

Tier IX: Branches back into Iowa    Premium-New Jersey  Wisconsin    New Jersey's the most decorated US BB as a result of all the conflicts it has served in.

Tier IV Premium: Florida

• Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
21,693 posts
21,998 battles
1 hour ago, Zionas said:

Tier V: Nevada Premium-Oklahoma   Oklahoma was lost at Pearl Harbor along with Arizona, could make a good Memorial Day or Veteran's Day  release.

Tier VI: Pennsylvania  Pennsylvania will receive upgrades including the rebuild and AA upgrades Arizona never received due to being sunk.

Tier VII: Tennessee  Premium-West Virginia   Tennessee with 14" guns will get 1.8 or 1.9 sigma compared to New Mexico's 1.5, better HE, slightly more range, it will be more durable than New Mexico, and the 14" guns will be able to overmatch. West Virginia as a Colorado class will have the 5"/38, it will be more durable as well, it will have the superstructure resembling that of the North Carolina class.

Tier VIII: South Dakota  Premium-Washington  Washington is noted for dumping point blank salvos into Kirishima at Guadalcanal.

Tier IX: Branches back into Iowa    Premium-New Jersey  Wisconsin    New Jersey's the most decorated US BB as a result of all the conflicts it has served in.

Tier IV Premium: Florida

Just no across the board.  Save the unused classes for a second USN BB line if and when that might come out.  As for other Iowas or the Washington, I'm really tired of seeing multiple copies of already existing ships, and certainly there's no need for a  second premium Iowa.  hell, I don't think that there's any need for the Massachusetts either.

As for tier 4, just make a non-Beta version of the Arkansas and call it a day.  Save the Florida class for a second USN BB line.

Members
22 posts
1,746 battles

I think Hoffy22 hit the nail on the head for a premium premium NJ/Wisconsin ... have it launch spotting aircraft & catapult fighter at the same time.  Also of course radar would be awesome.  My only problem with being a nerfed Tier VII is then Iowa & Missouri get to beat up NJ & Wisconsin , wrong lol.

[CANUK]
Members
16 posts
4,613 battles
On 5/10/2018 at 10:10 AM, ScrapmasterFlex said:

I think Hoffy22 hit the nail on the head for a premium premium NJ/Wisconsin ... have it launch spotting aircraft & catapult fighter at the same time.  Also of course radar would be awesome.  My only problem with being a nerfed Tier VII is then Iowa & Missouri get to beat up NJ & Wisconsin , wrong lol.

I would like to see U.s.s. Wisconsin because I have been on her decks and below decks before in real life so this Opinion is more Bias than a good idea for WoWS,Still I could see the New Jersey being more possible in game because of her service history in the U.S.N. Din't she have like 19 battle-stars or something?  

Edited by JakePostonJake1