You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Zarenno

How is this stat determined?

17 comments in this topic

[DOMN8]
Members
151 posts
7,872 battles

Pictured Below:

I just noticed that when you look at ship stats in-game it shows your contribution to capture and defense in battle (it doesn't show on any stat website I know of). I am curious whether it is determined by averaging out the the capping and defense points you get, or if you actually are taking caps and it is averaging those per battle. In the end of battle 'details' screen (Picture 2) it shows capture points and defense points; is this where it gets the data for the contribution stats?  

World of Warships Screenshot 2018.03.27 - 20.45.57.41.png

World of Warships Screenshot 2018.03.03 - 10.52.16.01.png

[SALVO]
Members
20,040 posts
19,932 battles

Not sure about contribution to cap defense, but base captures is easy.  If it takes 100 points to cap a base, how many points out of the 100 did your ship grab when the base was capped?  Obviously, all 100 in a solo cap.  In an assist, it'll be something above 0 and less than 100.

[POP]
Members
1,274 posts
8,730 battles

Defense is earning that green striped "Defender" award. You do it by doing damage to an enemy ship while it is capturing a cap point. 

I'm not sure about the first image. 

[HEROS]
Members
1,567 posts
13,487 battles

i'm not sure but I think you get some XP benefit for contesting a a cap also beside denial of points to the other team while your in it (even if it being actively reset by folk tapping you for defense ribbons and resets) .  Several element of ones score don't seem to be to well explained..I kinda hope there is.. might encourage BB players to press the caps a bit harder if it became known.  

Scoring is somewhat of a mystery at times..

[VIP-2]
Members
814 posts
2,914 battles
3 hours ago, Crucis said:

Not sure about contribution to cap defense, but base captures is easy.  If it takes 100 points to cap a base, how many points out of the 100 did your ship grab when the base was capped?  Obviously, all 100 in a solo cap.  In an assist, it'll be something above 0 and less than 100.

This only counts if the cap completes...you get nothing if you spend 10 mins in the cap and it goes red before green. Cap points are shared by all ships in cap during capping, each given an amount based on time inside. Unless im mistaken most of the caps are 60 points total.

Defended ribbons are very small amount, i think it is 1pt per hit resetting, but you also get points for shooting reds in a cap that is unassigned. (ie its not red yet,but can be turning red)

[SALVO]
Members
20,040 posts
19,932 battles
3 minutes ago, c3shooter said:

This only counts if the cap completes...you get nothing if you spend 10 mins in the cap and it goes red before green. Cap points are shared by all ships in cap during capping, each given an amount based on time inside. Unless im mistaken most of the caps are 60 points total.

Defended ribbons are very small amount, i think it is 1pt per hit resetting, but you also get points for shooting reds in a cap that is unassigned. (ie its not red yet,but can be turning red)

Oh of course, c3.  If you fail to cap, you get nothing.  Honestly, it gets annoying sometimes when you get larger ships trying to cap who don't get that if you want to actually complete the capture, you might need to go guns silent and get concealed.

[NEUTR]
Members
2,207 posts
7,594 battles
3 hours ago, Zarenno said:

Pictured Below:

I just noticed that when you look at ship stats in-game it shows your contribution to capture and defense in battle (it doesn't show on any stat website I know of). I am curious whether it is determined by averaging out the the capping and defense points you get, or if you actually are taking caps and it is averaging those per battle. In the end of battle 'details' screen (Picture 2) it shows capture points and defense points; is this where it gets the data for the contribution stats?  

World of Warships Screenshot 2018.03.27 - 20.45.57.41.png

World of Warships Screenshot 2018.03.03 - 10.52.16.01.png

Can  you share your pansacola experience. What in the heck 1600 games?

[SALVO]
Members
20,040 posts
19,932 battles

There really ought to be a ribbon or whatever that earns XP for "interdicting" an enemy cap.  What I mean by this is, say that you get onto an enemy controlled cap.  For the period of time that you're on said cap, you are stopping the enemy from gaining points from that cap.  You are "interdicting" it.  Sometimes, in close battles, you don't even need to actually capture the base (regardless of the battle mode).  Just stopping the enemy from gaining victory points from the base for a few ticks can be the difference between winning and losing.

I'd probably suggest that the value of the interdiction be based on how many victory points the enemy would have earned had you not been on the base.  If you were on the base long enough to stop the enemy from gaining, say, 24 victory points, then you'd get those 24 points for yourself and your XP for cap interdiction would be based on how many points you'd stopped the enemy from gaining.

Alternatively, you could get a "base interdicted" ribbon every "tick" the base should have earned the enemy victory points, like every 3-4 seconds, I think.

[VIP-2]
Members
814 posts
2,914 battles

The first picture shows the percent of time you played, how much of thise capture points you have earned. Likewise how many defense points scored you earned. 

For example i have 10% capture, 8%defense. I have participated in the capture of 178 caps from my 1786 battles. Same for defense. I hit the enemy 8% of time that my team has hit someone stealing a cap.

[VIP-2]
Members
814 posts
2,914 battles

I have been able to retro with varying results the cap points to see that they equal 200-300 xp points. Dont remember exactly off hand what the number is though.

Tough to say exactly why.

I know i have gotten over 200xp for a cap. Because I have not spotted anyone and capped,  and then died. I have other data points as well, but it seems caps are worth different xp at either: tiers, how many cap points were distributed, how many caps there are. Or capping might be potentiated by other actions, how large it is, what battle mode it is, etc.

This is very difficult to reverse engineer, because it is very difficult to cap without doing anything else. Although i do have a huge spreadsheet filled with data to do this, i have to go back and sort out which numbers are from what server. Just in case that changes it.

[VIP-2]
Members
814 posts
2,914 battles
13 minutes ago, Crucis said:

There really ought to be a ribbon or whatever that earns XP for "interdicting" an enemy cap.  What I mean by this is, say that you get onto an enemy controlled cap.  For the period of time that you're on said cap, you are stopping the enemy from gaining points from that cap.  You are "interdicting" it.  Sometimes, in close battles, you don't even need to actually capture the base (regardless of the battle mode).  Just stopping the enemy from gaining victory points from the base for a few ticks can be the difference between winning and losing.

I'd probably suggest that the value of the interdiction be based on how many victory points the enemy would have earned had you not been on the base.  If you were on the base long enough to stop the enemy from gaining, say, 24 victory points, then you'd get those 24 points for yourself and your XP for cap interdiction would be based on how many points you'd stopped the enemy from gaining.

Alternatively, you could get a "base interdicted" ribbon every "tick" the base should have earned the enemy victory points, like every 3-4 seconds, I think.

I believe there may be a mechanism for this, as far as xp is concerned.

One day the dev gods might choose to share the true numbers and formula, because many dont understand the value of capping.

And to clarify with @Crucis from above, i was quoting you solely to point out a potential missunderstanding for anyone reading. I knew you had knowledge of this.

Members
559 posts
2,601 battles
3 hours ago, TL_Warlord_Roff said:

i'm not sure but I think you get some XP benefit for contesting a a cap also beside denial of points to the other team while your in it (even if it being actively reset by folk tapping you for defense ribbons and resets) .  Several element of ones score don't seem to be to well explained..I kinda hope there is.. might encourage BB players to press the caps a bit harder if it became known.  

Scoring is somewhat of a mystery at times..

Press caps harder? Do I get more xp and credits?

[DOMN8]
Members
151 posts
7,872 battles
8 hours ago, NeutralState said:

Can  you share your pansacola experience. What in the heck 1600 games?

9 hours ago, grumpymunky said:

Untitled.jpg.73d98cd9232385e25c9e9c0a0dd90b14.jpg:Smile_ohmy:

I love the ship, and if you know me; I run full secondary build with over 150+ kills with the AI guns alone ;) It is just the most satisfying thing to brawl someone with the floating citadel and win. I can go on and on about this ship, but I will leave you with just this snipit for sake of being off-topic.  

Also: Based on answers I am getting on cap percentage, it looks like the clearest one is that of - - - 

8 hours ago, c3shooter said:

The first picture shows the percent of time you played, how much of thise capture points you have earned. Likewise how many defense points scored you earned. 

For example i have 10% capture, 8%defense. I have participated in the capture of 178 caps from my 1786 battles. Same for defense. I hit the enemy 8% of time that my team has hit someone stealing a cap.

Beta Testers
1,229 posts
15,123 battles

Many people fail to understand that points are earned for just about everything, not just damage. We earn points for defending caps, taking damage, taking damage in caps, causing damage, causing spotting damage, capping...in general just being actively involved in the game. This is why there is a belief that credits can't be earned in higher tiers, too many of us ....because of the longer ranges......will sit back and snipe, getting the odd hit but not actively being a force in the game, then wonder why they cannot earn in high tiers.

This type of play just doesn't pay off.

[NGAGE]
Supertester
2,088 posts
11,598 battles
1 hour ago, Zarenno said:

Also: Based on answers I am getting on cap percentage, it looks like the clearest one is that of - - - 

Short answer:

It was on stat sites way back when, but WG screwed with the API, and removed it entirely for awhile.   They brought it back but not without the data prior to that point, so in effect it is useless to the stat sites as for anyone around pre return the data is and will always be faulty.  

As to the stat you see on your personal profile page.  That is percentage of total capture points and defense points that your teams have earned which you were personally responsible for.   So 180/180 means you earned 100% of the points for your team that match.  If that was your only game played your number would be 100% there.  If the next match your team earns 180 points but you earned 0, then your number would be 180/360 and your profile stat would display 50%.  

It is not a measure of games where you capped as was suggested earlier in this thread.  You can see this if you take a new account (so it is easier to see rapid swings in the stat) and play with an eye on this stat.  Play a game that is standard mode, and where neither team caps or defends, and your percentages don't change at all.  But if someone tries to and is reset but not by you, your defense stat will drop (as you have a lower total proportion of defense numbers now).   

[VIP-2]
Members
814 posts
2,914 battles
4 hours ago, SyndicatedINC said:

Short answer:

It was on stat sites way back when, but WG screwed with the API, and removed it entirely for awhile.   They brought it back but not without the data prior to that point, so in effect it is useless to the stat sites as for anyone around pre return the data is and will always be faulty.  

As to the stat you see on your personal profile page.  That is percentage of total capture points and defense points that your teams have earned which you were personally responsible for.   So 180/180 means you earned 100% of the points for your team that match.  If that was your only game played your number would be 100% there.  If the next match your team earns 180 points but you earned 0, then your number would be 180/360 and your profile stat would display 50%.  

It is not a measure of games where you capped as was suggested earlier in this thread.  You can see this if you take a new account (so it is easier to see rapid swings in the stat) and play with an eye on this stat.  Play a game that is standard mode, and where neither team caps or defends, and your percentages don't change at all.  But if someone tries to and is reset but not by you, your defense stat will drop (as you have a lower total proportion of defense numbers now).   

This is correct, i did not state myself properly. The 10% refers not to the cap itself , but 10% of all capping points earned by my team. I was trying to say equivelent caps, since points are only generated when a cap is achieved.

Interesting part of history there i thank you for. My stats are all post the sharing point.

• Cool 1