You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Deoel

Stand alone Training Room

15 comments in this topic

[KNCOL]
Members
23 posts
19,195 battles

Why can't there be a pure offline training room where one could just take on Bots without being online? My son, who is a competitive fighting game contestant, uses a practice mode to perfect his skills. The training room should have a full bot that can be easy or insane with all levels in between. I can't see why Wargaming can't give us that option. I think the skill level of players would greatly improve. And while at it, if a player has a premier ship, he should be able to use it in the training room. This would solve the problem of the lack of online training rooms on the servers.

[LEGIO]
Members
3,252 posts
6,015 battles

Training mode used to have bots that actually fought before they went and broke it in order to give everybody access to it.

[KNTAI]
[KNTAI]
Members
1,368 posts
6,558 battles

Can it be fixed with the Training Room mod, or was that also børked?

[WOLF7]
Members
11,420 posts
44 minutes ago, Cruiser_SanJuan said:

Can it be fixed with the Training Room mod, or was that also børked?

There is no "Mod" anymore..the broken useless training room is all you get....:Smile_teethhappy:

[WOLF7]
Members
11,420 posts
25 minutes ago, Cruiser_SanJuan said:

Not even in Aslain's Mod pack?

Nope, they replaced the code...All Aslains did was enable the training room....they simply butchered it, then enabled it...:Smile_amazed:

[KNTAI]
[KNTAI]
Members
1,368 posts
6,558 battles
14 hours ago, awiggin said:

Nope, they replaced the code...All Aslains did was enable the training room....they simply butchered it, then enabled it...:Smile_amazed:

:Smile-angry::fish_palm:

[WHS]
[WHS]
Members
280 posts
9,155 battles

Since wows is primarily a server-side application, you'd have to run your own local server and for that you'd need a lot of extra code in your game directory I doubt they would be willing to provide

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
4,055 posts
14,116 battles

WoWS doesn't have frame-specific timings to drill into muscle memory, and shooting bots is a terrible way to learn to predict human player actions (they're nothing alike). Practicing hitting vulnerable spots on certain ships with certain weapons is better done on stationary targets.

Basically, there's no reason for a 1v1 training room with a live bot in this game. Practice on players instead. Duel a friend in TR if you must have 1v1, but WoWS is not really based around 1v1.

[WOLF7]
Members
11,420 posts
Just now, Edgecase said:

WoWS doesn't have frame-specific timings to drill into muscle memory, and shooting bots is a terrible way to learn to predict human player actions (they're nothing alike). Practicing hitting vulnerable spots on certain ships with certain weapons is better done on stationary targets.

Basically, there's no reason for a 1v1 training room with a live bot in this game. Practice on players instead. Duel a friend in TR if you must have 1v1, but WoWS is not really based around 1v1.

:Smile_facepalm:

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

in a nutshell WG wants you in game playing on the Server they have built for you playing the game they want you to play.

[SOUS]
Members
50 posts
2,888 battles
23 minutes ago, Edgecase said:

I was looking at the original training room to begin learning CVs without burdening other players with my beginner mistakes.  My plan was to start with a few stationary bots to learn the controls and then move up to running/gunning bots of varying numbers to get a comfort level before moving into coop and randoms.  Sadly that is no longer possible.

Members
4,094 posts
15,015 battles
On ‎3‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 6:52 PM, Lampshade_M1A2 said:

Training mode used to have bots that actually fought before they went and broke it in order to give everybody access to it.

This is a example of why I get concerned whenever WG talks about "fixing" something.

Just now, KidDiscordia said:

I was looking at the original training room to begin learning CVs without burdening other players with my beginner mistakes.  My plan was to start with a few stationary bots to learn the controls and then move up to running/gunning bots of varying numbers to get a comfort level before moving into coop and randoms.  Sadly that is no longer possible.

Yeah, we cant train in the training room.

[WOLF9]
Members
8,830 posts
4,180 battles

I believe that WG's thinking on this is that the full-function Training Room we already have.  It's called Co-op mode.

Yeah, I miss the old TRs too.

[HE]
Members
520 posts
8,960 battles
4 hours ago, Edgecase said:

You can test your AA in live training room