Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
AdmiralThunder

Time to Chapayev

7 comments in this topic

[PVE]
Members
8,138 posts
14,229 battles

So Shchors is done and it is now on to the Chapayev. Seems to basically be a little tougher and slower Shchors. Ship is still stock and boy is that rudder shift coupled with that BB like turning radius a lot of "fun". :Smile_amazed: Will be glad to get to the B Hull for better maneuverability. Transferred my Shchors Capt ( basic stuff like AR and IFHE) and set the ship up with ASM1, SGM2, and CSM1.

Staying in the back, using islands, spamming HE, and of course lots of WASD! Think I have finally got the Russian CL play down.

Question? When you get the B Hull do you lose the Spotter completely for the Radar or can you pick which you want? 

DFgrOEh.jpg

1st Game...

yHHFPvP.jpg

EJaa8Z8.jpg

5kr9NDA.jpg

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Cool 1

Members
1,120 posts
95 battles

I did really well in my Schors, but Chappy, I can't get my head around her. Just don't have any luck. When she's top tier, things are good, but when she's up-tiered things get very tough.

[PVE]
Members
8,138 posts
14,229 battles
2 minutes ago, geser98 said:

I did really well in my Schors, but Chappy, I can't get my head around her. Just don't have any luck. When she's top tier, things are good, but when she's up-tiered things get very tough.

Yeah I got lucky in the game above being top tier. I play a lot of high tier BB's and I know what a juicy target the ship is. :Smile_hiding:

[O_O]
Members
5,003 posts
11,226 battles
46 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Question? When you get the B Hull do you lose the Spotter completely for the Radar or can you pick which you want?

You lose it for radar.

I am almost done with Chapayev, and once upgraded I found her to be a very comfortable, fire-spamming cruiser.  Getting close enough to use your radar requires you to have a smoke-sharing destroyer or an island, or you risk being deleted by battleships.

Chapayev has not been a grueling grind at all, for me.  If bottom tier you have to be a hard target (you are a cruiser, after all), but I didn't find it hard to compete when bottom tier.

Edited by desmo_2

[TSG4B]
[TSG4B]
Members
2,192 posts
11,681 battles
45 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Radar replaced Spotter plane with B hull.

The radar range is 11.7km

If in random game, once obtain B hull, game style will switch to dd hunting role/supporting/fire spaming/ mopping up at end of game.

Or, if you choses to, you can also become a dd yourself. One of the game I had in my Chappy, Land of Fire, on the A cap, I went through cap not firing, and then evasive driving, almost hitting the edge and then back, and absolute radio silence to catch the Kaga off guard, it was fun

[INTEL]
Members
7,063 posts
28,893 battles

Chapayev is a great ship. Powerful, but as squishy as all other cruisers so you have to protect it.

Turning is not good, radar is excellent. Guns are awesome.

I sold Schors and kept Chappy.

Sign in to follow this