You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
KilljoyCutter

New Sounds -- Please Make Them Optional

8 comments in this topic

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
4,783 posts

PLEASE make the new "reload ring" and "shell passing by" sounds optional.

Listening to the random dinging and flies buzzing on the latest PTS was terrible. 

Edited by KilljoyCutter
  • Cool 1
  • Boring 2

[SOUP]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,279 posts

I quite liked them. Gives some variation and the bell can be handy for people who don't pay attention to their UI.
Once I find the bell in the game files I'll be changing it on my end to a buzzer to better fit the 1950s design of my Republique flagship.

[EDIT]: Besides... if they cave in and make this optional, then everyone would want everything to be optional and then there wouldn't be any point in developing new content if people are just going to cry about changes.
That reminds me, I should go see if that certain user has made a comment on the 0.7.3 changelog yet, it's always so entertaining to watch him cry about every tiny thing

• Funny 1
  • Bad 2

[O_O]
Members
803 posts
5,231 battles

I... could have sworn there was a way to modify sound files for different events and the like.  Something like changing the "Hey you just hit someone's citadel!" sound to a Yuro-style duck quack.  I'll have to go back and search for Notser's semi-successful-mostly-not video from back then.  It would be pretty easy to produce a reduced volume version or just replace it wholesale.

-R

[SOUP]
8,279 posts
1 minute ago, Mister_Rawr said:

I... could have sworn there was a way to modify sound files for different events and the like.  Something like changing the "Hey you just hit someone's citadel!" sound to a Yuro-style duck quack.  I'll have to go back and search for Notser's semi-successful-mostly-not video from back then.  It would be pretty easy to produce a reduced volume version or just replace it wholesale.

-R

You'd think that, but it really isn't anymore. Sound editing went from being a breeze to a total chore

[PVE]
Members
8,144 posts
14,229 battles
11 hours ago, Chobittsu said:

I quite liked them. Gives some variation and the bell can be handy for people who don't pay attention to their UI.
Once I find the bell in the game files I'll be changing it on my end to a buzzer to better fit the 1950s design of my Republique flagship.

[EDIT]: Besides... if they cave in and make this optional, then everyone would want everything to be optional and then there wouldn't be any point in developing new content if people are just going to cry about changes.
That reminds me, I should go see if that certain user has made a comment on the 0.7.3 changelog yet, it's always so entertaining to watch him cry about every tiny thing

That damn horn when the guns reload is so annoying it isn't even funny. We already had a locked and loaded breach closing sound. No need for a damn horn every time the BB guns reload. I can't for the life of me begin to imagine why they felt this was needed and a good idea? I tend to roll with changes pretty easy but this is like someone scrapping their nails on a chalk board to me.

Are you serious? You think allowing the players to customize their game is a bad thing?

• Cool 1

[SOUP]
8,279 posts
12 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Are you serious? You think allowing the players to customize their game is a bad thing?

Okay, I want a customization that lets me play my battleship exclusively against mid-tier cruisers, and all sound effects will be replaced with a rabbit barking

• Bad 1

[PVE]
Members
8,144 posts
14,229 battles
14 minutes ago, Chobittsu said:

Okay, I want a customization that lets me play my battleship exclusively against mid-tier cruisers, and all sound effects will be replaced with a rabbit barking

Come on and be serious.

A sound effect is not vital to the game and sound effects can annoy people. Letting people shut it off is no different than how they let people shut off the ship horns or reduce the fire effect.

This is a change that NO ONE asked for either, or frankly that was even needed. I have never seen anyone post saying "I need audio confirmation my BB guns reloaded because I can't tell when they are". I mean the noise we already had and the fact your crosshair marker goes green isn't enough? We need a train yard horn to tell us?

I try not to get on WG over stuff as I know you can't please everyone, nor do everything at once as well.  However,  they seem to spend time on things no one asks for or that aren't an issue/problem (like this sound or the patches when people die)  at the expense of fixing real issues and making changes people ask for an would help (like making AP shells more visible against the background for people with vision impairment or fixing the BB AP double dipping on DD's).

Just out of the blue we get an annoying train yard horn letting us know our main guns on BB's are reloaded. Yeah, we really needed this and it adds so much to the experience and game play. :Smile_facepalm::Smile_amazed::Smile_sceptic:

Edited by AdmiralThunder

[TAFFY]
[TAFFY]
Members
10 posts
12,046 battles

I agree, at first I liked the bell  but now it just an annoyance , making it optional would be great