You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Bailen

Can you purchase the space camo for a ship you don't have yet?

21 comments in this topic

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts
Just now, HamptonRoads said:

You can.  It will be in your inventory until you get the appropriate ship.

This^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Members
22,445 posts
5,792 battles

Possibly. I have premium camo for Charles Martel and Z-23, earned from an event, and I don't have those ships yet.

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
22,461 posts
3,895 battles
11 minutes ago, Ghostdog1355 said:

It looks like that cam is good only for that ship from my understanding.

Would be nice to grab them so you could use it when you unlock the ship in the future, though.

9 minutes ago, HamptonRoads said:

Well that's good at least. Thanks for the update.

Edited by KiyoSenkan

Beta Testers
1,143 posts
3,273 battles
8 minutes ago, HamptonRoads said:

I know earnable rewards go there for ships you don't currently own.

But for ships not yet unlocked and camos purchasable through dubloons? I'm not too sure; I guess something to check up on later. 

• Cool 1

[NERO]
Members
3,623 posts
16 minutes ago, HamptonRoads said:

How do you buy a camo in game for a ship you don't own? If that's a thing you can do I'd really like to know how. 

• Cool 1

[P2W]
[P2W]
Members
1,240 posts
2 minutes ago, TTK_Aegis said:

How do you buy a camo in game for a ship you don't own? If that's a thing you can do I'd really like to know how. 

I think they're assuming you can straight buy some with cash and not just Dubloons.

[WOLF5]
[WOLF5]
Members
587 posts
16,619 battles

@TTK_Aegis

You can buy permanent camo for several French BBs in the premium shop. Same would apply to the space camo

Edited by HamptonRoads

[SP3AR]
Supertester
213 posts
5,689 battles
3 minutes ago, TTK_Aegis said:

^this

If you dont own the ship you cannot purchase the camo unless WG puts it in premium shop!

[WOLF3]
Members
19,347 posts
17,682 battles
6 minutes ago, w4spl3g said:

I think they're assuming you can straight buy some with cash and not just Dubloons.

The thing is that the news page specifically only lists doubloons.

"These camo patterns will be available for 8,000 [doubloons] and will provide the same economic bonuses of standard permanent camouflages:

Standard dispersion and concealment bonuses
50% off post-battle repairs
+20% [credits]
+100% [XP]"

The last special event perma-camo we got were the Halloween ones.  You could acquire them as drops from the special crates, so it's not like Doubloons camo where you have to have the ship first to even see and buy the doubloons camo.

Edit:  8k Doubloons is extraordinarily high.  Typical Tier X Perma Camo costs 5k Doubloons.

http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Camouflage

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[WORX]
Members
3,422 posts
14,785 battles

Yes you can own Camos for ship you dont own. I have camos I earned that I can;t use because I dont have the ship. Usually, you can see what camos you have for what ship in your inventory management option of your acct. GL!

[-RNG-]
Supertester
2,247 posts
2,980 battles

Now if I am correct, which I think I am, the camos are only available in the game. You cant buy them in the premium shop. In order to access a ships camo you have to own the ship. 

I think

[POINT]
Beta Testers
379 posts
5,655 battles
13 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

"These camo patterns will be available for 8,000 [doubloons] and will provide the same economic bonuses of standard permanent camouflages:

+20% [credits]
+100% [XP]"

The last special event perma-camo we got were the Halloween ones.  You could acquire them as drops from the special crates, so it's not like Doubloons camo where you have to have the ship first to even see and buy the doubloons camo.

Edit:  8k Doubloons is extraordinarily high.  Typical Tier X Perma Camo costs 5k Doubloons.

Wow. . . 8k for those camos? Guess I won't be buying any and will just mod them on my side instead if possible.

Beta Testers
2,029 posts

I took a quick look and didn't see anything.  Does anyone know if you'll be able to turn off the space camo similar to Halloween and ARP?  I don't have anything against them, I'd just rather not see them.  Also, not sure about space ones yet, but some of the Halloween camos provided an advantage.  The Tirpitz one, I believe it was, displayed in a way where you couldn't see the smoke and therefore couldn't judge the speed/direction as accurately.

Edited by AspiringCodger

[POINT]
Beta Testers
379 posts
5,655 battles
1 minute ago, AspiringCodger said:

I took a quick look and didn't see anything.  Does anyone know if you'll be able to turn off the space camo similar to Halloween and ARP?  I don't have anything against them, I'd just rather not see them.  Also, not sure about space ones yet, but some of the Halloween camos provided an advantage.  The Tirpitz one, I believe it was, displayed in a way where you couldn't see the smoke and therefore couldn't judge the speed/direction as accurately.

They stated in the video if I recall that yes, you can opt out of seeing them like ARP and such.

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
2,029 posts
3 minutes ago, SneakHayabusa said:

They stated in the video if I recall that yes, you can opt out of seeing them like ARP and such.

Yup, thanks.  I never watch those.  I just read the notes.

[P2W]
[P2W]
Members
1,240 posts
38 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

+20% [credits]
+100% [XP]"

Yes and there has been talk of event crates already i.e. more gambling. So you could spend cash on the crates and get the camos if you're in the .00001%.

[LOU1]
Members
3,561 posts
9,434 battles
39 minutes ago, AspiringCodger said:

Other Tweaks

• Added a setting in the Port to display/hide the additional content for the Space Battles event.

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
22,461 posts
3,895 battles
41 minutes ago, AspiringCodger said:

It's clearly stated in the patch notes page.

• Boring 1