You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
heave_ho

Free XP conversion event coming Apr. 13 - 17

24 comments in this topic

[SYN]
Members
62 posts
6,790 battles

As seen in the 0.7.3 Update Notes - (Content Changes) concerning permanent space camouflage purchases for tier X ships....

as quoted....  "Don't Have a Tier X Ship Yet?  You have until Update 0.7.4 to climb to the top!  Missions in April will help out, along with a Free XP Conversion event from Apr. 13 - 17! Stay tuned for details."

what exactly are the details?    I'm sure all will be revealed, eventually...

Sorry for the confusion this post has caused….  

"Free XP conversion" usually refers to the conversion of accumulated Premium Ship and Elite Ship XP to Free XP, which is normally done at a rate of 25 to 1, where I doubloon lets you convert 25 Ship XP into 25 free XP.....  When WG has offered a special conversion event in the past this rate has been 35 to 1, where 1 doubloon turns 35 Ship XP into 35 Free XP…  

This may, or may not be the case for this upcoming event....  as it says..."Stay tuned for details"

Edited by heave_ho
  • Cool 1

Members
82 posts
4,577 battles

I had achieved elite status on some ships and then earned excess ship XP.  But because I had no doubloons to convert those excess XP to free XP, I sold those ships.  What happens to those excess ship XP?  Can I get those points somehow and convert them during this Free XP Conversion Event?

Members
2,059 posts
5,097 battles
1 minute ago, slider37 said:

I had achieved elite status on some ships and then earned excess ship XP.  But because I had no doubloons to convert those excess XP to free XP, I sold those ships.  What happens to those excess ship XP?  Can I get those points somehow and convert them during this Free XP Conversion Event?

All XP is saved, if you click your free XP number it will show you all your elite xp as well, and the ships it resides on.

[JKSDF]
[JKSDF]
Members
1,603 posts
2,491 battles

I feel like there will be some limit too this or something, i dont think WG is gonna just simply let us convert enough elite exp into enough free exp that we could possibly get a Tier X.

Because im pretty sure during the amount of time ive spent playing this game, the amount of Elite Exp some of my ships have combined would be enough to let me research a tier X if i had the means of converting it all.

Members
1,866 posts
1 minute ago, Submarine_Albacore said:

I feel like there will be some limit too this or something, i dont think WG is gonna just simply let us convert enough elite exp into enough free exp that we could possibly get a Tier X.

Because im pretty sure during the amount of time ive spent playing this game, the amount of Elite Exp some of my ships have combined would be enough to let me research a tier X if i had the means of converting it all.

You can convert as much as you'd like to pay for, right now. But the event will offer a sale on that.

• Cool 1

[SOFOP]
Members
755 posts
6,831 battles
26 minutes ago, heave_ho said:

As seen in the 0.7.3 Update Notes - (Content Changes) concering permanent space camouflage purchases for tier X ships....

as quoted....  "Don't Have a Tier X Ship Yet?  You have until Update 0.7.4 to climb to the top!  Missions in April will help out, along with a Free XP Conversion event from Apr. 13 - 17! Stay tuned for details."

what exactly are the details?    I'm sure all will be revealed, eventually...

If they wanted you to have the details, they probably would have posted them.

That said - Have they ever run this type of event before?  That would be the best indication of what is going to happen.  My guess is it won't be free to convert (oh I'd love that though), but it will be at a reduced cost or a better conversion rate (35:1 maybe).

[JKSDF]
[JKSDF]
Members
1,603 posts
2,491 battles
Just now, Seadog_Supreme said:

You can convert as much as you'd like to pay for, right now. But the event will offer a sale on that.

I read free xp conversion in the OP, didnt hear anything about a sale on that.

And regardless, to do that, you'd have to pay for it and not everyone can afford doing so, regardless of the amount of elite xp stored.

Members
1,866 posts
3 minutes ago, Submarine_Albacore said:

I read free xp conversion in the OP, didnt hear anything about a sale on that.

And regardless, to do that, you'd have to pay for it and not everyone can afford doing so, regardless of the amount of elite xp stored.

No, it's a sale on the price of conversion TO free xp, not free to convert.

• Cool 1

[JKSDF]
[JKSDF]
Members
1,603 posts
2,491 battles
Just now, Seadog_Supreme said:

Alright, thanks for clearing that up.

[-RNG-]
Supertester
2,233 posts
2,974 battles

Usually it goes from 1:25 to 1:35 right? 1 gold turns 35xp into 35 free xp

[WOLF4]
Members
1,425 posts
3,224 battles
2 minutes ago, Seadog_Supreme said:

Oh man could you imagine if it was a free to convert xp for FREE event?

People would lose their minds. They world would end as we know it.

• Funny 1

[NWNG]
Members
2,785 posts
4,652 battles
2 minutes ago, Happy668 said:

aren't those space ships t7? why it has anything to do with t10?

No, they are based on tier 10 ships. Gearing, Des Moines, IJN T10 Carrier (cannot spell it at the moment), I forget which battleship though.

[TSG4B]
[TSG4B]
Privateers
2,194 posts
11,696 battles
2 minutes ago, Counter_Gambit said:

IJN T10 Carrier

You FORGOT the Space Zao, that look like a butterfly. T10 German bb too

pretty good look camo

• Cool 1

[WOLF7]
Members
11,405 posts

Sorry, unless they want to offer 100:1 conversion, it's not really a big deal..:Smile_glasses:

They also seem oblivious to the fact that no matter what the deal, tier 10 isn't a big draw for most players. WG continues to believe they have a competitive player base, all evidence to the contrary.:Smile_amazed:

[WOLF1]
Members
2,545 posts

space battle:

"After the ships are removed, all of their experience will be transferred to tier I soviet cruiser Orlan. "

this is bad

[-BRS-]
Members
1,038 posts
29,954 battles

I have 40,341,671 free XP. 

To convert it at 25:1 it would be $7000.00. 

To convert it at 35:1 would be $5000.00.

How about a one time sale!  Convert all your free XP for $1500.00!  I would do that.

[-K-]
Supertester, In AlfaTesters
2,178 posts
10,330 battles
1 hour ago, IWantedOption1 said:

Usually it goes from 1:25 to 1:35 right? 1 gold turns 35xp into 35 free xp

Yes the sale is normally for the 35. Does not guarantee it will be that way but again usually it is at that rate. 

[NDA]
Supertester, Alpha Tester
5,543 posts
4,201 battles
1 hour ago, Happy668 said:

also what's " You have until Update 0.7.4 "? what's the cutoff for?

I believe that’s when the space camouflages will be removed from purchase. If you want one of the space camouflages, you will have to buy it before 0.7.4.

[RKLES]
Members
8,929 posts
10,828 battles

It would be fun if the conversion sale made the conversion process free for a day, lol I could really be all set for long time with how much Elite XP on ships I have sitting around.

Members
65 posts
2,255 battles

I wont pay to convert elite exp to free exp, however....

If they were to allow me to convert my elite XP to free exp, I could unlock some fun ships ... which I would have to grind the credits for... which would prompt me to buy some premium time....

Members
1,819 posts
On 3/27/2018 at 2:45 PM, awiggin said:

Sorry, unless they want to offer 100:1 conversion, it's not really a big deal..:Smile_glasses:

They also seem oblivious to the fact that no matter what the deal, tier 10 isn't a big draw for most players. WG continues to believe they have a competitive player base, all evidence to the contrary.:Smile_amazed:

Even if I did play randoms, I would not be able to play at tier X, why would I want to pay to lose.

I keep saying this, pay to win is evil, paying to lose is just stupid.