You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
_1204_

Kobayashi Roma... Good credits?

10 comments in this topic

[-RNG-]
Supertester
2,233 posts
2,974 battles

Yes, I hated the camo when it came out. It looked so ugly. Now, its growing on me. I cant 100% approve like I would the winter camo for Sharnhorst, but it is enough to consider buying. What I am looking at is the credit potential. Instead of -10 to repairs, it gets -50 to repairs and +20 to earnings. As of now I have premium account, but always run premium consumables and am in higher tier grinds, so I am hurting for creds. Lucky for me, I have a Missouri! It would be nice to have another strong credit grinder, but at what cost?

I currently have 7500 doubloons in game, but Im gonna change names soon (I wanted option 1). Would the Kobayashi camo make Roma a solid credit grinder? Of course it will never be a Missouri or anything, but how close does it come?

Thanks!

[MX]
Members
63 posts

well doing 40k damage on a lose battle means around 350k credits winning you gain around 500k credits

doing 60k to 80k damage means around 600k to 900k depending of winning or losing and how much do you supported your team

doing 100k damage means around 1 million to 1.4 million 

so i must say yes its a good credits gainer from the words of someone who dont have a missouri but have a kobayashi roma

Members
2,059 posts
5,097 battles

It is second only to Missouri, if that says anything.

• Cool 1

[MIA]
Privateers, Supertester
6,442 posts
7,774 battles

It's a nice boost, however Roma is a little iffy for me so I'm going to wait a while before playing her again.

[-RNG-]
Supertester
2,233 posts
2,974 battles

Went ahead and got it. Will probably regret it down the road but for now its pretty fun. Still don't get how a Japanese camo fits on an Italian ship, but hey, 

"Historical accuracy"

[PVE]
[PVE]
Beta Testers
2,193 posts
5,726 battles

-50% service on a premium ship that already has reduced service cost is just insane in the ratio of credits it earns.

With the Kobayashi camo, Roma's service cost is 26,250 credits and if you add in the flag and clan bonus (for a total of -70%), it goes further down to 15,750. You would have to go out of your way to do whatever you possibly can do to lose money in the Roma with that camo.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
8,191 posts
14,312 battles
23 hours ago, IWantedOption1 said:

Yes, I hated the camo when it came out. It looked so ugly. Now, its growing on me. I cant 100% approve like I would the winter camo for Sharnhorst, but it is enough to consider buying. What I am looking at is the credit potential. Instead of -10 to repairs, it gets -50 to repairs and +20 to earnings. As of now I have premium account, but always run premium consumables and am in higher tier grinds, so I am hurting for creds. Lucky for me, I have a Missouri! It would be nice to have another strong credit grinder, but at what cost?

I currently have 7500 doubloons in game, but Im gonna change names soon (I wanted option 1). Would the Kobayashi camo make Roma a solid credit grinder? Of course it will never be a Missouri or anything, but how close does it come?

Thanks!

You can at least remove the beer can on the Kobayashi camo if you wish. There is a mod for that. The rest of the drunk chicken scratch will remain however. I absolutely detest the camo BUT it has such good bonuses I reluctantly got it and run it. I swear it makes me eyes bleed though. UGLY is too kind of a description of it. :Smile_facepalm:

https://sea-group.org/?p=3910&lang=en

Roma earns decent with that camo if you have a good game. I find the ship itself to be ok but not as good as other BB's. But, even in Co-op you can pull in decent earnings with it, a premium account, and some flags.

Just had this one earlier today so pulled it to show you. I have had much better games (this is pretty average) and made well over 400K with it (Co-op) but don't have the screenshots. This was still accessible in port so I pulled it for you. Service fee after the camo bonus and clan bonus reductions was just 27K so I netted 324K+ credits.

OGo4tPc.jpg

Members
350 posts
4,213 battles

I refused to buy the Kobayashi camo, even given the mod to remove the beer can.  Its just hideous, and even with the bonuses I couldn't bring myself to run it.  That said, you can still earn quite well in Roma if you run the economic flags and can consistently do well.  I think the latter is where Roma falls down - she is a bit too inconsistent.  When she works she is a lot of fun to drive, but if the RNG craps on you you're in for a long game.  I did manage a 1M gross game tonight on Two Brothers, net was around 925k IIRC.  Nothing too outrageous damage wise, only 161k; but I think it was a Kraken/Confederate/High Caliber maybe?