Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
awiggin

Did they just nerf Ops?

16 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

3,623
[WOLF7]
Members
11,420 posts

Noticed this little tidbit on the update....:Smile_teethhappy:

After playing a couple ops last night, and watching people fail miserably at them, was this really needed? :Smile_amazed:

 

  • Fixed an issue with bots showing poor combat effectiveness in Operations. They will now operate with the required effectiveness depending on their tier as was initially intended at the release of the Operations mode.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,374
[MIA]
Clan Supertester, Supertester
6,442 posts
7,774 battles

I've seen some cases of "derpbotes" in operations, seems like just general A.I. improvements. I doubt such changes will tilt the battle at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
701
[WOLF4]
Members
1,441 posts
3,234 battles

When it comes to doing the Ops solo i can see some nerfing needed. Specially for Killer Whale which should have a Benny Hill sound track most times.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
642
[VW]
Members
2,446 posts
14,319 battles

I kinda took it to mean a buff on the bots. In the French gold op the bbs seemed to not shoot anything and run straight into torps, maybe just me... 

Edited by monpetitloup

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,623
[WOLF7]
Members
11,420 posts
7 minutes ago, monpetitloup said:

I kinda took it to mean a buff on the bots. In the French gold op the bbs seemed to not shoot anything and run straight into torps, maybe just me... 

You're correct. But the few ops I've played lately...the players seem to be worse than ever.....so buffing bots seems questionable under those circumstances. :Smile_teethhappy:

Personally I like the ops, and wouldn't mind a buff to the bots, but if they are going to make them painful for the average player we have now? Not sure how this is going to help.

WG seems intent on forcing those average players out of co-op (CV mania) and operations...wonder why?:cap_hmm:

Do people really want players who struggle with bots, in random?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
642
[VW]
Members
2,446 posts
14,319 battles
2 minutes ago, awiggin said:

You're correct. But the few ops I've played lately...the players seem to be worse than ever.....so buffing bots seems questionable under those circumstances. :Smile_teethhappy:

Personally I like the ops, and wouldn't mind a buff to the bots, but if they are going to make them painful for the average player we have now? Not sure how this is going to help.

WG seems intent on forcing those average players out of co-op (CV mania) and operations...wonder why?:cap_hmm:

Do people really want players who struggle with bots, in random?

Now that you mention it, i wonder, because since most of the ops are low/mid tier maybe they want to increase population at these tiers in the random queue. This might be more positive for those who hate uptiering... as for experienced players i guess they shouldn’t mind because it means more cits/dev strikes etc lol 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,829
[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

I recently started Playing Operation Scenarios. I have 5 stared them all. But I think they do need to be a bit more challenging. Play it a few times and it becomes so easy like a Hobby Farm.

Maybe for this reason the planned changes will require a bit more skill and less free rides to rewards.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,171
[SALVO]
Members
20,182 posts
20,016 battles
1 hour ago, xalmgrey said:

When it comes to doing the Ops solo i can see some nerfing needed. Specially for Killer Whale which should have a Benny Hill sound track most times.

Actually, Killer Whale is an easy one that's also easy to screw up (if you don't get enough ships into the exit point before the end).

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
701
[WOLF4]
Members
1,441 posts
3,234 battles
10 minutes ago, Crucis said:

Actually, Killer Whale is an easy one that's also easy to screw up (if you don't get enough ships into the exit point before the end).

 

That's always the problem. Most players tend to over commit to killing the base stuff so when we need to escape they are deep inside the base.

What i see usually happen is one or two people stay near the exit and then they die to the sudden onslaught of torp bombers because they get focused.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
374
[WOLF6]
Members
679 posts
6,094 battles
1 hour ago, awiggin said:

Noticed this little tidbit on the update....:Smile_teethhappy:

After playing a couple ops last night, and watching people fail miserably at them, was this really needed? :Smile_amazed:

 

  • Fixed an issue with bots showing poor combat effectiveness in Operations. They will now operate with the required effectiveness depending on their tier as was initially intended at the release of the Operations mode.

Don't know about Ops but I can't see much of a difference between Random and Co-op lately . Played a coupla Random games saturday , all BB's except for me went to the eastern edge of the map in a lemming train , lost those games , said the hell with it and went in to Co-op , Deja vu the exact same thing happened . My head wanted to explode , called it quits for the night . I'm seeing people in high tier BB's in Co-op flying Jolly rogers that are afraid to get their paint scratched . I hope they buff the bots in Co-op as well to flush out the debris .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
576
[PLPTV]
Members
1,457 posts
9,077 battles
1 hour ago, awiggin said:

You're correct. But the few ops I've played lately...the players seem to be worse than ever.....so buffing bots seems questionable under those circumstances. :Smile_teethhappy:

Personally I like the ops, and wouldn't mind a buff to the bots, but if they are going to make them painful for the average player we have now? Not sure how this is going to help.

WG seems intent on forcing those average players out of co-op (CV mania) and operations...wonder why?:cap_hmm:

Do people really want players who struggle with bots, in random?

Don't play with pubs. Only play them with your clan mates.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,233
[WOLF3]
Members
19,370 posts
17,682 battles
6 minutes ago, Ulthwey said:

Don't play with pubs. Only play them with your clan mates.

There are people out there that will royally screw up even Operation Narai.  And one could solo queue and get whole teams filled with those kind of players.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,171
[SALVO]
Members
20,182 posts
20,016 battles
50 minutes ago, xalmgrey said:

That's always the problem. Most players tend to over commit to killing the base stuff so when we need to escape they are deep inside the base.

What i see usually happen is one or two people stay near the exit and then they die to the sudden onslaught of torp bombers because they get focused.

I've never seen that as a problem.  The problem I've seen is players who care more about chasing down every last enemy ships once you start to leave the harbor.  When I take a cruiser, I'm usually one who charges in really deep to wipe everything out, and I have no problem getting back outside.  Now, I suppose if some slow BB goes in really deep , it could be an issue though.  But if I'm on such a team, I'm killing the stuff in deep so fast that I'm not leaving anything for a BB to get that deep into the harbor.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,171
[SALVO]
Members
20,182 posts
20,016 battles
36 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

There are people out there that will royally screw up even Operation Narai.  And one could solo queue and get whole teams filled with those kind of players.

In my experience, the biggest threat with Narai is that Missouri.  Your freighters are on a course to go thru the main channel, and the Missouri heads directly to intercept them.  So, if you don't get that Missouri dead ASAP, it can and will kill your freighters which can lead to an instant loss, if it kills enough of them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
194
[-BRS-]
Members
836 posts
14,933 battles
3 minutes ago, Crucis said:

In my experience, the biggest threat with Narai is that Missouri.  Your freighters are on a course to go thru the main channel, and the Missouri heads directly to intercept them.  So, if you don't get that Missouri dead ASAP, it can and will kill your freighters which can lead to an instant loss, if it kills enough of them.

That's why I take a Leningrad into Narai to nuke the Missouri. I give a link to a replay for anyone interested in watching.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,120
[EGO]
Members
3,524 posts
3 hours ago, awiggin said:

You're correct. But the few ops I've played lately...the players seem to be worse than ever.....so buffing bots seems questionable under those circumstances. :Smile_teethhappy:

Personally I like the ops, and wouldn't mind a buff to the bots, but if they are going to make them painful for the average player we have now? Not sure how this is going to help.

WG seems intent on forcing those average players out of co-op (CV mania) and operations...wonder why?:cap_hmm:

Do people really want players who struggle with bots, in random?

What amazes me is the ability of some players to constantly get in the way but not kill anything. I'm fine with them toughening OPs up a little bit but I would prefer they just come out with hard modes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×