Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Bababooey33

Manual Secondaries. Can you remap the controls?

7 comments in this topic

[JUGS]
Members
5 posts
3,222 battles

Can you remap the controls in the settings?  I cant seem to find it in the CONTROLS area.  Which one of the hotkeys is for manual secondaries please?  Thanks.

[H-W-C]
Members
1,271 posts
3,605 battles

Hold Ctrl and click on the ship you want to shoot at with your secondaries.

[JUGS]
Members
5 posts
3,222 battles

Thank you, however can you remap it?   Also is it right click or left click?  Seems kinda odd if you left click if thats your fire button also.

Edited by Bababooey33

[H-W-C]
Members
1,271 posts
3,605 battles
Just now, Bababooey33 said:

Thank you, however can you remap it?   Also is it right click or left click?  Seems kinda odd if you left click if thats your fire button also.

While you hold ctrl, your cursor pops up and you move that instead of firing and aiming your guns. Basically, you don't have to worry about accidentally firing your guns unless you let go of ctrl.

I don't know how to remap the control though.

[-RNG-]
Supertester
2,195 posts
2,971 battles

Boom. Found it. 

In settings, under the control tab. In the top right there is a menu. It shows your basic wsad controls and your autopilot controls. However, it is a scroll menu. Scroll down until you see the setting 'Enable Free Cursor' (or just look for a setting that uses the ctrl key if you still use the default). You can change it to whatever you want. Whatever you chose for this is what you push to use your mouse/cursor in battle. Hover over the enemy ship and left click. Sometimes its picky, so I always spam click several times out of habit.

Once you hover over an enemy its a Left mouse click. You MIGHT be able to change it by changing what key you use to fire, but Im not sure and would advise against it. 

Supertester, Alpha Tester
6,051 posts

If you want to know what your options and the defaults are, the following may help:

Help Screens

List of Mouse and Keyboard Commands

In general I have found that bad things happen when you remap anything that involves [Ctrl], [Alt], or [Shift] keys, or the mouse buttons. Bad as in the keyboard input becomes erratic. Of course it's been a few years since I've tried it and they have made a ship load of changes in the game.

Sign in to follow this