Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Dogget

Commander Skills for all ships

7 comments in this topic

[WOLFB]
Members
627 posts
4,982 battles

I'd be interested in what more experienced people have to say about the suggested Commander skills on the wiki?

Are the suggestions on the wiki always good? Can I trim down my time sifting through advice on reddit and the forum and just use the wiki Commander builds?

Or am I going to regret not doing more reading and researching before I make a commitment with my hard-grinded commander skillz?

[CVA16]
Members
3,166 posts
11,053 battles

I notice the shipcomrade site tends to recommend more unusual builds vs what the wiki site would recommend. For example, none of the recommended builds on the shipcomrade site for De Grasse recommend taking Concealment Expert, which is highly recommended (along with IFHE) on most builds I have seen. Checked a few other ships and CE was rarely mentioned. Not saying the builds are wrong, just not typical.

Much depends on your playstyle and particular pet-peeves with a ship. For example, I will take Expert Marksman before Adrenalin Rush because I hate being unable to get my guns on target during the game much more than I yearn for the extra shots when I am near death. Most sites put AR first. If you plan to be guns blazing for the whole game (as long as it lasts), CE may be a useless skill.

Edited by Sabot_100

[CVA16]
Members
3,166 posts
11,053 battles
6 hours ago, Jester_of_War said:

Are the suggestions on the wiki always good? Can I trim down my time sifting through advice on reddit and the forum and just use the wiki Commander builds?

The wiki builds are presented as suggestions with stars rating the particular value of certain skill. You can pick a lower value skill if it suits you better or you trying for a particular build direction (like a secondary build where BFT and AFT compliment each other). Picking a no-star skill is probably a bad idea. You can take the extra catapult aircraft skill on a DD captain if you want, but why? Generally there is no one build for a ship. There are some bad ones though.

-Members-
360 posts
194 battles

Usually each class of ship can start with the same initial 4 skills or 10 points. Then you can specialize based on the individual ships strengths/weaknesses. And of course there will always be the "I'm special and have my own needs!" ships, looking at you, Atlanta. 

Sign in to follow this