You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Burnsy

7.3 Question

8 comments in this topic

[VW]
Members
2,446 posts
14,314 battles

no, as is clearly stated on the website... excluding of course testing the new ships by those qualified to do so

reading op

Edited by monpetitloup

Supertester
2,171 posts
9,234 battles

ST = Supertest. AKA only available to supertesters for testing on the live server. So no. If the USN Cruiser split was going live I guarantee you’d know all about it by the time it’s released

[TDG]
Members
1,637 posts
7,872 battles
59 minutes ago, Burnsy said:

So does this patch tomorrow make the US cruiser split live?

As already stated, no.

They are announcing that the models for the test ships have been included in this patch.

You will start to see some of these in the hands of a small group.

There will be at least one cycle in the Public Test Server with the post-split ships before the actual split.  This has not happened.  0.7.4 is the earliest patch where this might happen, but I would expect 0.7.5 or later, but not much later.  I think we are getting close.

[WORX]
Members
3,391 posts
14,753 battles

its in testing phase. Meaning that if your a super tester, you get to test the line out first. That is NO guarantee, that a line split is going to happen. Since a lot of ships/concepts never pass testing phase... But you never know.

[O_O]
Members
803 posts
5,243 battles

Also keep in mind that .3 only introduces one new ship; Buffalo.  All of the others are the re-tiered CAs and Cleveland.  None of the new CLs are in this patch.  I wouldn't expect to see those arriving for SuperTesters until 0.7.5 conservatively, meaning the earliest the split will happen is .6. 

While the new CLs are only modestly different from a few current designs (old Cleveland, Mogami, Chapayev, and radar-Minnow I guess,) they are still going to have to go through lots of tweaking to get them in a releasable state.  I, for one, hope they take their time and get it close-to-right on release.

Just my thoughts.

-R

[ARGSY]
Members
10,318 posts
6,757 battles
7 minutes ago, Mister_Rawr said:

I wouldn't expect to see those arriving for SuperTesters until 0.7.5 conservatively, meaning the earliest the split will happen is .6. 

Good point.

Even if your estimate is a patch late (i.e. new ships drop for Super Testers in 0.7.4 with the split in .5), that still gives us plenty of time... and I like that. The more grinding time I have, the less likely it is I will have to dip into my FXP to grab the Cleveland before it happens (I would prefer not to do so at all, in case the compensations are less than for previous splits, but either way I will know comfortably ahead of time in order to decide and act).

Alpha Tester
7,113 posts
3,722 battles
1 hour ago, Burnsy said:

So does this patch tomorrow make the US cruiser split live?

No sir, the ships will just be in the game for testers to use and War Gaming to gather feedback on.

Expect some CC videos on the state of these ships soon unless they're being placed under NDA for initial testing.