Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
GUNSTAR_THE_LEGEND

Tunnel vision got me at the worst time.

7 comments in this topic

[-BRS-]
Members
1,584 posts
15,932 battles

So I was in a game last night where we had a couple of APOC Midways in the game.

Frankie on the enemy team and Tugboat on mine.

Now what happened at the end I a not proud of but I tunnel visioned on an enemy Atago at the end and well missed the chance to help out Tug.

What i did not see was 2 dd that were literally 4k or less behind me with hardly any HP.

Once the Atago was sunk i quickly switched sides launching torps in the direction of a BB moving towards me.... still not seeing the 2 dds right behind me.

In my Neptune by the way so you can understand issue here.

So my apologies to my team and Tug....  It was a mistake on my part.

Not sure if it would have really made a difference as we were down to me and Tug and down 2 caps and 5 or 600 points.

But i sure got blasted about it oddly enough from the enemy team apologizing to tug about how horrible i was. 

Now I do care about what others have to say about me and my game play so i will try to do better next go around.

Edited by GUNSTAR_THE_LEGEND

Members
5,579 posts
3,952 battles

I wouldn't worry about it. We all make plenty of mistakes. If you got "blasted" for one of yours it just means someone was mad or mean and they wrongly pushed their negative emotions onto you.

[LEGIT]
Members
1,658 posts
24,377 battles

Tunnel vision is my worst fault, along with others.  It's not so bad now, but still happens.  It was so ridiculous one time I was focused on whatever ship and a BB got to within 2 km of me without me noticing it (didn't look at mini map), and I was out in the open so it didn't even have to creep around islands to do it.  Doh!

[OO7]
Members
4,217 posts
10,889 battles

I'm trying to make it a habit to look at the mini map between salvoes. Still find myself tunnel visioning once in a while though.

[ERN]
[ERN]
Modder, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
10,438 posts
4,559 battles

if you try to tunnel vision in world of tanks, you can kiss your butt goodbye

Sign in to follow this