You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
FluffyPandaNapalm

8000 Gold Paintjobs - Acceptable?

230 comments in this topic

Members
14 posts
2,946 battles

First and only post I reckon.

Just wanted allow my disgust for 8000 Dubby paintjobs to come out of Wargaming.

Please explain to me how this is justified, the extra 3000, stop ripping us off Wargaming, you cant even keep servers working right for foam mechanics.

Cheers.

Edited by SexualPandaClinton
  • Cool 10
  • Boring 4

[ARGSY]
Members
10,317 posts
6,746 battles

It all depends on what the paint job offers. Nobody is forcing you to buy it, you know.

• Cool 5

Members
14 posts
2,946 battles

$40 for a Skin, Has EA visited Wargaming recently or something?

I am serious when I say Ive seen some blatant ripoffs in my time but this is Wow, if people want them fair enough, wont be blowing $40 add no benefit to my ships, per ship even.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 3

[HYDRO]
Members
2,837 posts
4,590 battles

I guess the logic or to be more honest the justification is that more work was done on the camouflages, since they alter the geometry and the model I guess. That said, still stupid to charge 8k doubloons.

What the OP is talking about if anyone is interested, and of course all this is WiP:

Edited by warheart1992

Members
14 posts
2,946 battles

Appreciate the postage! Exactly my point, and Im sorry but if you make content, yeah you should get paid, but they arent in debt, they arent expanding so again, no reason charge an extra 3000, I'd probably of been happy along with many pay the 5k, but there just isnt a justification apart form sheer Russian greed when I look at this, sorry Devs but your marketing teams getting your ankles bitten for this.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Beta Testers
1,234 posts
5,613 battles
5 minutes ago, SexualPandaClinton said:

I am serious when I say Ive seen some blatant ripoffs in my time but this is Wow, if people want them fair enough, wont be blowing $40 add no benefit to my ships, per ship even.

So don't buy it?   It is completely optional and players who find it worth while will buy it, do you don't have to.  Seriously, why get so worked up over something that offers no clear benefit and is completely optional?

• Cool 6

Members
14 posts
2,946 battles
2 minutes ago, Bril01 said:

So don't buy it?   It is completely optional and players who find it worth while will buy it, do you don't have to.  Seriously, why get so worked up over something that offers no clear benefit and is completely optional?

To be entirely blunt and forward with you lad, Im worked up because this is how games start to really burn, EA is a prime example, you just let this happen, nobody protests enough and the developer shakes you all down for money, its a sad state to watch, honestly it is, everyone just falls in line and pays 'if they want to' which to me says that theres a mass thats fine paying 40 dollars for a paintjob, its called taking advantage of your customers, but when it comes to video game,s theres no spine against cost, just roll over and take it. Kinda like dogs. Sorry if that seems trollish, Im just being blunt.

Edited by SexualPandaClinton
  • Cool 5
  • Boring 1

Beta Testers
1,234 posts
5,613 battles
1 minute ago, SexualPandaClinton said:

you just let this happen, nobody protests enough and the developer shakes you all down for money

Sorry but getting worked up over a camo that is no better then the already existing 5k one is pointless.  They are not shaking you down for anything but this camo is the definition of optional.  Even if you buy it, you get no greater benefit then the currently existing one.  If you want to complain about something at least pick something that actually impacts the game in some tangible way.

• Cool 3

Beta Testers
4,292 posts

I do think they're overpriced for what they are and what they offer, however designs like this have a high cost to make as well and the designers behind such things earn quite a bit for it.

Being completely optional I have no problem if they want to put the price tag of 10$ or 100$ on their product, it just affects how many people, including me, that end up buying it or skipping it. I'd be really upset if suddenly the cost of optional camouflages caused the rest of the prices in the game to inflate though.

Members
14 posts
2,946 battles
1 minute ago, Bril01 said:

Sorry but getting worked up over a camo that is no better then the already existing 5k one is pointless.  They are not shaking you down for anything but this camo is the definition of optional.  Even if you buy it, you get no greater benefit then the currently existing one.  If you want to complain about something at least pick something that actually impacts the game in some tangible way.

Again, it is the fact the extra cost is there, cant explain this more basic to you, sorry.

[NGAGE]
Clan Supertester
4,365 posts
6,406 battles

8000 doubloons is a very steep price for something that offers no in game advantage what so ever over the standard 5k camos.  My take is WG should either give them better bonuses  than the stander Tier 10 camos.....drop the price to 5k doubloons and nerf the bonuses a bit, or preferably just make them 3k camos with no major economic bonuses.  

• Cool 4
  • Funny 1

Beta Testers
4,292 posts
1 minute ago, yashma said:

8000 doubloons is a very steep price for something that offers no in game advantage what so ever over the standard 5k camos.  My take is WG should either give them better bonuses  than the stander Tier 10 camos.....drop the price to 5k doubloons and nerf the bonuses a bit, or preferably just make them 3k camos with no major economic bonuses.  

I think the reason they cost 8000 doubloons is a marketing trick. 8000 doubloons for each of them individually, but have a bundle at the store with all of them having a discount that brings them in-line with the other T10 doubloons but forces you to get all of them at once. You read it here first ;)

[ICOP]
Members
1,067 posts
3,860 battles

Why does it matter what the cost is?  Where you planning to purchase one of them if they were sold at 5k?

Members
14 posts
2,946 battles
Just now, Junostorm said:

Why does it matter what the cost is?  Where you planning to purchase one of them if they were sold at 5k?

I was indeed thinking of getting one, but I wish to have the extra 3k justified, have they taken on too many new staff, are they struggling make ends meet or are they just getting so greedy they'd rather charge more for one paint than 75% of the ships they have on sale, actual ships, with paint!

Members
928 posts
18,212 battles

It actually shows WG's opinion of its players; that many will be stoooooopid enough to buy it.

Many here have more dollars than sense.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[-K-]
Members
6,130 posts
10,290 battles

I'm not going to be able to help myself chuckle at the first soul I see rocking one of these space camos....

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[NGAGE]
Clan Supertester
4,365 posts
6,406 battles
16 minutes ago, Woofship said:

I think the reason they cost 8000 doubloons is a marketing trick. 8000 doubloons for each of them individually, but have a bundle at the store with all of them having a discount that brings them in-line with the other T10 doubloons but forces you to get all of them at once. You read it here first ;)

I sure hope so.  I really liked the looks of these camos and wanted to pick some up.  I was even willing to drop a considerable amount of money subway cards* on them, but at the current asking price it would take an obscene amount of money subway cards to get them all. 

Edited by yashma

Beta Testers
4,292 posts
1 minute ago, yashma said:

I sure hope so.  I really liked the looks of these camos and wanted to pick some up.  I was even willing to drop a considerable amount of money subway cards* on them, but at the current asking price it would take an obscene amount of money to get them all. 

I won't buy them for 8000 doubloons, but I worked with marketing long enough to see the signs of a bundle that tries to maximize profits by selling them altogether in the horizon. My fingers are crossed that they release this super bundle with all of the space camos for 5000 doubloons each, and the 8000 price cost being just for people who don't want them all but buy just one or two of them. Makes perfect sense from a business perspective.

Members
14 posts
2,946 battles

I think it is a primary thing to point out this is JUST the paint, you need own the ship first, this isnt buying a ship and paint for a bargain, this is a blatant slap in the consumers face.

The marketing trick I can see coming but then again, at a limited supply of ships, even thats dodgy, its not like a new lines come out (France for example) its just same old boats.

[ERN]
[ERN]
Modder, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
10,445 posts
4,559 battles
1 hour ago, Ace_04 said:

I'm not going to be able to help myself chuckle at the first soul I see rocking one of these space camos....

and what if they earned it from the container? still poor soul?

@thread for 8000 doubloons, i can easily buy a new premium ship, so no thanks

• Cool 3