Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
_RC1138

Pictures of HMCS Haida or the USS Littlerock/USS The Sullivans

16 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

2,540
[5BS]
Members
6,682 posts

So, embarassingly, I didn't realize how close HMCS Haida was to where I live and figured with a long weekend coming up I will drive up and visit it and the museum, but before I go, anyone want pictures of a particular part/angle? Also, I live near the USS Littlerock/The Sullivans (Cleveland and Fletcher class) so I could visit/get photos of those instead. Anyone have an interest in this at all?

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
199 posts
1,859 battles

Been to Canalside at least two dozen times in my life.  Still can't get enough of the Little Rock or The Sullivans.  Also, the Little Rock is no longer a Cleveland-class, she is a Galveston-class now.  

You also forgot the Croaker. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
213
[O_O]
Members
803 posts
5,218 battles

Any and all museum pictures, thank you.  I've driven by Haida on the 403 I don't know how many times and had to scrap plans to see her several of those.  Unfortunately I didn't realize the Buffalo park existed until I was driving by and saw an air-search radar through the buildings.  I was in a vehicle packed to bursting with personal effects, two cats and my wife, though, so we weren't stopping.

Maybe one day.

Sigh.

-R

Edited by Mister_Rawr
True Fact #2393: The City of Buffalo was named for Prince Lupin deBuffal. Despite claims to the contrary, it was not named for big, fuzzy cow as had been previously believed.
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
171
[CIAO]
[CIAO]
Members
525 posts
21,479 battles

Spent 2-1/2 years on the Little Rock. It's a neat ship to visit. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,922
[-K-]
Members
6,086 posts
10,223 battles

As a Canadian, I think seeing more Haida pics would be great.

But I'd also completely enjoy photos of the others as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,378
Alpha Tester
5,852 posts
2,864 battles
58 minutes ago, _RC1138 said:

So, embarassingly, I didn't realize how close HMCS Haida was to where I live and figured with a long weekend coming up I will drive up and visit it and the museum, but before I go, anyone want pictures of a particular part/angle? Also, I live near the USS Littlerock/The Sullivans (Cleveland and Fletcher class) so I could visit/get photos of those instead. Anyone have an interest in this at all?

Haida. No ifs, ands, or buts, Haida. Also, you must be from the same part of Ontario as I am since Hamilton and Buffalo are both about a 2-3 hour drive from where I live.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,540
[5BS]
Members
6,682 posts
37 minutes ago, 1Sherman said:

Haida. No ifs, ands, or buts, Haida. Also, you must be from the same part of Ontario as I am since Hamilton and Buffalo are both about a 2-3 hour drive from where I live.

Na I live in the Western part of New York (sorta, near Rome), and I keep meaning to get over to the Little Rock, but this years snow kept ruining any plans to go see it. But I figure we're past that now and since it's a 3 day weekend, it might be worth the tripe. I go into Canada about once a week for work, right up the Queen Elizabeth, and I didn't realize like an hour more along it and I the Haida is right there. For some, very dumb, reason I thought it was in Northern Ontario on the Hudson Bay (like near Ft. Albany).

Also, any particular pictures anyone wants? I plan to get good ones of the hull and the 4" guns.

Edited by _RC1138

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,378
Alpha Tester
5,852 posts
2,864 battles
2 hours ago, _RC1138 said:

Na I live in the Western part of New York (sorta, near Rome), and I keep meaning to get over to the Little Rock, but this years snow kept ruining any plans to go see it. But I figure we're past that now and since it's a 3 day weekend, it might be worth the tripe. I go into Canada about once a week for work, right up the Queen Elizabeth, and I didn't realize like an hour more along it and I the Haida is right there. For some, very dumb, reason I thought it was in Northern Ontario on the Hudson Bay (like near Ft. Albany).

Also, any particular pictures anyone wants? I plan to get good ones of the hull and the 4" guns.

Get whatever you want to. I haven't been to the ship since I was a young child and I want to see how she's holding up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,034
[SOUP]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,278 posts
1 minute ago, WolfofWarship said:

Would love to see loads of photos! Bring 'em all! 

untitled_by_chobittsu_studios-dc73sz4.jp

untitled_by_chobittsu_studios-dc73t0d.jp

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,540
[5BS]
Members
6,682 posts

So I realized, too late, that Haida is not open yet, so I took a day trip to the Little Rock instead:

lu8RdE8.jpg

nHGJjHg.jpg

ckiDwcu.jpg3hIakTs.jpg1QSZa7X.jpgAXpX1wn.jpg

Had the dog with me so I couldn't go aboard but it was awesome to see. The belt is way more pronounced in person than in pictures or ingame. It was great to see the only Cleveland in the world, and (I think) the only US 6" Gun turret left in the world.

Edited by _RC1138

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
637
[ARRGG]
Members
4,863 posts
8,147 battles
On 3/27/2018 at 5:25 AM, _RC1138 said:

So, embarassingly, I didn't realize how close HMCS Haida was to where I live and figured with a long weekend coming up I will drive up and visit it and the museum, but before I go, anyone want pictures of a particular part/angle? Also, I live near the USS Littlerock/The Sullivans (Cleveland and Fletcher class) so I could visit/get photos of those instead. Anyone have an interest in this at all?

Pics of HMCS Haida bridge would be good,:Smile_Default:was on her as a Sea Cadet when she was in Toronto and haven’t seen her since and my next door neighbor were I grew up served on her in WW2:Smile_honoring:thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,034
[SOUP]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,278 posts
1 minute ago, HMCS_Devilfish said:

Pics of HMCS Haida bridge would be good,:Smile_Default:was on her as a Sea Cadet when she was in Toronto and haven’t seen her since and my next door neighbor were I grew up served on her in WW2:Smile_honoring:thanks

When I was there they had it locked up, I did manage to sneak into the engine room though through the deck hatch.
My gramps was on Haida too, sorta, when it arrived in Canada he was there to meet it. Though he was RCAF he helped with a few touch-up chores and a few extra welds. Him and his buddies carved their names into a panel in the boiler room, I woulda broke in and searched for it if he'd told me before I visited

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×