You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Mr_Alex

New Unique Commander coming

45 comments in this topic

[1776_]
Alpha Tester
2,650 posts
5,199 battles

ST. New unique commander.

A unique Soviet commander is added to the game. Andrey Pobedov will have the following improved skills:

Preventive Maintenance:

-45% (instead of -30) to the risk of incapacitation of modules.

Expert Marksman:

+3 deg/s (instead of 2.5) to the traverse speed of guns with a caliber of up to 139 mm.
+1 deg/s (instead of 0.7) to the traverse speed of guns with a caliber above 139 mm.

High Alert

-20% (instead of -10) to reload time of the Damage Control Party consumable.

https://www.facebook.com/wowsdevblog/posts/2043150999344570

• Cool 2

[CMFRT]
Modder, In AlfaTesters
778 posts
2,015 battles

Seems like a good cruiser captain. May start the Russian cruisers when this guy comes out...

[POP]
Members
1,453 posts
17,151 battles
22 minutes ago, Mr_Alex said:

ST. New unique commander.

A unique Soviet commander is added to the game. Andrey Pobedov will have the following improved skills:

Preventive Maintenance:

-45% (instead of -30) to the risk of incapacitation of modules.

Expert Marksman:

+3 deg/s (instead of 2.5) to the traverse speed of guns with a caliber of up to 139 mm.
+1 deg/s (instead of 0.7) to the traverse speed of guns with a caliber above 139 mm.

High Alert

-20% (instead of -10) to reload time of the Damage Control Party consumable.

https://www.facebook.com/wowsdevblog/posts/2043150999344570

Ok nice a Russian captain but what's his claim to fame, goggled him to see if he is famous came up zip

[REVY]
Members
6,142 posts
5,158 battles

/sigh It's always expert marksman.  It's never something interesting like ultra-superintendent, or super-vigilance, ultra-advanced fire training or small-caliber manual AA.

Edited by Sventex
  • Cool 2

[5BS]
Members
6,745 posts
15 minutes ago, tm63au said:

Ok nice a Russian captain but what's his claim to fame, goggled him to see if he is famous came up zip

Like the other Commanders it may be a doppelganger name for another real person, like Jack Dunkirk and Honore (neither of which are, by name 'real' persons).

[POP]
Members
1,453 posts
17,151 battles
7 minutes ago, _RC1138 said:

Like the other Commanders it may be a doppelganger name for another real person, like Jack Dunkirk and Honore (neither of which are, by name 'real' persons).

good point

cheers

[5BS]
Members
6,745 posts

29542250_2043150919344578_71371715381088

Anyone recognize his picture? I'll admit I don't know many Russian Naval Officers post Revolution.

[CMFRT]
Modder, In AlfaTesters
778 posts
2,015 battles
13 minutes ago, _RC1138 said:

Maybe but I'd be surprised if they put a pre-Revolution Admiral/Captain in the game.

Reading about him, it seems like he was pretty instrumental in getting the Russian Navy to start designing battleships... might tie into the upcoming RUBB line... (which is coming at GamesCom this year I believe). Maybe. I dunno. I could be completely wrong. The skills sort of line up: EM and HA do... PM would be odd, but I dont know much about RUBB design... so I dont know how susceptible to having a module knocked out (in game) they would be.

[5BS]
Members
6,745 posts
23 minutes ago, Avalon304 said:

Reading about him, it seems like he was pretty instrumental in getting the Russian Navy to start designing battleships... might tie into the upcoming RUBB line... (which is coming at GamesCom this year I believe). Maybe. I dunno. I could be completely wrong. The skills sort of line up: EM and HA do... PM would be odd, but I dont know much about RUBB design... so I dont know how susceptible to having a module knocked out (in game) they would be.

Well they wouldnt be just adding for testing materials *six* months in advance, would they? That said the new port kinda looks like a Birthday port (cakes ect) so maybe they are getting a way, way head start on September 17th?

[ARGSY]
Members
10,318 posts
6,746 battles
1 hour ago, _RC1138 said:

Maybe but I'd be surprised if they put a pre-Revolution Admiral/Captain in the game.

What you have to remember is that there were TWO revolutions - one in 1905 (note the date on the poster which @AVR_Project posted), and then the events of 1917 that deposed the Romanovs and led eventually to Communism and the USSR.

See also "Battleship Potemkin" (the name of which I can sort of pick out of the Cyrillic characters at the bottom of the poster).

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu

[5BS]
Members
6,745 posts
3 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

What you have to remember is that there were TWO revolutions - one in 1905 (note the date on the poster which @AVR_Project posted), and then the events of 1917 that deposed the Romanovs and led eventually to Communism and the USSR.

See also "Battleship Potemkin" (the name of which I can sort of pick out of the Cyrillic characters at the bottom of the poster).

I am fully aware of that; my family came over to Western Europe on Wrangel's Fleet.

What I mean is that pre-October Revolution military figures are not... welcomed in current Russian Politics. They still haven't fully rehabilitated the Royal Family yet among the majority of Russians (just the super religious who never really fully embraced the Soviets anyway).

Beta Testers
1,234 posts
5,613 battles

Wait, so the German lines just get skipped over in favor of a nationality that came after them and had almost no navy to speak of at the time?!?

[ARGSY]
Members
10,318 posts
6,746 battles
15 minutes ago, _RC1138 said:

I am fully aware of that; my family came over to Western Europe on Wrangel's Fleet.

What I mean is that pre-October Revolution military figures are not... welcomed in current Russian Politics

I did not know this. Duly noted and accepted; thanks for the clarification.

I guess it depends on which side they were (privately) shown to have taken? Who knows? Wargaming's ways are strange - this is the same bunch of people who gave us the Mikasa without giving us a Russian pre-dreadnought to go with it (and there are quite a few which saw action that are NOT associated with Russia's embarrassment at Tsushima, e.g. those which fought against the Goeben in the Black Sea in WW1).

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu

[INTEL]
Members
9,822 posts
27,863 battles

This will probably have a mission. Love doing those. Thanks WG!!!

• Cool 1

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
6,185 posts
10,548 battles
3 hours ago, Sventex said:

/sigh It's always expert marksman.  It's never something interesting like ultra-superintendent, or super-vigilance, ultra-advanced fire training or small-caliber manual AA.

Yup. Just more copy/paste. 

What if they gave a list of abilities, let’s say 4 or 5, and people could choose 2 to use at a time.

[VW]
Members
2,446 posts
14,314 battles
1 hour ago, OstwindFlakpanzer said:

can't wait to get him to 19 points and stick him in the tier 3 cruiser!  

the buggy eater?

• Cool 1

[VW]
Members
2,446 posts
14,314 battles
1 hour ago, Bril01 said:

Wait, so the German lines just get skipped over in favor of a nationality that came after them and had almost no navy to speak of at the time?!?

losing 2 world wars has it's consequences comrade!

• Funny 4