You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Taichunger

How is it possible for one team to have no DD?

32 comments in this topic

[INTEL]
Members
9,806 posts
27,863 battles

image.thumb.png.38886d7b2681680f251102911738f5e4.png

This needs to stop. It's completely unfair to the team with no DD. Either make the DD wait and make it so both sides have no DDs, or make the MM wait until there are a minimum of 2 DDs in the queue. 5900 people on the server at this time.  

Red was thoroughly screwed by this MM. Not only do they have no DD, but we also have 2 radar ships.  No need to explain how this ended. 

• Boring 2

Members
1,484 posts
9,672 battles

Playing devils advocate; your two Emeralds should have played as pseudo DD's with a lot of support, but we all know ideal never matches what actually happens.

Had a somewhat similar match; 1 DD on each team except our Shima was /afk. I told the team: BB's charge into the cap, cruisers follow and focus fire. Then I said, it's all or nothing....and you can guess what happened. Half the BB's went in, followed by all the cruisers including myself. The rest of the BB's pointed their butts at the caps and bailed. What a disaster.

I agree, there are enough players on, that your situation should never happen.

Edited by _Rumple_
  • Boring 1

[CSM]
[CSM]
Members
462 posts
4,614 battles

I would rather have that than some of the games I was in this weekend, 7 DD;s on each team is not very fun.:Smile_playing:

• Cool 1

[INTEL]
Members
7,063 posts
28,893 battles

I have asked for this before. Number of DDs should be equal. Too much advantage for one side otherwise.

• Cool 2

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
10,482 posts

Have these every once in a while... always post into chat, "Cruisers are the new DD" and off we go. Everyone seems to understand sinking that red DD is Job Number One.  OTOH... if you're even at least okay in a DD, that's like yahooeywoohoo time. 

• Cool 1

[CUTE]
Members
5,202 posts
3,461 battles
13 minutes ago, Herr_Reitz said:

Have these every once in a while... always post into chat, "Cruisers are the new DD" and off we go. Everyone seems to understand sinking that red DD is Job Number One.  OTOH... if you're even at least okay in a DD, that's like yahooeywoohoo time. 

It depends on the DD as to the amount of "yahooeywoohoo" however. Some have more fun than others when there are few destroyers in match.

[VW]
Members
2,427 posts
14,243 battles

this happened to me the other day when i was playing benson, i made the other team regret their decision to come to battle without a destroyer. and keep in mind it was a teir 10 radar match, in which case not having a dd is irrelevant.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
19,253 posts
10,908 battles

The MM allows for a one DD difference between the teams. I only have an issue with this when it is epicenter.

[NGAGE]
Supertester
2,088 posts
11,598 battles
5 hours ago, Taichunger said:

image.thumb.png.38886d7b2681680f251102911738f5e4.png

This needs to stop. It's completely unfair to the team with no DD. Either make the DD wait and make it so both sides have no DDs, or make the MM wait until there are a minimum of 2 DDs in the queue. 5900 people on the server at this time.  

Red was thoroughly screwed by this MM. Not only do they have no DD, but we also have 2 radar ships.  No need to explain how this ended. 

It depends upon the mode.  Honestly in standard, this can be a disadvantage as the other team has an HP advantage which is more valuable in standard.   However often it seems that this issue comes up on domination maps.

So while I understand that WG has no intention of making queue times longer and imposing a hard mirroring on DD numbers, I wish at the very least they would have MM chose an appropriate battle type.  2 bottom tier Soviet DDs vs 3 mid/high tier USN/IJN DDs on epicenter (not to mention all the radar ships) is just a joke of a match and a waste of time for all involved.   If it was Standard though it at least is reasonable.   

So something like:

equal DDs by tier/nation/count = Domination

~50% equal DDs by tier/nation/count = Epicenter

Unequal DDs = Standard

Thus queue times could go on unimpaired in the slightest, but the players still get quality matches.

[SYN]
Members
4,921 posts
11,844 battles

Seen matches like this where the one DD was a Kamikaze-R, and he knew what he was doing.

Vision control is king in this game.  When one team has that kind of distinct advantage, the other doesn't stand much of a chance.

Members
9,537 posts
11,898 battles

aigle isn't much of   DD  and frankly 1 DD vs none doesn't bother me that much.  what is worse is     having khaba/tash    plus 1 DD vs 3 stealth DD.  that is net difference of 2 stealth DD, esp in domination mode.      I love being solo  IJN DD though for sure.  :D  

Edited by centarina
  • Cool 1

Supertester
2,169 posts
9,234 battles

What’s really fun is when your team gets shafted with a Khab and Tashkent vs a YY and 2 Fletchers. Fun times.....

[ANZ4C]
Beta Testers
978 posts

let me tell you about the number of times Ive been that one DD, only to see my entire team lemming train in the opposite direction to what I spotted.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
22,419 posts
3,895 battles

First you people say there are too many destroyers, now you say there aren't enough destroyers.

Still sure that there are people on this forum who would say that the OP's picture still has too many destroyers in it.

• Funny 1

[HOTEL]
Members
2,018 posts
7,079 battles

Unfortunately, that 1 ship allowance rule enables 0v1 DD matches. The same situation can occur if you had an entirely CA/DD match (0v1 BB). Cruisers have a 2 ship allowance so you could have a 0v2 CA matchup. Often times the team comp will give a team one extra BB and DD in exchange for 2 CA.

Ship allowances should only occur in niche situations, like a 4v5 DD matchup where each team has 4 cap contesters and the 5th DD is a Tashkent or something similar. Giving teams an extra radar or well concealed destroyer predetermines the outcome in their favor.

I think WG should count CL as a 5th class and start balancing teams by radar and DD concealment.

Edited by awildseaking

Members
376 posts
5 battles

Really taich? you used to be smart? how many hits to the head did you get? It's called ships in queue. Odds are you were the only DD queued up at that time and as such were the only DD to put on the team. 

[WOLF1]
Members
4,327 posts
10 hours ago, Herr_Reitz said:

Yeah, when I see this and the DD is on the other side , first thing I say is 'that red DD is the priority one target!'    

• Cool 1

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

The mafia was out to sea burying their BBabies in Co-Op {No real witnesses} The agile was in a murder Division.

Members
4,094 posts
15,015 battles
9 hours ago, Gerbertz said:

If the MM is going to have a team with no DD, it will always be my team...

With me, if I'm driving a CA/CL or a DD there'll usually only be 2-3 DDs on the Red Team. If I'm driving a BB, 5 Red DDs, every time. AAANNNDDD... On the rare times that there's only one Red DD, I always encounter it and have to deal with it. :Smile_ohmy:

[TF-64]
Members
410 posts
14,597 battles

Got to do that once in my kami R. Reds had an Atlanta. Jokingly I told the team you kill the Atlanta and I'll kill everything else. My team lived up to Thier end but I failed mine. Reds zeroed out before I could take down more than 3. It was a domination btw and I only took 1 cap to boot.