You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Hans_CC

Clan Divisions?

12 comments in this topic

[TF16A]
[TF16A]
Members
111 posts
15,873 battles

After being in a clan I have a few observations 

• If only 7 players can play there are 23 who cannot - 25% ratio to the 30 players in Clan
  • Rotating 7 players with 23 extra's can be frustrating for clan members who can't play all the time in Clan wars
  • Some players control the core team and the other 23 have a very limited opportunity to play Clan wars

Why can't  the game mechanics be modified to allow 2 Clan divisions within a group of 30 players? - this would create a more balanced 50% ratio

[ARP]
Supertester
870 posts
10,933 battles

A single clan can run as many Clan Wars teams as they want. For example, my own clan occasionally runs two teams when we feel we have enough members to do so. However, many clans prefer to concentrate their best players into a single team to give themselves a better chance at winning. 

[TF16A]
[TF16A]
Members
111 posts
15,873 battles

so - 2 teams can play at the same time? interesting

When did that change?

Edited by Hans_CC

[DAKI]
WoWS Wiki Editor
8,209 posts
7,205 battles
26 minutes ago, Hans_CC said:

so - 2 teams can play at the same time? interesting

When did that change?

That was possible since Day One of Clan Battles

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
5,989 posts

Lately, it's been a struggle to scrape up 7 players to go into a clan battle.

There's been a lot of brand-new clans composed of seasoned players passing through the lower ranks.

Makes it real tough to break out of the lower leagues.

[NGA]
[NGA]
Members
75 posts
5,792 battles

About 1/4 of the time, we are able to run 2 teams, one night per week of CW's.  The other nights we cycle folks through.  If we are having a good night, 3 wins and you get replaced.  The max amount of oil per night per player is 90 (3 wins).  To maintain team integrity and training potential, we usually only replace 2 at a time.  On not so good nights, we go 3 games and replace.  All who show up will usually play at least 5 to 7 games per evening.  As the commander, I have instilled this in my leadership team and even when I am away, there are no signs of an elitist attitude.  We have recently also taken into consideration the attendance record of training and scrimmage participation.  This was done to increase participation in those events.

Edited by SubW3
  • Cool 1

[CUTER]
Members
2,429 posts
11,237 battles

Running two teams early on makes a difference.  CUTER has ran a single team all season and it took us till about two weeks ago to catch up to the clans that ran multiple teams early on.

[TF16A]
[TF16A]
Members
111 posts
15,873 battles
On 3/30/2018 at 6:25 PM, SubW3 said:

About 1/4 of the time, we are able to run 2 teams, one night per week of CW's.  The other nights we cycle folks through.  If we are having a good night, 3 wins and you get replaced.  The max amount of oil per night per player is 90 (3 wins).  To maintain team integrity and training potential, we usually only replace 2 at a time.  On not so good nights, we go 3 games and replace.  All who show up will usually play at least 5 to 7 games per evening.  As the commander, I have instilled this in my leadership team and even when I am away, there are no signs of an elitist attitude.  We have recently also taken into consideration the attendance record of training and scrimmage participation.  This was done to increase participation in those events.

The clan I used to belong to only ran 1 team - had no idea you could run more than 1 - it would have solved some issues I think - it just gets frustrating if you have a core team of players who get to play game after game and you have to sit it out. Yes, skill is part of this if you want to play clans but the old established clan members seem to monopolize the play while you sit out. I gave up on clan play for that reason - your system above at least allows players to play with the 3 win cap. The team I was on did not do that...

[TF16A]
[TF16A]
Members
111 posts
15,873 battles
On 4/1/2018 at 8:56 PM, Destroyer_KuroshioKai said:

Running two teams early on makes a difference.  CUTER has ran a single team all season and it took us till about two weeks ago to catch up to the clans that ran multiple teams early on.

Wow - I didn't even think about the diff with 2 teams vs 1 in points etc. Interesting

[TSG4]
[TSG4]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,622 posts
12,361 battles
On 3/30/2018 at 6:25 PM, SubW3 said:

Tactical Strike Group 4 (A, B and C) does this as well.  It really works well and it builds stronger camaraderie amongst members! No-one feels "excluded" and "left out".

[187]
Members
1,253 posts
7,830 battles

Where a lot is missed is anyone can create the clan battle division but only "Recruiters" and up can launch a battle so you need senior leadership in every clan division that is created in order to launch into battle. So if someone with out the power to launch into battle is the division commander he can "Right Click" on a person who is leadership and "Appoint" as commander and he can launch into battle. This is also useful for when your clan has quite a few people on wanting to get into battle you can create a second group and make sure your clan knows as they are destroyed in one battle they should exit the div they are in and jump into the div assembling for battle so when it is full it to can launch. Side Note - No Clan divisions from the same clan can launch simultaneously one needs to enter first into battle then the other may launch....this avoids a clan battling itself and skewing the numbers. 

Edited by C_D
  • Cool 1

[XO]
[XO]
Members
206 posts
8,074 battles
On ‎5‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 9:01 PM, Hans_CC said:

it just gets frustrating if you have a core team of players who get to play game after game and you have to sit it out.

HANS_CC

Been there. Done that. Wouldn't have minded so much IF the team had been WINNING but they were not ! Waited through a string of 6 straight losses before I gave up waiting on that night (2 hrs. no CBs).

Oddly enough the Clan Battle Season had started off just fine - fielded 2 teams and advanced, albeit slowly, through the Ranks and into the next League but once that 2nd team couldn't field enough players we ran into problems. For instance, one evening we had 6 people waiting for a 7th to start a 2nd team and NOT ONE of the six ever got to play ! I suggested we institute a "First player sunk drops to 2nd team" policy that would have given everyone a chance to play but that didn't fly because the "active team" wanted to "play as a team" (and "lose as a team" I guess was the unspoken rule). Clan Leadership did nothing to remedy the situation & interest waned until there were only 7 guys fielding 1 team & if they were 'short' a player or two Clan Battles did not occur. I did notice the "possibly available" players were many of the 6 from that particularly frustrating evening who just didn't want to be bothered with CBs anymore. Who could blame them. 

There were other 'problems' too numerous to get into here but the bottom line was that went off In Search Of a new clan and, now I'm part of NGA-B and am looking forward to Clan Battles again. My advice to you would be do something along those lines, DO A LITTLE RESEARCH ON THE CLAN YOU ARE LOOKING AT & you WILL eventually find the right fit for you. If you haven't already begun the search I welcome you to start with a visit to the NGA website as a first step...

https://navygamingamerica.enjin.com

Edited by CIT_Happens