Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
_Starbuck

Post-Battle chat?

11 comments in this topic

[2347]
Members
296 posts
6,496 battles

Sometimes I wish the in-game chat window would remain open until I exit the battle summary. What I mean is that I'm usually too busy while playing for friendly chit-chat and afterwards I'm not usually confident or outgoing enough just to message someone. Obviously, if I want to make contacts or whatever the avenue exists, but I like the idea of having the opportunity to relax and discuss the game in team chat with anyone who might care to stick around. Maybe it's a dumb idea and most people are in a rush to find the next battle, someone else might just relish the extended opportunity to play the blame game, but I have to believe that a percentage of players might be interested in what I'm proposing and for  those that aren't it would be business as usual as they could just return to port. Post-game chat might add an opportunity to socialize, that little unobtrusive push, that some folks need to get started with contacts, divisions, clans, what have you.

• Cool 2

[ARP]
Supertester
870 posts
10,933 battles

While this sounds good in principle, I have a feeling it would be used mainly for people to insult each other based upon their respective performances. 

• Cool 3

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

I also tend to believe this would become a Vulgar Sideshow.

I think there should be a Pre-Battle Chat  though. {Gives you a real chance to mute the A holes}

[SAINT]
[SAINT]
Members
559 posts
12,048 battles
9 minutes ago, Teahee said:

While this sounds good in principle, I have a feeling it would be used mainly for people to insult each other based upon their respective performances. 

^This^. 

[FML]
Members
2,458 posts
11,856 battles
21 minutes ago, Teahee said:

QFT.  /thread. 

[PSP]
Members
8,130 posts

Other games have this, and also game rooms where one can chat before the game. When used properly it engenders camaraderie among teammates, helps players get better at the game, and builds the community. However, it always seems to degrade when those few bad apples that spoil the bunch for everyone show up. Case in point. This was in game about an hour ago but I think you can see what I mean.

shot-18.03.27_04.07.54-0517.jpg

Edited by Snargfargle

[WOLF9]
Members
781 posts
5,782 battles
3 hours ago, Teahee said:

3 hours ago, CLUCH_CARGO said:

I also tend to believe this would become a Vulgar Sideshow.

I think there should be a Pre-Battle Chat  though. {Gives you a real chance to mute the A holes}

It would be a nice opportunity for discourse/debrief; I agree. Both fine ideas have potential and are thus double-edged. It would be troll heaven and one would have to get judicious with muting to benefit from them. Worth a try, but a zero-revenue effort, so...

[-TKS-]
Members
490 posts
8,164 battles
10 hours ago, Teahee said:

that should be fine because you can just exit out when you want.  I already see people being stat shamed during game and you cant exit out mid game.  

Members
5,579 posts
3,952 battles

In my experience people rarely use the in-game chat to say anything nice. I imagine they reserve whatever niceness they have for their friends.

Members
1,120 posts
95 battles
16 hours ago, _Starbuck said:

Sometimes I wish the in-game chat window would remain open until I exit the battle summary. What I mean is that I'm usually too busy while playing for friendly chit-chat and afterwards I'm not usually confident or outgoing enough just to message someone.

It's been suggested before, I had a thread on this topic few months back, so the idea is out there. But other commenters are probably correct with pointing out that mostly people will just fight and abuse one another in chat. Maybe not so much on the winning team. Possibly, if we had a system that would allow to ban toxic people from chat, this could work, but any such system can also be abused.

Still, this game is severely lacking in social aspects, and this is coming from a very introverted person says a lot. Yet, I'm not sure devs are planning anything of sorts.

Edited by geser98

Sign in to follow this