You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
IronMike11B4O

Uncarryable

29 comments in this topic

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
1,166 posts
13,758 battles

Carry harder!!!

LOL, good match there, except for the loss. Tonight has been terrible for sure.

[ARP]
Supertester
870 posts
10,933 battles

Yeah it sucks, but all you can do is keep calm and carry on. 

[DETN8]
[DETN8]
Members
1,662 posts
18,731 battles
36 minutes ago, CLUCH_CARGO said:

Bad Break but this is common in WG WoWs.

I dunno, man. 7 kills and a loss isn't all that common in my experience.

[SALVO]
Members
19,951 posts
19,898 battles
20 minutes ago, Ju87s said:

I dunno, man. 7 kills and a loss isn't all that common in my experience.

I think that the point was that it's common to have games where you did very, very well, played your heart out, and still ended up losing because your team was, as the title says, "uncarryable".

• Cool 1

Members
559 posts
2,564 battles

There's another thread here somewhere complaining of players that wait until the battle is half over, and then mow down low health ships. At tier 7, 90k damage is 3 cruisers or 2 battleships. Next battle, try killing 7 red ships at the START so your team has a better chance. If you're hiding while they're fighting, that's bad. Since you played a dd, I'm guessing battleships.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[XBRTC]
Members
2,718 posts
8,695 battles
17 minutes ago, 44_percenter said:

There's another thread here somewhere complaining of players that wait until the battle is half over, and then mow down low health ships. At tier 7, 90k damage is 3 cruisers or 2 battleships. Next battle, try killing 7 red ships at the START so your team has a better chance. If you're hiding while they're fighting, that's bad. Since you played a dd, I'm guessing battleships.

Since he's got 130 gun hits but only 2 with torpedos... I'm guessing, uh, not battleships.

Members
559 posts
2,564 battles

Not necessarily. Battleships can dodge torps too. And it looks like each torp hit sunk a ship. That correlates well with battleships that dodge all but 1 torp, as happens often. So the 130 gun hits must have done much less than 500 damage each, including fires. It's easier for a dd to hit a battleship at max range, than it is for the battleship to hit the dd. Maybe not battleships, but still looks like battleships to me. Cruisers would have sunk him, and dd's wouldn't get hit by guns that much. There's also the late game low health ship kill stealing theory.

[4HIM]
Members
2,217 posts
6,501 battles

Not just the number of kills.  Played one the other day where a Beaver got a Kraken.  Think it ended with 6 kills.  But got those kills by going to the NE corner of the map chasing reds.  Took two other cruisers and a BB along for the ride.  Reds took all 3 caps and killed all but the BB and the Beaver.  At one point we had a 300 point lead and were up 4 ships to 2.  But the reds took all the caps once they sunk the only two (by then low health) friendlies that were actually contesting the caps.  So yeah, it's frustrating when your team chokes a defeat out of what looked like a sure win.

Point being, it's more than just kills that wins.  Though one player taking out over half the red team should mean the rest didn't have a lot to keep them busy.  Congrats on the Kraken +.  

[LUCK]
Members
1,652 posts
22,863 battles
6 hours ago, IronMike11B4O said:

I'm done for the night 7 kills.

World of Warships 3_26_2018 10_43_15 PM.png

I feel your pain, I had the same reaction the other night.

[KP]
Members
2,066 posts
19,690 battles
5 hours ago, 44_percenter said:

Not necessarily. Battleships can dodge torps too. And it looks like each torp hit sunk a ship. That correlates well with battleships that dodge all but 1 torp, as happens often. So the 130 gun hits must have done much less than 500 damage each, including fires. It's easier for a dd to hit a battleship at max range, than it is for the battleship to hit the dd. Maybe not battleships, but still looks like battleships to me. Cruisers would have sunk him, and dd's wouldn't get hit by guns that much. There's also the late game low health ship kill stealing theory.

It was a 5 DD match I killed all the red DD's.

Members
2,992 posts
5,204 battles

Sounds like your Monday night was worse than mine, and I was just about to complain about my Monday night. For me, the issue was players around me melting away. I need to figure out how to get myself out of more situations that turn sour. Although I did have one friendly DD lay smoke for me to camp in in my Iowa, to hold of an enemy advance. If only the mechanic still worked that way. But good intentions none the less.

Members
1,626 posts
8,563 battles

I would be interested to see the detailed damage report before I pass judgement. However, I can empathize, there are some games you just cant carry the win, hell, there are some games where even you and your div mates cant carry the win.

[WOLF9]
Members
781 posts
5,782 battles

Which begs the question; what's wrong with changing the earnings (XP & silver) for the top player on the losing side? Not to full Victory levels or break the economy, but enough to offset the loss a little? 

Yet, somehow avoid a participation trophy syndrome.

[KP]
Members
2,066 posts
19,690 battles
39 minutes ago, Kevs02Accord said:

I would be interested to see the detailed damage report before I pass judgement. However, I can empathize, there are some games you just cant carry the win, hell, there are some games where even you and your div mates cant carry the win.

I killed all 5 red DD's a Yorck and Algerie.

[VW]
Members
2,420 posts
14,229 battles
17 hours ago, Curly__san said:

Which begs the question; what's wrong with changing the earnings (XP & silver) for the top player on the losing side? Not to full Victory levels or break the economy, but enough to offset the loss a little? 

Yet, somehow avoid a participation trophy syndrome.

This isnt really necessary, when you play well enough you can still finish among the top 5 or better than the winning team. You wont beat the best winner but can still earn more xp than 80-90% of the winning team. 

[VW]
Members
2,420 posts
14,229 battles
On 3/27/2018 at 9:32 AM, 44_percenter said:

While what you say is true and does occur. You can not get confederate from simply finishing ships at the end in random.

[KP]
Beta Testers
2,529 posts
12,334 battles

Your shooting the wrong ships, that need to be shot, its easy to have it happen, look at that Izumo vid he did 400k damage for a loss, why? because he shot the wrong people at a time he should of been shooting DD in a cap, putting pressure on a ship to move out of a cap or resetting it.

This is why a DD can earn so much with doing little damage, spotting capping, putting the odd torp out there denying the bigger ships to move up, they're doing their job, and getting the xp at the end of the match, all the while a bb sits back and snipes from max range and they wonder why they don't earn as much.

The fact you got 90k plus damage on a loss is on you, you were farming damage like a lot do and not paying attention to what was needed in the match, not once did you cap or reset a cap.  The fact you were in a DD, I wouldn't want you on my team, as your only out for yourself, and not for the team/win

[XBRTC]
Members
2,718 posts
8,695 battles
12 hours ago, CriMiNaL__ said:

Your shooting the wrong ships, that need to be shot, its easy to have it happen, look at that Izumo vid he did 400k damage for a loss, why? because he shot the wrong people at a time he should of been shooting DD in a cap, putting pressure on a ship to move out of a cap or resetting it.

This is why a DD can earn so much with doing little damage, spotting capping, putting the odd torp out there denying the bigger ships to move up, they're doing their job, and getting the xp at the end of the match, all the while a bb sits back and snipes from max range and they wonder why they don't earn as much.

The fact you got 90k plus damage on a loss is on you, you were farming damage like a lot do and not paying attention to what was needed in the match, not once did you cap or reset a cap.  The fact you were in a DD, I wouldn't want you on my team, as your only out for yourself, and not for the team/win

Um. 

You're telling me that this guy killed all five enemy destroyers, plus two more ships as well, thereby making it possible for his own team's DD's (of which there had to be minimum 4) or even the BATTLESHIPS, for that matter, to go into the caps... and you don't want him on your team? Because he's just in it for himself?

You've got an awfully odd view of what constitutes contribution to the team, there. 

If he was just farming damage, he wouldn't have even bothered with destroyers, and you'd be seeing a lot more torpedo hits.

[KP]
Beta Testers
2,529 posts
12,334 battles
1 hour ago, LT_Rusty_SWO said:

Um. 

You're telling me that this guy killed all five enemy destroyers, plus two more ships as well, thereby making it possible for his own team's DD's (of which there had to be minimum 4) or even the BATTLESHIPS, for that matter, to go into the caps... and you don't want him on your team? Because he's just in it for himself?

You've got an awfully odd view of what constitutes contribution to the team, there. 

If he was just farming damage, he wouldn't have even bothered with destroyers, and you'd be seeing a lot more torpedo hits.

Yes that's right I wouldn't, as the OP never saw the bigger picture of going for the win rather than the kills, He failed at the objective in the game, but in saying that his team did the same as well, so I don't blame him solely for his loss, its just sometimes you have to look at points and caps, and being in a DD break off and take those caps back.

I'd rather have 1 kill and a win, rather than 7 and a loss, maybe if he posted a screeny of the the rest of the team and base XP points earned might tell a better picture.