You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Wye_So_Serious

Finally got a Negative Karma I Derserved

68 comments in this topic

[LUCK]
Members
1,652 posts
22,853 battles

I had Kutuzov and was taunting the 2 red Musashi's thru the chat how they can't hit me, typing missed when they did and saying it was junk. School yard nonsense. Well one took the bait and came after me. I Dev Struck him with torps.

Negative karma for that battle. Excellent.

Yes it's childish, that's what I was going for.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 6
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 7

Members
260 posts
14,189 battles
On 3/26/2018 at 8:38 PM, hofmannsc said:

I had Kutuzov and was taunting the 2 red Musashi's thru the chat how they can't hit me, typing missed when they did and saying it was junk. School yard nonsense. Well one took the bait and came after me. I Dev Struck him with torps.

Negative karma for that battle. Excellent.

Yes it's childish, that's what I was going for.

The Karma system and reports is a sad joke, you can get reported for anything without a valid reason just because the other player decides you didn't play the way they wanted. Then they will lie in chat and tell everyone else to report you for something as well. Karma is meaningless as currently implemented.

Edited by BigJohnsonLogan
  • Cool 4

[LUCK]
Members
1,652 posts
22,853 battles
1 minute ago, Sovereigndawg said:

Braveheart taunted the enemy.

Nice, point taken. I did sail away however.

[DPG]
Members
1,296 posts
5,686 battles
12 minutes ago, Elegant_Winter said:

Why do it to begin with though?

They weren't hugged enough?  The batteries in their neck beard trimmer wore out?

[LUCK]
Members
1,652 posts
22,853 battles
12 minutes ago, Elegant_Winter said:

Why do it to begin with though?

I was the guy on the hockey team who coach would put out on the ice to get the other team off their game. I'm good at it.

Members
5,579 posts
3,952 battles
15 minutes ago, hofmannsc said:

I was the guy on the hockey team who coach would put out on the ice to get the other team off their game. I'm good at it.

Right, but what about the people you're annoying? Do you not care about them at all?

Members
5,579 posts
3,952 battles
16 minutes ago, Amenhir said:

They weren't hugged enough?  The batteries in their neck beard trimmer wore out?

I'm not sure I agree with putting it that way. Common courtesy is becoming increasingly rare as it is. It is a worrying thing to observe.

• Cool 3

[RKLES]
Members
8,919 posts
10,828 battles
1 minute ago, Elegant_Winter said:

I'm not sure I agree with putting it that way. Common courtesy is becoming increasingly rare as it is. It is a worrying thing to observe.

Yeah I agree it can be a cause of concern for how the world is going.

[DPG]
Members
1,296 posts
5,686 battles
2 minutes ago, Elegant_Winter said:

If you get off on tormenting people, enough that you feel compelled to brag about it, you're a fundamentally flawed human being.

• Cool 2

[WOLF4]
Members
1,419 posts
3,136 battles

Always wondered what the big deal is with karma. After hearing how it affects nothing at all i wondered why exactly even bother with it?

Not to mention you can lose it for trivial things making it even less valuable.

I wonder if League Of Legends uses their Karma system for anything.

Edited by xalmgrey

Members
5,579 posts
3,952 battles
1 minute ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Yeah I agree it can be a cause of concern for how the world is going.

Indeed.

1 minute ago, Amenhir said:

If you get off on tormenting people, enough that you feel compelled to brag about it, you're a fundamentally flawed human being.

I mostly agree. It could also be a result of how someone was raised.

Just now, xalmgrey said:

Always wondered what the big deal is with karma. After hearing how it affects nothing at all i wondered why exactly even bother with it?

Not to mention you can lose it for trivial things making it even less valuable.

I don't speak for everyone of course but I view it as a simple acknowledgement of my effort. It's nice to give it and receive it.

• Cool 2

[DIEBL]
Members
1,413 posts
16,937 battles
24 minutes ago, hofmannsc said:

Yeah if only half the people here played hockey they might not have grown into full blown Snowflakes gawd I remember those gud days of trash talking

• Cool 2

[WOLF4]
Members
1,419 posts
3,136 battles
1 minute ago, Elegant_Winter said:

Indeed.

I mostly agree. It could also be a result of how someone was raised.

I don't speak for everyone of course but I view it as a simple acknowledgement of my effort. It's nice to give it and receive it.

Its nice to receive but way too easy to lose as well. In a game as fairly toxic as this i don't even look.

Members
5,579 posts
3,952 battles
Just now, xalmgrey said:

Its nice to receive but way too easy to lose as well. In a game as fairly toxic as this i don't even look.

I lose it occasionally as well. Sometimes someone reports you for no good reason.

[WOLF4]
Members
1,419 posts
3,136 battles
Just now, Elegant_Winter said:

I lose it occasionally as well. Sometimes someone reports you for no good reason.

Yes, that's why i don't bother caring about it.

At least forum wise there's no way to lose reputation so to speak. Should be that way with Karma. Just let the reports add up on their own field.

That way there's a way to see karma as something more worth trying to attain imo.

• Cool 1

Members
5,579 posts
3,952 battles
1 minute ago, xalmgrey said:

Yes, that's why i don't bother caring about it.

At least forum wise there's no way to lose reputation so to speak. Should be that way with Karma. Just let the reports add up on their own field.

That way there's a way to see karma as something more worth trying to attain imo.

Makes sense. I'd be fine with that.

• Cool 1

[FML]
Members
2,450 posts
11,828 battles
19 minutes ago, Amenhir said:

Aren’t we all??

[DPG]
Members
1,296 posts
5,686 battles
9 minutes ago, UltimateNewbie said:

Aren’t we all??

Nope, I haven't any flaws. :)

• Funny 2

[LUCK]
Members
1,652 posts
22,853 battles
29 minutes ago, GuntherPrein said:

Yeah if only half the people here played hockey they might not have grown into full blown Snowflakes gawd I remember those gud days of trash talking

Annoying, pestering and frustrating the competition/opponent is entirely a legitimate tactic provided you aren't vulgar, obscene, etc. If it distracts the opponent just long enough or makes them forget about the objective its all good in my book.

• Cool 1

[POP]
Members
964 posts
11,252 battles
6 minutes ago, hofmannsc said:

Annoying, pestering and frustrating the competition/opponent is entirely a legitimate tactic provided you aren't vulgar, obscene, etc. If it distracts the opponent just long enough or makes them forget about the objective its all good in my book.

Unsportsmanlike conduct (also called unsporting behaviour or ungentlemanly conduct or bad sportsmanship or poor sportsmanship) is a foul or offense in many sports that violates the sport's generally accepted rules of sportsmanship and participant conduct. Examples include verbal abuse or taunting of an opponent, an excessive celebration following a scoring play, or feigning injury. The official rules of many sports include a catch-all provision whereby participants or an entire team may be penalized or otherwise sanctioned for unsportsmanlike conduct.  - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unsportsmanlike_conduct

#dashasilentlyjudges
1457170411_tpto5ovjz6c.thumb.jpg.f9748d2dc40145f2597405aa809c545c.jpg

• Cool 1