Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
FrodoFraggin

TK victims

14 comments in this topic

[EQRN]
Members
914 posts
10,997 battles

So much discussion on how to punish players, how about the victims?  The game knows the killer, it should know the killed.  How about not charging consumables, flags and camo for players getting blapped by teammates.

• Cool 1

[5D5]
Members
2,692 posts
16,131 battles

If they did that nearly dead players would look to get TK'd so as to not get charged.

Players used to get silver back for getting TK'd and it got abused so they changed the mechanic when the service cost became a flat rate.

[WOLF7]
Members
11,405 posts
17 minutes ago, FrodoFraggin said:

So much discussion on how to punish players, how about the victims?  The game knows the killer, it should know the killed.  How about not charging consumables, flags and camo for players getting blapped by teammates.

The reason you are not rewarded for being Tk'ed is that it's too easy to exploit. WE used to be reimbursed via the player, but people were purposely turning in front of torps to make extra money...

Welcome to online games, any thing you can think of, the exploiters will find a way around...:Smile_teethhappy:

Supertester
2,171 posts
9,234 battles

Losing money to TKers and stuff like camos and signals is a risk you take every time you hit the battle button. You'd have lost those just as easily had you gotten focused early, ate a random torp salvo, got struck by the CV, or even focused and detonated early on. And all of those are far more common than getting TKed, whether intentional or accidental 

[SALVO]
Members
20,141 posts
19,989 battles
11 minutes ago, 1SneakyDevil said:

If they did that nearly dead players would look to get TK'd so as to not get charged.

Players used to get silver back for getting TK'd and it got abused so they changed the mechanic when the service cost became a flat rate.

I agree, and don't mind when you're talking about stuff you're just paying credits for.  But when you're talking about those epic level economic signal flags (like the Wyvern or Red Dragon flags) or premium camos that are hard to come by, it really, REALLY would stink to lose those because you got TK'd.

I don't know if there's any way to help out the  victims without it being abused.  But it really does hurt to lose such a limited camo or epic signal flag that you can't purchase for a few credits to some TKing jerk.

[VIP-2]
Members
814 posts
2,916 battles

Perhaps we can create a civil process. Such as i could file to sue the team killer to recoup silver, xp, commander xp, and wr points from them.

The jury could be made up of other players, that upon log on must read the evidence provided, and render a verdict.

The judge could be one of the WG staff. This way they would be completely aware of the problems, emotional damage caused by, and game detrimental aspects of TK's.

Repeat high level offenders could be sued for a 19 point capt after a certain number of infractions.

Repeated abusses in a premium ship could result in it be reappropriated to those that were victimized.

We must make WG space safe, for all players, and it never can be while these horrible overpowered instruments of destruction exist......

[TBW]
Members
7,435 posts
13,599 battles

How often are you guys getting team killed? I can't even remember the last time I was.

[5D5]
Members
2,692 posts
16,131 battles
58 minutes ago, Crucis said:

I agree, and don't mind when you're talking about stuff you're just paying credits for.  But when you're talking about those epic level economic signal flags (like the Wyvern or Red Dragon flags) or premium camos that are hard to come by, it really, REALLY would stink to lose those because you got TK'd.

I don't know if there's any way to help out the  victims without it being abused.  But it really does hurt to lose such a limited camo or epic signal flag that you can't purchase for a few credits to some TKing jerk.

Yes it sucks to lose those special signal flags to a TK especially early in the game.

We can't have nice things since everyone tries to abuse the system.

[WOLF7]
Members
11,405 posts
56 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

How often are you guys getting team killed? I can't even remember the last time I was.

Three times in 5 games the other night...:Smile_teethhappy:

Everyone of them by players more worried about scoring than hitting a friendly.:Smile_glasses:

None of them appeared to try it on purpose, all apologized...but in each case I was in the line of fire.

[NAIVE]
Members
36 posts
4,694 battles

Although I never TK human players no matter how bad they play, I constantly TK those AFK bots. I'd rather sink them by myself than leave credits to enemies. I won't call those [edited]victims. 

[RLGN]
Members
10,095 posts
19,494 battles
1 hour ago, Sovereigndawg said:

Sunday afternoon?

Driving a Hatsuharu and crossed behind a Myoko that was most definitely running away from the gap on 2B. Didn’t see him turn as I moved to confront gap runners and ate nearly all his torps...

...oh well. Last time I’d intended to play Hatsu that day anyway. Apologized for making him pink, and just sat back to watch the game.

[TBW]
Members
7,435 posts
13,599 battles
3 hours ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Sunday afternoon?

Driving a Hatsuharu and crossed behind a Myoko that was most definitely running away from the gap on 2B. Didn’t see him turn as I moved to confront gap runners and ate nearly all his torps...

...oh well. Last time I’d intended to play Hatsu that day anyway. Apologized for making him pink, and just sat back to watch the game.

Did you apologize for running into his torps LOL. Nost of my team kills occur because I was sure the other guy wouldn't turn back that way.

Edited by Sovereigndawg

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts
6 hours ago, FrodoFraggin said:

I don't want to get into litigation for compensation. The old method was you got some credits for being TK'd. This was abused heavily and was discontinued. Live with the fact you got TK'd , Move on.

Sign in to follow this