Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Icedemons

Stalingrad

36 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

30
[KSC]
Members
101 posts
12,575 battles
2 hours ago, SilhoutteFG said:

timezones are a thing... the week day time slots for clan battles are when I'm at work, so you're suggesting I quit my job to earn a digital ship?

Id rather just buy the damn thing.

I can't play during the week also because of work.  Yet I have both of the first two Stalingrad  flags.  Not a impossible task.

Edited by tviper2003

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43
[ANZ4C]
Members
189 posts
7,418 battles
42 minutes ago, tviper2003 said:

I can't play during the week also because of work.  Yet I have both of the first two Stalingrad  flags.  Not a impossible task.

So you have never played a clan battles match during the week? Impressive.

Our full clan battles line up is usually only able to play together on weekends. Which leaves very little time to scrim and strategize and getting to the higher leagues requires this coordination.

The Sunday time slot starts for me at around 11am. I'm not always going to be available on Sundays due to outside commitments.

I never said it was an impossible task, but for clans based outside of NA this is a challenge.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
576
[PLPTV]
Members
1,457 posts
9,077 battles
4 hours ago, yashma said:

My rough shower thought of an idea would be something along the lines of a campaign that ran parallel to the clan battles season.  The campaign would would be divided into four stages.

Stage 1 Squall:  Win 30 random battles in Tier 10 ships where you finish amongst the top 7 base XP earners on your team.

Stage 2 Gale:  Win 30 random battles in Tier 10 ships where you finish amongst the top 5 base XP earners on your team.

Stage 3 Storm: Win 30 random battles in Tier 10 ships where you finish amongst the top 3 base XP earners on your team.

Stage 4 Typhoon: Win 30 random battles in Tier 10 ships where you earn the most base XP on your team.  

The reward for completing stage 4 would be one Stalingrad flag.

I'm not sure if this is balanced or not.  Part of me feels it might be too hard, but then I think back to the sheer amount of collective work we've put into clan battles....all those meetings, all those scrims, all those late nights grinding out wins in typhoon....and then I have a change of heart and feel this might almost be too easy.  But thankfully I'm not in charge, so it doesn't really matter.  It's just a rough ballpark.  

This is waaaaaay to easy. One flag should be equivalent to at least 250 tier X matches where you are in the top 3 on the scoreboard.

Multiply that by 3x, thats a total of 750 matches played where you are in top 3 on the scoreboard. If you ask me, thats still way too easy ... but at least this would put WG on the right track.

As for casual players and Co-op ... 10,000 matches per flag therefore 30,000 matches to get the ship. I'd say thats a generous participation award. You can be the worst player in the game, but if you have enough patience and determination to play 30,000 matches then WG should reward you for it. 

Alternatively they could do "skill based" Co-op ... if thats even possible. 500 matches in Co-op where you are in top 3 by exp for each flag. Do that 3x and you get the ship. Seems fair.

Edited by Ulthwey

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30
[KSC]
Members
101 posts
12,575 battles
31 minutes ago, SilhoutteFG said:

So you have never played a clan battles match during the week? Impressive.

Our full clan battles line up is usually only able to play together on weekends. Which leaves very little time to scrim and strategize and getting to the higher leagues requires this coordination.

The Sunday time slot starts for me at around 11am. I'm not always going to be available on Sundays due to outside commitments.

I never said it was an impossible task, but for clans based outside of NA this is a challenge.

 

Outside of a couple days that I had off from work for Vacation no.  I only play on weekends for clan wars.  Was part of the ANKER clan but the 20 or so of us that played clan wars split off to form our own clan this weekend  after issues with the clan leader.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,831
[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

Win the Stalingrad in Random Battles. 

To Qualify Sink 3 Typhoon Players in any amount of battles.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55
[TF-64]
Members
427 posts
15,060 battles

I remember a handful of truly skilled DDs during that first set of ARP missions that would pop out just long enough to be spotted and would drag half the dang team to a useless part of the map away from the fighting and objectives. Those guys won matches with that stunt. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers
220 posts
11 hours ago, Ulthwey said:

I really hope they won't give this thing out to everyone for participation like it's a lollipop. Clan wars takes a lot of time, skill and effort - and good players should be rewarded properly.

Give people Kronshtadt, save the Stalingrad as an exclusive reward for typhoon players.

They should make it widely available to the general pop. Note I did say widely available, I did not say free.

It doesn't matter how much time, effort, and skill CW takes. I'm not sure why this concept is new for anyone.... almost all game companies have learned this lesson over a decade ago. Wargaming are just very very very slow learners. You do NOT reward unique items, statistically, for gated content. Cosmetic is acceptable.  Black....Flint...Salem... Missouri..while these are close to the line... are perfectly acceptable rewards for CW/Ranked.  Stalingrad is not. Stalingrad would equate rewarding (in another game), through gated content, a unique archetype that no one else gets to play. It is asking for your game to bleed population.

For us that spend(t) money on this game, it would still be stupid to not treat it like some kind of investment. Well that is why me and quite a few other very large whales haven't given WG a penny since Stalingrad was first announced as a CW reward, and will continue to keep our wallet closed until it is available to the general pop. Vote with your wallet

  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,038
[5BS]
Members
7,271 posts
10 hours ago, yashma said:

My rough shower thought of an idea would be something along the lines of a campaign that ran parallel to the clan battles season.  The campaign would would be divided into four stages.

Stage 1 Squall:  Win 30 random battles in Tier 10 ships where you finish amongst the top 7 base XP earners on your team.

Stage 2 Gale:  Win 30 random battles in Tier 10 ships where you finish amongst the top 5 base XP earners on your team.

Stage 3 Storm: Win 30 random battles in Tier 10 ships where you finish amongst the top 3 base XP earners on your team.

Stage 4 Typhoon: Win 30 random battles in Tier 10 ships where you earn the most base XP on your team.  

The reward for completing stage 4 would be one Stalingrad flag.

I'm not sure if this is balanced or not.  Part of me feels it might be too hard, but then I think back to the sheer amount of collective work we've put into clan battles....all those meetings, all those scrims, all those late nights grinding out wins in typhoon....and then I have a change of heart and feel this might almost be too easy.  But thankfully I'm not in charge, so it doesn't really matter.  It's just a rough ballpark.  

It could be easier to just set the requirements to hold 2 to 3 of the Nation Emblems and/or 2-3 of the Damage Emblems. That, especially the damage ones, shows you put your time in at T10.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
451
[NGAGE]
Members
1,396 posts
8,042 battles
1 hour ago, _RC1138 said:

It could be easier to just set the requirements to hold 2 to 3 of the Nation Emblems and/or 2-3 of the Damage Emblems. That, especially the damage ones, shows you put your time in at T10.

Too easy to farm up at that point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,521
[CRMSN]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,933 posts
4,261 battles

Honestly the rewards like the 30 days premium and the 150k free xp alone are worth CW for me. The Stalingrad flag is a bonus. I am about 10 win away from getting it but even if i dont il be happy because I got 30 days premium and all that free / elite xp. 

 

So all in all its a great deal for me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×