Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Icedemons

Stalingrad

36 comments in this topic

[SP3AR]
Members
14 posts
9,615 battles

I read on the website, when Stalingrad was first mentioned and a video about it was posted. In the article it stated for "another" way to earn, or get Stalingrad for those who didn't get it in Clan Battles, stay tuned. So now I'm asking what "other" way, Wargaming will we be able to get this awesome ship?

Edited by Icedemons

[HINON]
Members
10,663 posts

They haven't said yet so umm . . . stay tuned. It'll probably be posted in an article on the main page when they do.

[5D5]
Members
2,682 posts
16,111 battles

I doubt it will be available to earn until after the next clan battle season. So figure they'll start letting out details during that next season.

[PLPTV]
Members
1,457 posts
9,077 battles

I really hope they won't give this thing out to everyone for participation like it's a lollipop. Clan wars takes a lot of time, skill and effort - and good players should be rewarded properly.

Give people Kronshtadt, save the Stalingrad as an exclusive reward for typhoon players.

• Cool 1

[CUTER]
Members
3,858 posts
17,886 battles
10 minutes ago, Ulthwey said:

I really hope they won't give this thing out to everyone for participation like it's a lollipop. Clan wars takes a lot of time, skill and effort - and good players should be rewarded properly.

Give people Kronshtadt, save the Stalingrad as an exclusive reward for typhoon players.

Devs already stated on reddit that they WILL give a chance to anyone to win Stalingrad through means different than clan battles.

[PLPTV]
Members
1,457 posts
9,077 battles
2 minutes ago, m373x said:

Devs already stated on reddit that they WILL give a chance to anyone to win Stalingrad through means different than clan battles.

"chance to win" is fine, if it's something like a lottery for 50 random people on the server. I just hope that the other 99% of the people that play this ship will still have received it through the proper means of clan battles.

It would be nice to see this ship reflect player skill in the game, and this ship can only do that if it remains a pure clan battle reward.

Edited by Ulthwey

[CUTER]
Members
3,858 posts
17,886 battles
Just now, Ulthwey said:

"chance to win" is fine, if it's something like a lottery for 50 random people on the server. I just hope that the other 99% of the people that play this ship will still have received it through the proper means of clan battles.

to earn, pardon me

[PLPTV]
Members
1,457 posts
9,077 battles
1 minute ago, m373x said:

to earn, pardon me

Eh ... hopefully they make the requirements something like 30,000 co-op battles. Something so high that if you actually have it, they'd just give you a ship for the time you wasted.

[ANZ4C]
Members
187 posts
7,365 battles
24 minutes ago, Ulthwey said:

It would be nice to see this ship reflect player skill in the game, and this ship can only do that if it remains a pure clan battle reward.

So what about those who only get to play Clan battles maybe once a week thanks to geographic location? They could be just as skilled? I would love the Stalingrad but don't get to play clan battles often enough. Neither do my clan mates.

[CUTER]
Members
3,858 posts
17,886 battles
2 minutes ago, SilhoutteFG said:

I would love the Stalingrad but don't get to play clan battles often enough

Start playing clan battles more until it is enough?

[ANZ4C]
Members
187 posts
7,365 battles
2 minutes ago, m373x said:

Start playing clan battles more until it is enough?

timezones are a thing... the week day time slots for clan battles are when I'm at work, so you're suggesting I quit my job to earn a digital ship?

Id rather just buy the damn thing.

[WG-CC]
WoWS Community Contributors
9,935 posts
8,379 battles
37 minutes ago, m373x said:

The question is "win" or "earn".  The former involves a possible lottery.  The latter involves time and effort (and maybe some blood, sweat and tears).

• Boring 1

[CUTER]
Members
3,858 posts
17,886 battles
3 minutes ago, SilhoutteFG said:

timezones are a thing... the week day time slots for clan battles are when I'm at work, so you're suggesting I quit my job to earn a digital ship?

Id rather just buy the damn thing.

That's unfortunate, I can relate. I guess you just wait for another opportunity then.

Just now, LittleWhiteMouse said:

The question is "win" or "earn".  The former involves a possible lottery.  The latter involves time and effort (and maybe some blood, sweat and tears).

We discussed this down into the thread already.

[NGAGE]
Members
4,361 posts
6,388 battles

My take on the matter is if WG is going to make the Stalingrad earnable outside Clan Battles, then it should at minimum require the same amount of skill, time and effort.  

[CUTER]
Members
3,858 posts
17,886 battles
1 minute ago, yashma said:

My take on the matter is if WG is going to make the Stalingrad earnable outside Clan Battles, then it should at minimum require the same amount of skill, time and effort.  

"set 10 fires to enemy ships" type weekend mission? I'm interested as well.

[NVRDY]
Beta Testers
928 posts
7,852 battles

You know, what if they make the process to earn the Stalingrad like what they did for the original missions to earn the ARP Kongo and Myoko? I don't mean the piddly little grind fest of earning exp, I mean the ones where you had to sink a number of destroyers, or set dozens of fires.

I liked the campaign where I earned the Shinonome, but that campaign wasn't quite as difficult. I think the Stalingrad would be a commensurate prize for a set of missions as difficult as the original ARP Kongo and Myoko missions.

Edited by sulghunter331

[O7]
Supertester, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
11,360 posts
8,084 battles
1 hour ago, Ulthwey said:

Wg said it would require a similar amount of effort. I don’t know how they judge that or if it is just a time requirement and not a skill requirement as well but it will require some effort to earn either way.

[NVRDY]
Beta Testers
928 posts
7,852 battles
1 minute ago, 1nv4d3rZ1m said:

Wg said it would require a similar amount of effort. I don’t know how they judge that or if it is just a time requirement and not a skill requirement as well but it will require some effort to earn either way.

Remember the first ARP missions? How about them for the Stalingrad.

[NGAGE]
Members
4,361 posts
6,388 battles
37 minutes ago, m373x said:

"set 10 fires to enemy ships" type weekend mission? I'm interested as well.

My rough shower thought of an idea would be something along the lines of a campaign that ran parallel to the clan battles season.  The campaign would would be divided into four stages.

Stage 1 Squall:  Win 30 random battles in Tier 10 ships where you finish amongst the top 7 base XP earners on your team.

Stage 2 Gale:  Win 30 random battles in Tier 10 ships where you finish amongst the top 5 base XP earners on your team.

Stage 3 Storm: Win 30 random battles in Tier 10 ships where you finish amongst the top 3 base XP earners on your team.

Stage 4 Typhoon: Win 30 random battles in Tier 10 ships where you earn the most base XP on your team.  

The reward for completing stage 4 would be one Stalingrad flag.

I'm not sure if this is balanced or not.  Part of me feels it might be too hard, but then I think back to the sheer amount of collective work we've put into clan battles....all those meetings, all those scrims, all those late nights grinding out wins in typhoon....and then I have a change of heart and feel this might almost be too easy.  But thankfully I'm not in charge, so it doesn't really matter.  It's just a rough ballpark.  

Edited by yashma
  • Cool 1

[O7]
Supertester, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
11,360 posts
8,084 battles
37 minutes ago, sulghunter331 said:

I don’t make the decision so I’m the wrong person to ask but I’m guessing WG won’t do that again since people complained so much about missions that weren’t simply a time grind. 

[KP]
Members
2,066 posts
19,752 battles
37 minutes ago, sulghunter331 said:

I will never forget having to set 300 fires for the ARP Myoko, too bad everything has gotten progressively easier since then.

Members
637 posts
3,703 battles
2 hours ago, Ulthwey said:

So this game can go the way or WOT introducing boats/vehicles that nobody ever sees? I think you guys should get unique skins with good bonuses but squandering unique ship designs is such a waste.

• Cool 1

[LEGIT]
Members
1,672 posts
24,453 battles
46 minutes ago, sulghunter331 said:

You know, what if they make the process to earn the Stalingrad like what they did for the original missions to earn the ARP Kongo and Myoko? I don't mean the piddly little grind fest of earning exp, I mean the ones where you had to sink a number of destroyers, or set dozens of fires.

Good times.  If I remember there were only the IJN and USN lines then.  And everyone was targeting the DD's, or setting the fires, etc.  Really immersing, and also with limited time I think.

I still think they should retroactively issue some sort of "OG" flag for the Myoko and Kongo 1st missions.  The Kami R was it's own reward though.

Sign in to follow this