You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
NoMalice

Operations not worth the cost.

40 comments in this topic

Members
16 posts
377 battles

Risk of Operations failures is not worth the cost of camo's and signals.   You literally get just about nothing from the play if you do not win, and that being highly subjective to what kind of team you are with results in generally losing credits, signals and camos.

Yeah, I know you players that take your chosen ship and win the game with one shot...but that's not most folks from what I've seen.

And I play without buying anything...guess its Hard Core mode.

• Boring 1

[BOATC]
Members
316 posts
8,579 battles

Losing operations is fairly rare in my experience. Do you play at an odd hour?

• Cool 1

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
4,068 posts
14,116 battles

Bring friends. It's the only way to avoid the random bots and bozos.

• Funny 1

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

OMG Hardcore? Operations are the fun mode. The prefered Grind Mode for so many. At tier 6 and 7 the cost of battle is negligible. To bring in a ship fully loaded with premium Modules and all the flags is just plain silly. Greedy players need to reevaluate their intentions. 

[OO7]
Members
4,313 posts
10,967 battles
2 minutes ago, CLUCH_CARGO said:

OMG Hardcore? Operations are the fun mode. The prefered Grind Mode for so many. At tier 6 and 7 the cost of battle is negligible. To bring in a ship fully loaded with premium Modules and all the flags is just plain silly. Greedy players need to reevaluate their intentions. 

You do know the reason narai was removed was because it was being farmed easily? 

Take your best camo and all the economy flags with a good div on a 3x first win bonus and reap 15k fxp and 50k elite Xp every win.  

Members
16 posts
377 battles
4 minutes ago, CLUCH_CARGO said:

Greedy players?  wth, is there some stigma to trying to improve yourself if you disagree with another players objectives in play?

Members
16 posts
377 battles
3 minutes ago, Ducky_shot said:

You do know the reason narai was removed was because it was being farmed easily? 

Take your best camo and all the economy flags with a good div on a 3x first win bonus and reap 15k fxp and 50k elite Xp every win.  

Guess I'm short the division part.   My best camo and economy flags do not make up for poor and afk players.

[CVA16]
Members
3,168 posts
11,053 battles

Not a great player and my win rate in Operations is better than my random battle win rate, once I learn the  OP and what not to do. My only problem is that MOST tasks and campaigns do not include scenario stats so I make no task completion progress when playing them.

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
22,475 posts
3,895 battles

Raptor Rescue is probably the hardest Operation for players who don't know or refuse to target enemy ships that have torpedoes.

Beta Testers
2,029 posts
17 minutes ago, NoMalice said:

is there some stigma to trying to improve yourself if you disagree with another players objectives in play?

Uh... what??

[INTEL]
Beta Testers
1,793 posts
5,006 battles
21 minutes ago, Ducky_shot said:

vb3TvcT.jpg

[WOLF4]
Members
1,441 posts
3,234 battles

Raptor is a snooze fest.

Killer Whale on the other hand...

[ARGSY]
Members
10,386 posts
6,776 battles
39 minutes ago, NoMalice said:

Risk of Operations failures is not worth the cost of camo's and signals.   You literally get just about nothing from the play if you do not win, and that being highly subjective to what kind of team you are with results in generally losing credits, signals and camos.

Yeah, I know you players that take your chosen ship and win the game with one shot...but that's not most folks from what I've seen.

You need a LOT more practice, unless you have an account on another server. 

I am a free to play player who can't remember the last time his team of random players lost an operations battle - with one exception, when we were having overt, definite glitches a couple of weekends back and I simply could not get my guns to fire at critical moments. I four-star them AT LEAST on most occasions that I play, and I've five-starred Killer Whale twice.

Operations are easy if you keep your head, shoot straight, and don't make silly screwups.

[WOLF1]
Members
4,327 posts

I think I've failed in Operations a whole two times when I've run them.  I run some by myself, and I also love to team with my son (he's 14 and has his own account).  The tier 6 ops I take Graf Spee pretty often.  My son loves BBs, so between the two of us we'll leave a trail of broken ships behind us.  Usually someone in a cruiser with fast firing guns (Cleveland, usually) will finish up badly wounded ships while our guns reload.  Great father-son fun.  Tier 7 ops, Atlanta, Indy, and Nelson are favorites of mine.

As far as not worth the flags?  That's the call of the person using them.  If you don't like Ops, you don't have to do them, but don't be an [edited]and ask for them to be removed just because you don't like them.

[WOLF1]
Members
4,327 posts
18 minutes ago, KiyoSenkan said:

Raptor Rescue is probably the hardest Operation for players who don't know or refuse to target enemy ships that have torpedoes.

Yeah, I always bring Hydro instead of DFAA on Raptor Rescue.  (Graf Spee is a favorite Ops running ship for me)  11-inch AP at short ranges can put some hurt on a DD.  I'm also liberal with torps in Ops, since I can't kill friends.

Edited by mavfin87

Members
16 posts
377 battles
3 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

You need a LOT more practice, unless you have an account on another server. 

I am a free to play player who can't remember the last time his team of random players lost an operations battle - with one exception, when we were having overt, definite glitches a couple of weekends back and I simply could not get my guns to fire at critical moments. I four-star them AT LEAST on most occasions that I play, and I've five-starred Killer Whale twice.

Operations are easy if you keep your head, shoot straight, and don't make silly screwups.

Nice.   Are you another of those players that can win it solo?

I'm more frustrated with those that AFK, trail the fleet out of battle...until they die at the end...and those that dash off and are quickly eliminated to focus fire.  There is nothing you can do about that short of being in a division of teammates or get lucky with the group of players you are assigned.   So far, it has been more frequently a quick loss with very little to compensate for the cost of the repairs, signals and camo.  That is my complaint/whine of the day.

Members
975 posts
1,871 battles

play a ship class that your good at and you should do fine. I can hold an entire flank in newport navel station by myself if I am in my Arizona

Members
16 posts
377 battles
18 minutes ago, AspiringCodger said:

Uh... what??

Resentment at Cargo's implying that I am a greedy player because I disagree with the compensation for a game to which you are randomly assigned a bunch of players with no clue or incentive to play together.

[OO7]
Members
4,313 posts
10,967 battles
4 minutes ago, mavfin87 said:

I think I've failed in Operations a whole two times when I've run them.  I run some by myself, and I also love to team with my son (he's 14 and has his own account).  The tier 6 ops I take Graf Spee pretty often.  My son loves BBs, so between the two of us we'll leave a trail of broken ships behind us.  Usually someone in a cruiser with fast firing guns (Cleveland, usually) will finish up badly wounded ships while our guns reload.  Great father-son fun.  Tier 7 ops, Atlanta, Indy, and Nelson are favorites of mine.

As far as not worth the flags?  That's the call of the person using them.  If you don't like Ops, you don't have to do them, but don't be an [edited]and ask for them to be removed just because you don't like them.

We lost a lot of narai operations. We were doing it with 4 players and the 1 player stayed at spawn. We were trying to do all the damage with only 3 players. I think someone finally did it with only 3 players. 

[ARGSY]
Members
10,386 posts
6,776 battles
2 minutes ago, NoMalice said:

Nice.   Are you another of those players that can win it solo?

I'm more frustrated with those that AFK, trail the fleet out of battle...until they die at the end...and those that dash off and are quickly eliminated to focus fire.  There is nothing you can do about that short of being in a division of teammates or get lucky with the group of players you are assigned.   So far, it has been more frequently a quick loss with very little to compensate for the cost of the repairs, signals and camo.  That is my complaint/whine of the day.

Either I've got lucky every time or I've got enough skill to carry at least my own weight for a (mostly) four star win. 

Members
16 posts
377 battles
6 minutes ago, mavfin87 said:

Sorry if you think I'm an [edited] (or whatever was edited) because I think the compensation for the game was paltry.  I never asked for them to be removed.

[WOLF9]
Members
1,105 posts
4,804 battles
30 minutes ago, NoMalice said:

I understand your frustrations, but why should there be a big reward for losing the operation?

Players should not be rewarded for a team that fails to complete the operation scenario successfully. The goal is to complete the operation and to five-star it. It makes sense that there is a risk/reward here.

From my experience, most teams complete the operations successfully and there is a vast majority that 5-star the operation. I play them a good bit because it is a great way to bank credits and xp compared to the grind of co-op and the frustrations one encounters in random battles when you are on one of those epic losing streaks.

There are certain ships that are better for Operations depending on which scenario it is. Probably one of the most popular ships for the tier VI scenarios which include Aegis, Defense of Naval Station Newport, Killer Whale, and Raptor Rescue is the US CA, the Cleveland, but I have also had fun and been very successful with the US BB, the New Mexico, and the UK and French cruisers, the Leander and the La Galissonnière. Even the Russian Budyonny is fun to take out. And I see people taking German and Japanese tier VI cruisers as well as all kinds of different tier VI DDs and performing well in them. 

And the same goes for the tier VII operations scenarios Hermes and the Ultimate Frontier, although Hermes limits you to some specific ships.

You don't have to run flags and camo on your ships either, but if you choose to do so, and your team loses, I'm not sure blaming the way the Operation works as far as compensation for credits and xp for battle performance is where you should lay fault. Although you may be struggling with this game mode, blaming the game mode itself nor blaming others who are offering advice in this thread is going to help you be successful at it.

If you are having trouble completing a particular OP, division up with some more experienced OP players. I would offer, but I'm not sure I want to play with someone with your attitude. Good luck.

[WOLF1]
Members
4,327 posts
3 minutes ago, Ducky_shot said:

We lost a lot of narai operations. We were doing it with 4 players and the 1 player stayed at spawn. We were trying to do all the damage with only 3 players. I think someone finally did it with only 3 players. 

Sorry, 'by myself' in my case meant with a full group of unknown people, versus the ones I run with my son, with at least one person I know.  Sometimes another friend of his of similar age will bring a DD along as well.  I had work stuff going on when Narai was around and missed that one.

[WOLF1]
Members
4,327 posts
3 minutes ago, NoMalice said:

Sorry if you think I'm an [edited] (or whatever was edited) because I think the compensation for the game was paltry.  I never asked for them to be removed.

Read what I said.  I didn't say you'd be anything for thinking the rewards weren't good enough.  That's your choice to make.  Run or don't run, your call.  Sometimes people escalate to 'Well, I hate it, so it should be gone for everyone!'.  I was commenting on *if* that happened, and not necessarily from you.