You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
BlitzFalcon109

USN Cruiser Line Split; Regarding Captains

18 comments in this topic

[FTWRK]
Banned
560 posts
3,752 battles

So I've actually read 2 different explanations for how many points the captains will have that you get as a bonus when the split occurs. Hoping someone can point out the correct one and maybe elaborate.

1. It is based on the skill points the captain in command of ship has when the split occurs. Not sure on the exact numbers but it was something like the bonus captain would have like 2 or 3 skill points less than the original at the time of split. It was based on ranges also I think. Like Captains with 11-13 points would give you a bonus one with 9 pts. A 14-16 pt captain would give you one with 12 pts or something like that.

2. It is based on the tier of the ship in the line splits. So a tier 9 ship would get a 8 pts captain or something, and tier 8 a 7 point captain, and so on.

Which one is correct? And what is the exact methodology for how many skill points the bonus captain will have?

[TDG]
Members
1,623 posts
7,841 battles

Likewise, I am waiting on an official answer.

I'm currently expecting an 8-point captain on the Tier 8 Cleveland after the split.  A 6-, 7-, and 8-point captain for the ships in the CA line would be interesting.  I actually had not thought about these ships there as I have all of these already.

I'm currently keeping my expectations low on these new ships.  (This has been easy so far with the currently teased specifications.)

Members
1,140 posts
8,387 battles

#2 was how the Russian DD split worked, but since there have only been two such splits in the history of the game, I wouldn't draw firm conclusions.

• Cool 1

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,216 posts
14,135 battles

I plan on putting a 0 point captain in my Cleveland right before the split. 

Do not want my Cleveland captain put into a tier 6 Pepsi. 

[ARGSY]
Members
10,235 posts
6,674 battles

I am currently grinding my way to the Cleveland, and will likely take a one-point captain for silver in hand when I buy her, so he can run Priority Target from the start. He will stay in the Cleveland until after the split occurs. I will then reassess.

[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
3,619 posts
14,767 battles
52 minutes ago, dEsTurbed1 said:

I plan on putting a 0 point captain in my Cleveland right before the split. 

Do not want my Cleveland captain put into a tier 6 Pepsi. 

This is what I plan on doing. Buying Cleveland and putting a one point captain in her. I am hoping that my 19 point captain, who will be in reserve, does not get respec'd to P-Cola. I fear both will but only time will tell.

• Cool 1

Members
5,575 posts
7,121 battles

Notser has a vid explaining what they've done in the past, but they haven't released the info yet.

I can't remember exactly what was said, but running around the back of my head is a 19pt will give you a 12pt, or 15pt.

• Cool 3

[PVE]
Members
14,934 posts
9,477 battles
15 minutes ago, Wulfgarn said:

Notser has a vid explaining what they've done in the past, but they haven't released the info yet.

I can't remember exactly what was said, but running around the back of my head is a 19pt will give you a 12pt, or 15pt.

Notser said he was incorrect about that. You should get a captain at the level of the tier. When I got Ognevoi, when it moved to T8, that was an 8pt cpt. We won't know for sure until the official line split compensation package.

He discusses it at the beginning of this video.

• Cool 1

[RLGN]
Members
10,061 posts
19,468 battles
30 minutes ago, Khafni said:

This is what I plan on doing. Buying Cleveland and putting a one point captain in her. I am hoping that my 19 point captain, who will be in reserve, does not get respec'd to P-Cola. I fear both will but only time will tell.

Sounds like a plan, though I actually wish we wouldn’t get ANY captains. For ‘reasons’ (which have been called ‘stupid’ and ‘insane,’ but I digress,) I’ve never dismissed any, and have too many as it is. I could easily spare some for new ships.

[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
3,619 posts
14,767 battles
3 hours ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Sounds like a plan, though I actually wish we wouldn’t get ANY captains. For ‘reasons’ (which have been called ‘stupid’ and ‘insane,’ but I digress,) I’ve never dismissed any, and have too many as it is. I could easily spare some for new ships.

I'm actually thinking of assigning John Doe to Cleveland just because...

[5BS]
Members
6,738 posts

It was #2 for the Russian DD's, and I doubt they will do #1. I'd love it: I have 19 Point commanders on Cleveland, Pensacola, NOLA, Baltimore *AND* DM, so that would be a nice crop of free 16-17 pointers, but for that very reason, I doubt they will do that. What I'm more curious about is what are they going to do with all that Ship XP? I have upwards of 2 mil on those 4 ships alone, and where on EARTH is it going to go? And all those hulls/guns/FCS's? Am I to expect a big, ~250-300k Free XP boost?

Edited by _RC1138

[RLGN]
Members
10,061 posts
19,468 battles
48 minutes ago, _RC1138 said:

It was #2 for the Russian DD's, and I doubt they will do #1. I'd love it: I have 19 Point commanders on Cleveland, Pensacola, NOLA, Baltimore *AND* DM, so that would be a nice crop of free 16-17 pointers, but for that very reason, I doubt they will do that. What I'm more curious about is what are they going to do with all that Ship XP? I have upwards of 2 mil on those 4 ships alone, and where on EARTH is it going to go? And all those hulls/guns/FCS's? Am I to expect a big, ~250-300k Free XP boost?

To your tier 1 cruisers? To your RU cruisers?

I don’t remember exactly from the last two splits; but don’t think it will be anything bad. Certainly I doubt you’ll get any ‘free’ xp.

I think any modules that don’t convert over get dismounted and put in your inventory. The ‘new’ ships will have to have modules installed.

1 hour ago, Khafni said:

May have to buy NO and Balty again...

...after they turned out to be complete turkeys... (for me at least...)

[PVE]
Members
14,934 posts
9,477 battles
3 hours ago, Khafni said:

I have him for Cleveland and Atlanta just for the extra turret traverse, so I won't out turn the guns.

3 hours ago, _RC1138 said:

The elite ship XP should stay at tier and not move with the ships.

[WG-CC]
WoWS Community Contributors
81 posts
9,823 battles

Thanks Kizarvexis for passing along the updated info on the commanders

[PVE]
Members
14,934 posts
9,477 battles
6 hours ago, Notser said:

Thanks Kizarvexis for passing along the updated info on the commanders

You are welcome. Thank you for your work on the videos. I enjoy them.