Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Belthorian

Allow players to trade premium ships in game.

67 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Beta Testers
3,420 posts
6,264 battles

I think it would be cool if players had the ability to trade premium ships in the game. For example, I am a Russian ship fanatic, I was not playing the game when the Nikolai was briefly available and I want her so bad. If I was able to trade my Alabama for her I would. I would then turn around and buy another Alabama for myself. It does not introduce any NEW Nikolai's to the game. It only changes owners. I do not believe it would cost wargaming any revenue, I think it would increase revenue because serious collectors like myself would be willing to give up current assets to get no longer available assets than turn around and rebuy those current assets. 

  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,096
[NLIST]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,936 posts
10,654 battles

I think a lot of people would buy a bama just to get that ship. That would not be good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
841 posts
4,880 battles

This would disrupt their business model - they want each person who wants a premium ship to have to pay for it. Allowing trading of ships would drastically cut their profits - not going to happen.

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
637
[LUCK]
Members
1,656 posts
23,005 battles
3 minutes ago, Belthorian said:

I think it would be cool if players had the ability to trade premium ships in the game. For example, I am a Russian ship fanatic, I was not playing the game when the Nikolai was briefly available and I want her so bad. If I was able to trade my Alabama for her I would. I would then turn around and buy another Alabama for myself. It does not introduce any NEW Nikolai's to the game. It only changes owners. I do not believe it would cost wargaming any revenue, I think it would increase revenue because serious collectors like myself would be willing to give up current assets to get no longer available assets than turn around and rebuy those current assets. 

The only way that works is if it's a one time event for both players. It would get out of hand quickly I suspect.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers
3,420 posts
6,264 battles
4 minutes ago, Panzer1113 said:

Would open up the possibility of a lot of shady business transactions taking place... not a good idea.

Shady, how so sir? I am not saying you are wrong only that I may have overlooked something in my reasoning.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers
3,420 posts
6,264 battles
3 minutes ago, RipNuN2 said:

Here come the gold sellers etc. Too open to abuse.

Gold sellers? How would that impact a transaction between two in-game players for already purchased items?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers
3,420 posts
6,264 battles
14 minutes ago, Fog_Battleship_NCarolina said:

I think a lot of people would buy a bama just to get that ship. That would not be good.

If the only way to get a Nikolai would be to trade for one currently in the game, it would not be adding any new Nikolais to the game population. Only transferring it from an owner who might not play it anymore to a player that would.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,453
[HINON]
Members
10,708 posts
3 minutes ago, Belthorian said:

Gold sellers? How would that impact a transaction between two in-game players for already purchased items?

 

You hack someone's account and transfer ships to other players and profit.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,638 posts
14,030 battles
1 minute ago, Belthorian said:

Shady, how so sir? I am not saying you are wrong only that I may have overlooked something in my reasoning.

One - instead of just trading you a ship, you I sell it to you and you send back something of little value - you you start having people try to set up multiple accounts to farm events that have ships as prizes, then try to sell the ships.  Things like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers
3,420 posts
6,264 battles
1 minute ago, Panzer1113 said:

One - instead of just trading you a ship, you I sell it to you and you send back something of little value - you you start having people try to set up multiple accounts to farm events that have ships as prizes, then try to sell the ships.  Things like this

I can see your point. You could make it ship for ship only and not allow the option to sell it for in-game currency. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers
3,420 posts
6,264 battles
3 minutes ago, RipNuN2 said:

 

You hack someone's account and transfer ships to other players and profit.

LOL All I can think about is the Big Bang Theory episode where Sheldon's World OF Warcraft account got hacked and Sheldore, lvl 80 blood elf was picked clean. They even took his battle ostrich Glen.

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,096
[NLIST]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,936 posts
10,654 battles
7 minutes ago, Belthorian said:

If the only way to get a Nikolai would be to trade for one currently in the game, it would not be adding any new Nikolais to the game population. Only transferring it from an owner who might not play it anymore to a player that would.

 

Check ur forum messages

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,829
[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

I will trade you two  premium Ships for your {Insert your trade here}

Hey this ship has battle damage what you trying to do here?

Come on its a pixel ship put on some camo and nobody will notice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
290
[NNC]
Members
2,088 posts
9,518 battles

A: a nikolai isnt worth a alabama. Wouldnt even sell my nikolai for all the tier 8's combined.

B: no accounts will get hacked and picked clean way to easily.

 

C: there will be "copy nikolai's" in the game if this happens. Dont know what this is? Look up CSGO skins and the duplicate scam. (Person sets up alt account of which they scam themselfs and the ship travels through a long line of alts meanwhile the main account complains that they got scammed creating WG to give them a 2cnd brand new ship

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,503
[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
6,006 posts

How do you get a Nicholai ??? 

Go on Ebay and buy an old account.

People die.  People move on.  Those accounts remain with all kinds of goodies.

Keep your eyes peeled  -- none available right now..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers
3,420 posts
6,264 battles
5 minutes ago, JessieTheKitty said:

A: a nikolai isnt worth a alabama. Wouldnt even sell my nikolai for all the tier 8's combined.

B: no accounts will get hacked and picked clean way to easily.

 

C: there will be "copy nikolai's" in the game if this happens. Dont know what this is? Look up CSGO skins and the duplicate scam. (Person sets up alt account of which they scam themselfs and the ship travels through a long line of alts meanwhile the main account complains that they got scammed creating WG to give them a 2cnd brand new ship

You are probably right, I failed to account for the people suck factor in my thinking.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
290
[NNC]
Members
2,088 posts
9,518 battles
Just now, AVR_Project said:

How do you get a Nicholai ??? 

Go on Ebay and buy an old account.

People die.  People move on.  Those accounts remain with all kinds of goodies.

Keep your eyes peeled  -- none available right now..

Heck i wonder what mine would go for

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,614
[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
19,399 posts
10,935 battles

I wonder how much real world money I could get for my Nikolai? No it wouldn't be for sale, I was just wondering.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,503
[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
6,006 posts
2 minutes ago, JessieTheKitty said:

Heck i wonder what mine would go for

Here's one with a Gremmy...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/World-of-tanks-NA-Account-Rarest-Tanks-Good-World-of-Warships-Rarest-Ships/162741078783?hash=item25e41fcaff:g:uzQAAOSwHUhaCoHq

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
290
[NNC]
Members
2,088 posts
9,518 battles
2 minutes ago, AVR_Project said:

I already have gremy lol, i meant how much this one would go for. Only ships im missing are yueyang, republique, midway, arkansas, iwaki, all lima's, konig albert, graf zepplin, alabama ST, arp ships

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×