You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Ace_04

POLL: Match Accomplishments

What accomplishment(s) mean the most to you from a team contribution standpoint?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Which achievements leave you the most satisfied?

• Damage dealt/damage tanked
    • Number of kills
    • Base XP
    • Achievement Medals (ie: Confederate, High Caliber, etc)
    • Other (please specify)

16 comments in this topic

[-K-]
Members
6,095 posts
10,230 battles

Obviously, winning is paramount to everything else.  However, since we all grade our own performances in different ways, I'm just curious to know when you are assessing your performance in a match, what accomplishment(s) are most important to you from a contribution standpoint?

[-K-]
Supertester
3,131 posts
7,010 battles

I'm used to high damage games, but I love seeing 4 million, 5 million or 6 million damage tanked when playing my BB's.  

[TBW]
Members
7,383 posts
13,562 battles

Pretty much all of those combined, What makes me feel the best isn't the most damage, kills, xp or ribbons. It is more about how much I contributed to the team. For instance if I have a low scoring game in a DD because I was spotting and using torps to regulate the enemy's movements and the team wins because of it, that is very satisfying for me (well not the credits an XP). I have spotted for the team the whole time before and ended up getting a dnc. We won but that one I had mixed feelings about. My spotting was a major contribution to that win.

In Scenarios, I measure my pleasure in Citadels.

Edited by Sovereigndawg

[VW]
Members
2,420 posts
14,230 battles

it's funny base xp comes out on top, because its a function of damge dealt/tanked. must be the dd players who love to cap...

[UDEAD]
Beta Testers
1,290 posts
12,346 battles

Getting a high base xp is always satisfying, but I think getting Confederate is my most valued award.

Beta Testers
2,029 posts
15 minutes ago, monpetitloup said:

it's funny base xp comes out on top, because its a function of damge dealt/tanked. must be the dd players who love to cap...

It factors in everything you do, so it makes sense to me that it comes out on top.

Members
4,117 posts
8,680 battles

For me, I am just happy if I have fun in the game. IF I am enjoying the game, if it is making grind my teeth trying to dodge those shells, or if I take out the stubborn Red Ship that has been a pain, or if I "run into" one of my in-game buddies LoL @_WaveRider_ here is looking at you shipmate:Smile_honoring:

If I am having fun, then I am happy no matter what my "score" is.

• Cool 1

[USCC2]
Members
4,763 posts

Other: Simply having a good game - doesn't necessarily mean a win (you can have a good game and still be beaten by a better team), but it helps lol. :Smile_honoring:

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,158 posts
9,459 battles

Did other.  Just being able to survive in a winning game.  Doesn't happen a lot.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
19,212 posts
10,893 battles

A match that is well fought but both teams.

Members
4,117 posts
8,680 battles
5 hours ago, _WaveRider_ said:

Other: Simply having a good game - doesn't necessarily mean a win (you can have a good game and still be beaten by a better team), but it helps lol. :Smile_honoring:

I agree 100% Shipmate.

• Cool 1

[BBP]
Members
341 posts
5,783 battles

Kraken, Conferederate, Witherer...  

Basically any heroic medal besides Dreadnaught (that one seems like the easiest heroic medal to earn).  

[WOLF9]
Members
8,758 posts
4,140 battles

Not Achievements because I have to few of the major ones, so can't feel satisfied about the ones I have.

Not damage because damage per se is not a true measure of one's contribution.

Base XP is closest to a measure of your contribution, though team ranking is right up there. 

Also, Bacon.

[-TKS-]
Members
490 posts
8,162 battles

never has been wins for me Potential Damage vs damage is pretty much the only thing i go by.  I like scooting around in dd's and getting these up there.