Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Reymu

Weekend spree

22 comments in this topic

[NG-NL]
Members
5,719 posts
9,439 battles

Potatoes all over, lost a lot Saturday and Sunday. Oh well! Stupid cannot be reasoned with, but it is fun to laugh at!

MO got her famous accuracy back. Apparently the -11% dispersion module got built-in by a bug, adding it increases the dispersion. Have to wonder if WG gonna refund everyone that spent doubloons and/or credits to anyone that swapped/demounted that upgrade (probably not happening).

First battle in Taiho I got the potatoes. After 2 calls to push and take a cap w/ my airstrike waiting on their push (overwhelm the 2 BBs, 2 cruisers, and Lo Yang psychologically), seeing they were happy to camp all match, and all 3 caps under enemy control, I abandoned the 1-sided match and played another ship. Taiho brings out my competitive side, so the players on my team gotta step their game.

Won second match in Taiho, had a proper team this time. The Z-46 was whining about how "bad" I was when in addition to spotting, calculated bombing runs, dueling my CV counterpart, relocating my CV, I was also typing regularly about my bombers' next target, where my fighters are going, and etc. Crybaby DD might want to learn to communicate with me instead of being a salt.

cSLYbUw.jpg

Just bought Lyon, and upgraded Charles with her B hull, and Dmitri's almost unlocked. I'm not enthusiastic about having to play Missouri more to get the credits needed for what now promises to be upgrading a T7 BB,  T8 CL, purchase Z-46 and Dmitri.

Zao's become my go-to for Clan Battles. As long as my clan holds it together psychologically, we seem to be able to win. I enjoy brawling in this CA. Most amusing moment was hammering a Hindenburg from invisifire with HE and after 2 min he finally decides to get behind cover.

• Boring 1

Members
2,992 posts
5,204 battles

Went 19 and 9, saw iChase on the red team Saturday, and thanked him for his work.

Sunday was rough, as it began with a five game losing streak, but then I toom a break, ate a Snickers, and things started sorting themselves out.

[DARTH]
Members
542 posts
12,369 battles

Had a good time, got some wins, got a bunch of elite captain XP.  Need to figure out which captain I should push next ... perhaps my Cesare captain. 

Beta Testers
3,420 posts
6,264 battles

For me, it is not just about losing, someone has to lose. What I object to on the weekend is the large percentage of uncompetitive games. Losing that hard fought game by a few points is hard but I will take that every day over getting beat early because your team has fallen to zero points. Even in a division with clan mates some of our teams would be down 4 ships before you could say boo. We would finish 1,2,3 on our team and be 300 points ahead of the fourth place teammate. When you have that many bad players on your team there is not much you can do.

• Cool 1

[AR15]
Members
432 posts
8,180 battles

Yesterday I didn't have a single close game. I went 3/14 and every game was a blow-out. I think Friday and Saturday I broke even.

[NLIST]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,936 posts
10,641 battles
23 minutes ago, Belthorian said:

For me, it is not just about losing, someone has to lose. What I object to on the weekend is the large percentage of uncompetitive games. Losing that hard fought game by a few points is hard but I will take that every day over getting beat early because your team has fallen to zero points. Even in a division with clan mates some of our teams would be down 4 ships before you could say boo. We would finish 1,2,3 on our team and be 300 points ahead of the fourth place teammate. When you have that many bad players on your team there is not much you can do.

I enjoyed the kill secure on you for 300 damage with my Saipan lol

[CVA16]
Members
2,763 posts
7,544 battles

Actually did fairly decent. Had a few games I did real well in and of course the one or two where it looked like I never played the game and couldn't shoot myself.

Beta Testers
3,420 posts
6,264 battles
1 minute ago, Fog_Battleship_NCarolina said:

I enjoyed the kill secure on you for 300 damage with my Saipan lol

ROFLMAO.....Seeing you on the other team I knew our side was screwed. I think I was in my Scharnhorst, a ship in which I am wildly inconsistent. I can not seem to find my way with her. I have had some great games in her but I have also had some really bad games in her. I know it is not the ships it is me.

[NLIST]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,936 posts
10,641 battles
1 minute ago, Belthorian said:

ROFLMAO.....Seeing you on the other team I knew our side was screwed. I think I was in my Scharnhorst, a ship in which I am wildly inconsistent. I can not seem to find my way with her. I have had some great games in her but I have also had some really bad games in her. I know it is not the ships it is me.

You were a Texas. The urge to blap you was too real

Beta Testers
3,420 posts
6,264 battles
Just now, Fog_Battleship_NCarolina said:

You were a Texas. The urge to blap you was too real

That's right, I was also using my 19 point Montana captain who is spec'd for clan battles so no BFT or AFT so the Texas's vaunted AA was neutered. ALthough I think even fully AA spec'd the Texas would have no chance against the Saipans fighters. 

Beta Testers
3,420 posts
6,264 battles
6 minutes ago, AzureTerra said:

Now to have the spree in the Spee

The Spee is another ship I am wildly inconsistent in. The 11 inch guns are not the cruiser mashers I had hoped they would be.

[WOLF5]
Beta Testers
393 posts
2,772 battles
6 minutes ago, Belthorian said:

The Spee is another ship I am wildly inconsistent in. The 11 inch guns are not the cruiser mashers I had hoped they would be.

I don't take it out into Randoms much but have had some good success in the Scenarios with it

Members
1,636 posts
14,009 battles

Have hit a extended rough patch - lots of losses

Started Friday - First match took out the Atago for bonus, was top tier for once - played a great game, but... game down to one Kag and very low  hp (169) NO, two BBs on reds, 10 point lead, less then 2 minutes left, no chance for BB to get to cap - could have run out the clock, but the idiot NO starts shooting at long range quickly gets deleted and we lost - one of those examples where a player’s actions cost a game.

After that, three more losses - my teams melting - quit for the night

Saturday - First game took Atago out again, tier 10 game.  My side of map we cap, kill three reds, but other side of map we get destroyed... quit for the day after that.

[RLGN]
Members
10,098 posts
19,494 battles

Played Komandorski five times each in Pensacola, (nice,) Farragut, (nice again, all the other Farras I saw were also using the B hull,) and Hatsuharu... (passable, bloody slow turrets...)

[TDD]
Members
1,055 posts
8,556 battles

More losses than wins and I was carried on those wins. Played like crap the entire weekend.

dont know whats going on maybe it's burnout

[H_]
Members
448 posts
9,056 battles

Pretty sure I qualified as a Potato over the weekend.. Was rough, was playing mostly DD's new Fletcher, new Pan Asian t8, new Kiev and could not for the life of me live past the first 5 minutes for the most part.  Was just horrible.  I'm not great but usually can be at least a little helpful to the team.

Pull into cap, doing good, "detected", rut roh Scooby.. all of a sudden I'm lit up like a Christmas tree and have 6 ships aiming at me.. swell.. smoke and RUN.. cause it's all about radar .. my team abandons and runs.. I'm toast. 

Pull into cap, doing good, "detected" pretty even battle with the other DD, run away come out from behind and island and run smack into a Minotaur. deleted.

Pull into cap, etc. etc..   was just a horrible weekend, and of course I made some real boneheaded moves along the way also..  oh.. capping in a Kiev is counter productive, just don't work and never fails I'm one of two DD's and everyone is going " go cap i'll protect you"..  fool me once, fool me twice.. done with that.

Last night, in the z46 and with a shima  I get into B and have a Neptune and a Baltimore I think it was and they were 6k away closing, I fired 8 torps, Shima fired a zillion torps and from two different directions and we didn't hit crap..  and of course I got deleted in the process.   some Days..

So, Sorry to those teams I played with over the weekend.. Nothing worked well for me this weekend. I'll endeavor to do better.   by the way, Like t8 pan Asian, Kiev is fun but have not figured it out yet, and Fletcher .. well I'm hoping after I can upgrade some stuff it will be better, and I like the z-46..

Always learning or trying to anyway..

[VIP-2]
Members
814 posts
2,916 battles
10 hours ago, jdlobo said:

Kraken....in a South Carolina. Logged out for the night.:cap_popcorn:

"Yep, thats all my rng for the night." Adios fellas.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this