You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Gyphon_GF

Kami R just does it for me..again and again

29 comments in this topic

[90TH]
[90TH]
Members
160 posts
14,298 battles
I neglected Kami for a week or so..

One wink at me in port and that's all it took...what can I say..when it comes to Kami I'm easy.

We went for a nice ride along the coast and found some new friends to play with... But I don't think they liked us all that much.

LOL

*Salute*

World of Warships Screenshot 2018.03.26 - 07.10.29.84.png

• Cool 7

[WORX]
Members
3,270 posts
14,695 battles

To bad I did not have a chance to get her, but I have played her in a temporary acct. Wow she is a dream, if she goes on sale again I will snatch her up in a heartbeat. Congrats !

• Cool 1

[O_O]
Members
5,006 posts
11,251 battles

Shhhhhh!

The first rule of Kamikaze R is...we don't talk about Kamikaze R.

The second rule of Kamikaze R is...we DON'T TALK ABOUT Kamikaze R!

Sometimes I need this ship to break me out of a serious funk.  Let's not get sanctions imposed on her for being...you know.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 3

[INTEL]
Members
7,063 posts
28,893 battles

I do the same with Fujin, but yes, we do not talk about Kami (or Fujin for that matter).

• Cool 1

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
10,471 posts
10 minutes ago, desmo_2 said:

Shhhhhh!

Sometimes I need this ship to break me out of a serious funk.  Let's not get sanctions imposed on her for being...you know.

Absolutely, totally agree... those who have her know she performs well... putting things like this out there for others who cannot get her is just asking for trouble...it's tossing the proverbial match into the field of dry grass... 

Kind of like the Ark B... 

• Cool 3

[HYDRO]
Members
2,800 posts
4,579 battles

Nice battle, though I have to confess, you need an equally bad green team at doing damage to hog all that for yourself :Smile_teethhappy:.

• Cool 1

[90TH]
[90TH]
Members
160 posts
14,298 battles

I've been dealing with the label of Seal Clubber ever since this ship hit my port....

Well I think it also may have something to do with me having 3587 Matches in just Kami...lol

lolol.jpg

• Cool 1

[5IN]
Supertester
1,983 posts
9,196 battles
9 minutes ago, Gyphon_GF said:

I've been dealing with the label of Seal Clubber ever since this ship hit my port....

Well I think it also may have something to do with me having 3587 Matches in just Kami...lol

lolol.jpg

Wow, just wow.  Very very impressive mate!  Nice game btw, but more impressive is your nearly 3600 games at 60% WR in the Kami-R!  :Smile_honoring:

B

• Cool 1

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
10,471 posts

:cap_haloween:well... that' s like 3 times the number of matches I have in her... you might want to think about branching out a bit.... like kagero or shinome....

Edited by Herr_Reitz
  • Funny 1

[BS]
Supertester, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
1,534 posts
4,059 battles

Nothing to see here. Please head for the exit in an orderly fashion. Thank you for your submission.

xD

• Funny 1

[-K-]
Members
6,106 posts
10,236 battles
1 hour ago, Navalpride33 said:

To bad I did not have a chance to get her, but I have played her in a temporary acct. Wow she is a dream, if she goes on sale again I will snatch her up in a heartbeat. Congrats !

It's already been stated by WG that she will never be sold again due to being overpowered.

1 hour ago, desmo_2 said:

Yes, let us at least have one IJN premium that isn't meh.

• Cool 1

[90TH]
[90TH]
Members
160 posts
14,298 battles

I spend most of my time in DD's of all sorts... 6k battles in just dds give or take. But Kami is home :-)

more impressive is your nearly 3600 games at 60% WR in the Kami-R!

Thanks!!..... It's strange when you find that one ship that fits like a glove. People ask why I play it as much as I do and I have to say..

It does what I want when I want and how I want......most of the time.

So why push for more at a higher tier that ends up costing me and I don't have to deal with the aggravation of radar through islands for the most part..

*Salute*

[SSG]
Alpha Tester
3,984 posts
9,298 battles
55 minutes ago, Herr_Reitz said:

Absolutely, totally agree... those who have her know she performs well... putting things like this out there for others who cannot get her is just asking for trouble...it's tossing the proverbial match into the field of dry grass... 

Kind of like the Ark B... 

Except unlike a truly OP ship like Imperiator (okay, mostly, I personally eat Nikolai's for breakfast usually) or Kami R/ARP (limited events), Ark and Iwaki shouldn't really be an issue in my opinion. Namely because it's been 2-3 years now - just do what was done with Bama now. Give Ark B and Iwaki unique camo's, maybe some extra bonuses (further increase commander XP to be even better crew trainers despite tier, extra credits, extra free xp, whatever), so that they are still in that way better, and maybe the camo itself stays to those ships so it's visually different so other than in game name, you can tell it's a Beta tester's ship or Alpha in Iwaki's case. And then just sell Arkansas and Iwaki. I don't see why others shouldn't be able to buy the basic ship. Technically we still have the exclusive ship, they'll never have one that says Beta or Alpha and all which I know that's some peoples hang up on it (and I don't recall anyone ever saying that they could never add a regular Arkansas or Iwaki). Which I say as someone that owns both.

And while I'd debate whether or not Kami and the clones are "OP" just as would Belfast, they still have something like Saipan they sell, knife edge as it's balance is, Kami to me is more in that line and it really takes a player that knows what they are doing, and an enemy that doesn't because even though in pretty much every other ship where my MBH and TH rates are above average - Kami R and Fujin are two of the ones I actually have lower than average. And much like Saipan, even if Kami R is never sold again, I think not selling Fujin and Kami is actually more detrimental to being able to fight it because after the tech tree changes when they pulled them from sale - you can't really study them. I bought a Saipan just to learn what it was that was making it so problematic beyond the obvious, and found ways to fight it because of that - much as I still hate facing them. Aside from the fact back in the day the tech tree tier 5 had similar torps and all, having those two ships I know  the strengths and weaknesses, especially were someone not using CE because with it's speed and only about 1.6 km between max torp range and spotted range (assuming no one has anything to up how soon they can spot you) many misjudge and get spotted, not to mention the guns are really just not that good. I honestly don't think that Fujin and Kami should be on the no sell list, especially after some of the changes we've seen like smoke, more and more hydro and radar, etc. 

49 minutes ago, Herr_Reitz said:

or shinome

Much as I stugglein it at times, I love that ship, more than my Fujin or Kami R, more torps, more range, better guns.

• Cool 1

[AXANR]
Members
3,383 posts
17,551 battles
2 hours ago, desmo_2 said:

Shhhhhh!

They already removed her and all her sisters from sale ever again and nerfed the tech tree equivalent (minekaze) into the ground. I think those of us lucky enough to own her are safe from anything further. :D

[SW]
Beta Testers
1,895 posts
8,766 battles

Kamikaze, Kamikaze R, Fujin are the cash cows.

Th Fujin is my best boat so far. high WR and 3 Krakens.

[90TH]
[90TH]
Members
160 posts
14,298 battles
17 minutes ago, StingRayOne said:

Th Fujin is my best boat so far. high WR and 3 Krakens.

Most of these were with Kami

kraks.jpg

[TDG]
Members
1,616 posts
7,833 battles
2 hours ago, Gyphon_GF said:

Very little beats experience.

You have more battles in that one ship than I have in all of them.

This reminds me of a story about a flight of F-4 fighters that managed a positive kill ratio against a flight of F-15 fighters in the late 70s or early 80s.  To make matters worse, the F-4s were flown by Air National Guard and the F-15s were from the Active Duty.  The after action report determined that the F-15 pilots were basically outnumbered, but experience pushed it over against them.  First, it was 8 aircrew against 4 as the F-4 had the Weapons Systems Operator(WSO).  Second, the shooter, WSO, was not also flying the plane.  Third, all the National Guard aircrew had flown combat in Vietnam.  Finally, the 8 National Guard aircrew had been flying together, in the same seats, in the same aircraft, for over 7 years.  They knew exactly what that specific plane could do, and exactly what each member of the team was going to do, at an almost reflex level.

[TDG]
Members
1,616 posts
7,833 battles
43 minutes ago, StingRayOne said:

Kamikaze, Kamikaze R, Fujin are the cash cows.

What are the significant differences between these ships?

[GLF]
Members
844 posts
11,412 battles
1 minute ago, YeOldeTraveller said:

Color

[CVA16]
Members
3,148 posts
11,000 battles
4 hours ago, YeOldeTraveller said:

Paint.

Check out the 2-week ship stats and they are all neck-and-neck. Not much player quality variability apparently. As opposed to the Myoko ARP sisters that for some reason a bit more variable. ( I personally can't be blamed for bringing down the Haguro stats, haven't played it in weeks)

Edited by Sabot_100

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
10,471 posts

The Kami R shall always be known to me as the Pearl ship... it was quite an event, took a whole lot of time when playing free (no premium time) to do everything required an get the number of pearls needed. Quite the event. I generally compare all events since that to the original Pearl event. Perhaps it's OMS (Old Man Syndrome) but not one event since then has met or exceeded that event - in my opinion. 

[90TH]
[90TH]
Members
160 posts
14,298 battles

Thanks..

Yes I won this in the Pearls event. It was a bear to complete but I wanted this ship.