fruitcake2014

CO OP XP problems

18 comments in this topic

Members
20 posts
759 battles

Recently i was playing with my Bogue and had 2 rows of ribbons on CO OP i had 4 kills 8 bomb hits 8 torpedo hits and many others when i won the match i only got 840 XP im not sure if if that's just how it is but im pretty sure i should be getting more.

[UDEAD]
Beta Testers
1,297 posts
12,401 battles

Nope, sounds about right for a really good game in co-op.  If you did that PvP you would have racked up 2-3x more.

[O_O]
Members
5,017 posts
11,282 battles

It is fairly easy to have a really good game against the bots in Co-op, so the XP rewards are lower.

It is much harder to have that good of a game against other players, so the XP rewards are higher.

[WOLF9]
Members
1,086 posts
4,787 battles

That sounds about right.

The rewards and compensation for performance in a co-op game mode are much less than in a random game mode or the operation scenarios.

[O_O]
Members
5,017 posts
11,282 battles
8 minutes ago, fruitcake2014 said:

Still though i was hoping for at least 1500? Think its a bit unfair

Unfair?  How?  Co-op is easy mode.  I'm not criticizing anyone who plays it (I also do from time to time) because I get why Co-op is enjoyable.  But, you will not get big XP rewards there.

[WOLF9]
Members
1,086 posts
4,787 battles
3 minutes ago, fruitcake2014 said:

I had a 6 kill and 133,929 damage game where I also shot down 37 planes in my Cleveland in one co-op game a couple of years ago and got around 950 xp. Forget how much credits, I earned. That same performance in a random battle would probably net over 3,000 xp without any modifiers.

I don't know if it is unfair. Co-op is the easiest battle mode when compared to random, ranked, and even operation.

Members
4,117 posts
8,680 battles
29 minutes ago, desmo_2 said:

Unfair?  How?  Co-op is easy mode.  I'm not criticizing anyone who plays it (I also do from time to time) because I get why Co-op is enjoyable.  But, you will not get big XP rewards there.

IMO Random award system - XP, Credits, etc. is also not balanced as well, you can be the front line player fight the best you can and make a great deal profit. BUT you can also be that one that does not help the team out, hide all the time, do not cap or defend the cap and still make a good profit.

I do think there should be a small adjustment in CO-OP for ship's refit cost, reducing it not as much as Random but a little closer.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
6,004 posts
51 minutes ago, fruitcake2014 said:

Then add camo and dragon flags.

Pay your way through.

Laugh My Aft Off -- Fair????    Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

How fair is it for those poor little bots, who get paid minimum wage to support a toaster and bunch of little calculators running around.  Shame on you for taking such pleasure in killing them off.

• Funny 2

[MEIST]
Members
1,063 posts
4,233 battles
1 hour ago, fruitcake2014 said:

It's not unfair. You are playing against bots.

[VW]
Members
2,445 posts
14,314 battles

play random if you want more xp. some claim to get more xp in scenarios...? otherwise enjoy killing bots and getting less xp.

Members
4,117 posts
8,680 battles
4 hours ago, fruitcake2014 said:

Recently i was playing with my Bogue and had 2 rows of ribbons on CO OP i had 4 kills 8 bomb hits 8 torpedo hits and many others when i won the match i only got 840 XP im not sure if if that's just how it is but im pretty sure i should be getting more.

OP, I best advice I can give to increase you XP in Co-Op is signal flags for one, then as far as CVs when you can Capture Caps when possible and defend them with your planes, I am going to add @AdmiralThunder and @Kizarvexis two of my Clan mates to this conversion so maybe they can add some advice to help you if they want too.  

Edited by Chaos_EN2

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
8,193 posts
14,326 battles
29 minutes ago, Chaos_EN2 said:

OP, I best advice I can give to increase you XP in Co-Op is signal flags for one, then as far as CVs when you can Capture Caps when possible and defend them with your planes, I am going to add @AdmiralThunder and @Kizarvexis two of my Clan mates to this conversion so maybe they can add some advice to help you if they want too.  

Premium account, camo's, and signal flags are needed high tier Co-op. Bouge is only a T5 so the camo and flags are not mandatory nor is Premium time but PT sure will help. I don't CV so can't really speak too much in detail as to what to do in that ship class to increase the credits and XP other than just in general.

4 hours ago, fruitcake2014 said:

Do you have a Premium account? If playing on a free account I can see that being about right for a T5 Co-op (low tier Co-op pays pretty poor). Also, while I don't CV myself (1 game) I have read they don't pay as well as other ship types. I can't see your actual results screen and such but just a few general comments...

• Kills don't generate big rewards; damage does. So if you got 4 kills but only did a small % of the damage to the ships you killed it won't get you a lot. A kill only gets a small XP reward. It is the % of damage done to the ship that earns the most XP. I have had 5 and 6 kill games where I basically was doing mop up duty and didn't earn as much as I have in games with 1 or 2 kills but where I did most of the damage to the enemy bot fleet.
  • What ship types did you kill and what tier were they? If you were in a match with all T4 ships you will make less XP for damage and kills than if you were facing all T6/T7. You get more for doing damage to higher tiers than your ship and less for doing it to ships of lower tiers than yours. You generally earn more for damaging DD's and Cruiser's than BB's too. That is because they have less HP so the damage you do is a higher % of their total HP which earns you more XP per #1 ^^^.
  • Where did you finish on the team for standings? Generally speaking in Co-op you want 1st or 2nd to get any kind of decent rewards. 3rd is ok too but once you hit 4th and lower your rewards really go down.
  • If you have screenshots of the game (the post battle screens with credits/XP/ribbons, details page, and standings page) please post. It might help shed light on it.
  • While I don't CV it is pretty well known that CV's pay out the least of the ship types. Been a complaint on them since I 1st started the game.

Best I can do to help with what info there is. As said I don't CV. I tried 1 game and that was enough for me. I got so caught up trying to run my planes that I didn't see the DD sneak in and torp me LOL. :Smile_facepalm:

Che8wTF.jpg

bI6s1iX.jpg

qVkkA32.jpg

Edited by AdmiralThunder

Members
4,117 posts
8,680 battles
4 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Best I can do to help with what info there is.

Thanks AT, I knew you could help the OP more than I could.:Smile_honoring:

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
8,193 posts
14,326 battles
3 minutes ago, Chaos_EN2 said:

Thanks AT, I knew you could help the OP more than I could.:Smile_honoring:

Not sure any of that is a help but do what I can

Members
4,117 posts
8,680 battles
8 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Not sure any of that is a help but do what I can

I knew you would, shipmate:Smile_honoring:

[PVE]
Members
14,935 posts
9,477 battles
5 hours ago, fruitcake2014 said:

1 hour ago, Chaos_EN2 said:

52 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Premium account, camo's, and signal flags are needed high tier Co-op. Bouge is only a T5 so the camo and flags are not mandatory nor is Premium time but PT sure will help. I don't CV so can't really speak too much in detail as to what to do in that ship class to increase the credits and XP other than just in general.

Do you have a Premium account? If playing on a free account I can see that being about right for a T5 Co-op (low tier Co-op pays pretty poor). Also, while I don't CV myself (1 game) I have read they don't pay as well as other ship types. I can't see your actual results screen and such but just a few general comments...

• Kills don't generate big rewards; damage does. So if you got 4 kills but only did a small % of the damage to the ships you killed it won't get you a lot. A kill only gets a small XP reward. It is the % of damage done to the ship that earns the most XP. I have had 5 and 6 kill games where I basically was doing mop up duty and didn't earn as much as I have in games with 1 or 2 kills but where I did most of the damage to the enemy bot fleet.
  • What ship types did you kill and what tier were they? If you were in a match with all T4 ships you will make less XP for damage and kills than if you were facing all T6/T7. You get more for doing damage to higher tiers than your ship and less for doing it to ships of lower tiers than yours. You generally earn more for damaging DD's and Cruiser's than BB's too. That is because they have less HP so the damage you do is a higher % of their total HP which earns you more XP per #1 ^^^.
  • Where did you finish on the team for standings? Generally speaking in Co-op you want 1st or 2nd to get any kind of decent rewards. 3rd is ok too but once you hit 4th and lower your rewards really go down.
  • If you have screenshots of the game (the post battle screens with credits/XP/ribbons, details page, and standings page) please post. It might help shed light on it.
  • While I don't CV it is pretty well known that CV's pay out the least of the ship types. Been a complaint on them since I 1st started the game.

Best I can do to help with what info there is. As said I don't CV. I tried 1 game and that was enough for me. I got so caught up trying to run my planes that I didn't see the DD sneak in and torp me LOL. :Smile_facepalm:

AT pretty much covered everything. Premium time is a big help in getting more XP. It is +50% to XP and credits and really helps in PvE and PvP. 

Also check out @hangglide42's excellent series in WOWs enjoyment. He is talking about PvP, but the same things apply to PvE.

As most others said, PvE (Co-op) is an easier mode, so you will make less than a PvP battle. A bad PvP battle can net you as much as a good PvE battle. Here are two battles in Graf Spee, about 10 hours apart, with the same flags.

In this PvP battle, I did 6k damage before dying. If the PvE battle, I did 49k damage. As you can see, PvP gives much bigger rewards because it is much harder.

U15Y52e.jpg

x9946PN.jpg

• Cool 1

Members
4,117 posts
8,680 battles
2 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

In this PvP battle, I did 6k damage before dying. If the PvE battle, I did 49k damage. As you can see, PvP gives much bigger rewards because it is much harder.

Thanks, Kizarvexis I was hoping you and AT could give him more advice than I did (and some others did).

• Cool 1