You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
toosonmike

Seven Shimas In A Clan Battle....Yes It Happened

25 comments in this topic

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
402 posts
4,316 battles

We had a clan battle tonight against seven Shimas on the other team. Long story short, the game ended in 3 min. 45 secs. They lost.

Nobody on our team received 450,000 credits, or the 2500 Xp for the win, as a matter of fact, I lost 212,000 silver! We did get flags and oil though.

Total [edited], and should not happen!

Edited by toosonmike
  • Boring 1

[WOLFB]
Members
2,535 posts
10,343 battles

You won, your clan earned point and oil what's the matter ?

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
402 posts
4,316 battles

We didn't get any Xp, or credits, and it cost me 212,000 silver, that's what's the matter. :)

[SALVO]
Members
19,920 posts
19,878 battles
9 minutes ago, toosonmike said:

We didn't get any Xp, or credits, and it cost me 212,000 silver, that's what's the matter. :)

Sounds like you should be submitting a support ticket.

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
402 posts
4,316 battles
1 minute ago, Crucis said:

Sounds like you should be submitting a support ticket.

I think some guys did. I have screen shots if need be.

[XBRTC]
Members
2,717 posts
8,693 battles
26 minutes ago, AlcatrazNC said:

You won, your clan earned point and oil what's the matter ?

WG is doing a thing this season to prevent cheating. If a match lasts less than, IIRC, 4:30... then it's considered cheating. Both clans are on probation.

So, they lost money, didn't get the points they were supposed to have gotten, and now they're on probation for cheating... in a battle that was just poorly managed by the other team.

That's what's the matter.

[SALVO]
Members
19,920 posts
19,878 battles
57 minutes ago, toosonmike said:

We had a clan battle tonight against seven Shimas on the other team. Long story short, the game ended in 3 min. 45 secs. They lost.

Nobody on our team received 450,000 credits, or the 2500 Xp for the win, as a matter of fact, I lost 212,000 silver! We did get flags and oil though.

Total [edited], and should not happen!

Were they all armed with the 8km torps, for crying out loud?  There's no reason that 7 Shimmies should get spanked that quickly if they were using 12 or 20km torps.  It almost sounds like they weren't taking it seriously in the least.  Mind you, I think that one could take 7 Shimmies and make a valiant attempt to win.  But without the threat of CVs and cruiser players switching out their DefAA for Hydro, it's gotta be almost impossible to get a lot of torp hits on cruisers when they all might have hydro, and they know that the enemy showed up with 7 Shimmies.

[SALVO]
Members
19,920 posts
19,878 battles
6 minutes ago, LT_Rusty_SWO said:

WG is doing a thing this season to prevent cheating. If a match lasts less than, IIRC, 4:30... then it's considered cheating. Both clans are on probation.

So, they lost money, didn't get the points they were supposed to have gotten, and now they're on probation for cheating... in a battle that was just poorly managed by the other team.

That sounds like something that could be abused.  I could see some clan using a secondary clan to grief competitor clans like this to try to get them punished for cheating when the competitor clan did nothing wrong and wasn't a party to any mischief.

Plus, it would seem that if WG has done this and made everyone aware of it, a clan that was intentionally trying to throw a battle to the other team would just wait the clock until it seemed long enough for the battle to be considered legit.  Of course, showing up with an offbeat lineup might be considered a sign that some mischief was afoot.  Who's to say?

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
402 posts
4,316 battles
9 minutes ago, LT_Rusty_SWO said:

Thanks for the info, I didn't know about that new rule. Are you saying my clan is on probation? That would be just wrong.

7 minutes ago, Crucis said:

Were they all armed with the 8km torps, for crying out loud?  There's no reason that 7 Shimmies should get spanked that quickly if they were using 12 or 20km torps.  It almost sounds like they weren't taking it seriously in the least.  Mind you, I think that one could take 7 Shimmies and make a valiant attempt to win.  But without the threat of CVs and cruiser players switching out their DefAA for Hydro, it's gotta be almost impossible to get a lot of torp hits on cruisers when they all might have hydro, and they know that the enemy showed up with 7 Shimmies.

They all pretty much yolo'd. We lost one ship, they had one survivor. It was one giant wall of skill I wish I would've taken a screen shot of, but I was busy trying to dodge torps, and I ended up eating two.

[XBRTC]
Members
2,717 posts
8,693 battles
6 minutes ago, Crucis said:

That sounds like something that could be abused.  I could see some clan using a secondary clan to grief competitor clans like this to try to get them punished for cheating when the competitor clan did nothing wrong and wasn't a party to any mischief.

Plus, it would seem that if WG has done this and made everyone aware of it, a clan that was intentionally trying to throw a battle to the other team would just wait the clock until it seemed long enough for the battle to be considered legit.  Of course, showing up with an offbeat lineup might be considered a sign that some mischief was afoot.  Who's to say?

Do you remember back last season, before WG put the minimum time limit in place?

I think times were better THEN. What do you think? Were times better THAN now?

image.thumb.png.a18630b369c9e5322bbb59ad4e97b19f.png

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
402 posts
4,316 battles
1 minute ago, kagero__ said:

Have you checked YouTube to see if you’re in a video?

Lol, never thought of thought...I'd feel sorry for them if they posted it....their chat was not very nice, but I'll just leave that one alone.

[XBRTC]
Members
2,717 posts
8,693 battles
3 minutes ago, toosonmike said:

Thanks for the info, I didn't know about that new rule. Are you saying my clan is on probation? That would be just wrong.

They all pretty much yolo'd. We lost one ship, they had one survivor. It was one giant wall of skill I wish I would've taken a screen shot of, but I was busy trying to dodge torps, and I ended up eating two.

image.thumb.png.f37e6e36f636a4814025025f11f2342c.png

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/clan-battles-s2/#rules

• Cool 2

[SALVO]
Members
19,920 posts
19,878 battles
7 minutes ago, LT_Rusty_SWO said:

Do you remember back last season, before WG put the minimum time limit in place?

I think times were better THEN. What do you think? Were times better THAN now?

image.thumb.png.a18630b369c9e5322bbb59ad4e97b19f.png

Rusty, not sure if you're trolling me, given that you've copied my sig.  Or if you're  serious.

Assuming that you're serious, I actually don't know because I haven't been in a clan since last season, mostly for personal reasons.  Part of me would LOVE to be in a clan, if only to get that single CB's win that would get me those  25 epic-level economic flags (though not meaning to sound overly selfish about it).

[SALVO]
Members
19,920 posts
19,878 battles
13 minutes ago, toosonmike said:

Doesn't sound like they were taking it seriously.  I don't know if it was suspicious or not though.  As the moment, it sounds more like they were sorta pranking you.

[XBRTC]
Members
2,717 posts
8,693 battles
1 minute ago, Crucis said:

Rusty, not sure if you're trolling me, given that you've copied my sig.  Or if you're  serious.

Assuming that you're serious, I actually don't know because I haven't been in a clan since last season, mostly for personal reasons.  Part of me would LOVE to be in a clan, if only to get that single CB's win that would get me those  25 epic-level economic flags (though not meaning to sound overly selfish about it).

Given that I (a) copied your sig, (2) used then / than correctly, and (d) did it while violating the rules in your sig... you can probably assume that I was pointedly noting your own pedantic (and not entirely accurate) grammar trolling. Though, you might also find what I actually said to be a point worth addressing. Who knows?

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
402 posts
4,316 battles
2 minutes ago, Crucis said:

Doesn't sound like they were taking it seriously.  I don't know if it was suspicious or not though.  As the moment, it sounds more like they were sorta pranking you.

Well, either way, they did good job of it.

Also, why the heck can't you report anybody in clan battles? If anybody deserved it, they did.

Edited by toosonmike

[SALVO]
Members
19,920 posts
19,878 battles
5 minutes ago, LT_Rusty_SWO said:

Given that I (a) copied your sig, (2) used then / than correctly, and (d) did it while violating the rules in your sig... you can probably assume that I was pointedly noting your own pedantic (and not entirely accurate) grammar trolling. Though, you might also find what I actually said to be a point worth addressing. Who knows?

It's NOT trolling.  I never troll.  I don't believe in trolling people.  

As for it being pedantic, clearly given how often people misuse then/than (among others), many people need some brushing up on their grammar.  If they don't like it, too bad.  People who call others grammar Nazis are just refusing to accept responsibility for their own lazy mistakes and trying to shift blame onto others.  

Again, as for whether times were better in the first  season than the second, I really do not know, because I haven't been in a clan since the end of the first season.  But it's a very fair question to ask.  It just needs to be asked of and answered by players who have played in both seasons of CBs.

[MIA-P]
Members
659 posts
6,282 battles

I actually think an all-DD team could really work wonders in clan battles! I'd say two Khabas, a Benson, and four Shimas could do fantastic ambush tactics; capping whichever caps are left unprotected, isolating and destroying any caps which are lightly protected, and coordinating torp strikes from multiple directions against the main enemy cruiser/BB force, all the while never getting spotted or giving the enemy a clear picture of where your force is concentrated. If it worked, it'd really shake up the meta! :Smile-_tongue:

[WOLFB]
Members
2,535 posts
10,343 battles
On 26/03/2018 at 6:16 PM, LT_Rusty_SWO said:

This has so many flaws. Now it's WG we're talking about, their logic is often out of my range but if it's true this is totally [edited].

I don't really think it's the reason behind but if it is, this need to be reworked 

[WOLFB]
Members
2,535 posts
10,343 battles
23 hours ago, toosonmike said:

Well, either way, they did good job of it.

Also, why the heck can't you report anybody in clan battles? If anybody deserved it, they did.

CB is supposed to be played in team. Most of the time if you lose it's because they outplayed you that's all.

I understand why WG wouldn't allow report for CB. The only report allowed should be Misbehavious in chat. The rest should be compliment 

Beta Testers
1,944 posts
7,332 battles
On 3/26/2018 at 3:20 AM, Crucis said:

7 shimis are capable of putting something in the vicinity of 100 torps in the water at one time.  No amount of hydro will prevent you from eating multiple torps if they're launched in a coordinated manner.

Still a gimmicky comp, but that much torpedo soup every 2 minutes... The shimmies would likely lose because they would be able to hold any caps... But in a deathmatch scenario 7 shimmies could be unbeatable, especially with no CVS in play to keep them permaspotted.