You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
_ENO_

Mix and match camo?

5 comments in this topic

[0456]
[0456]
Members
2,809 posts
7,992 battles

Got to think about this in another thread and I wondered what the general impression of this idea was to the overall community. 

In the same spirit as customized badges, being able to choose your camo "style" would be a great addition. You would have your series of earned camo names with the ability to hover over them to see their rewards as you can currently. They could be given their "default" camo colours and pattern. 

When you click on that camo, it opens a window with all of the current camo patterns that are available (either all existing camos or just the default camo patterns you have earned). This would include a premium camo pattern if you have it purchased. You choose the one that you like- and it assigns that scheme by default for future games in that specific ship if you choose to "auto renew" or something to that effect. 

Like many others I "suffer" the clown style camo in acknowledgement of the fact it's a game- but there are in fact a few camo patterns I actually really like. A filter could be applied to include or exclude camos reflective of various game themes- depending on what a player has in their fleet. I'm not a fan of most of those, so I could turn it off. Those who choose to use these patterns on premiums or tech tree ships would simply show the default pattern for the camo they chose. Or it would just be bare... as it currently shows.

If I could assign that / those patterns based on the camo appearance as opposed to the reward, I think that would help add another level of customization to the experience. 

As far as disadvantages go- I'm not sure I've ever gained a tactical advantage on someone from knowing that they have loaded a "credit" camo... or that they're getting 250% additional free commander experience.  

If I were able to do that I'd choose that black, grey and orange pattern for almost everything. 

What do you think? What camo is your favourite in appearance?

Edited by Gascan75

[0456]
[0456]
Members
2,809 posts
7,992 battles
7 minutes ago, wstugamd said:

The one that gives the best economic benifits

Sure- but what if you could choose a different pattern and get the same results? 

[C-CA]
[C-CA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,142 posts
4,934 battles

A simpler solution would be to simply let people toggle whether or not they want to "see" non-historical camos. Players would still get the benefits, but without the eyesore. That would be just about the only thing to get me to use some of these frankly, like the "Space" or "Pi day" schemes.

[-AA-]
Members
1,756 posts
6,674 battles
3 hours ago, Landsraad said:

A simpler solution would be to simply let people toggle whether or not they want to "see" non-historical camos. Players would still get the benefits, but without the eyesore. That would be just about the only thing to get me to use some of these frankly, like the "Space" or "Pi day" schemes.

The second premium camo of the Roma makes me cry, but I love the Pi day camo..