You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Squrrelco3

Space Battles?

19 comments in this topic

Members
2 posts
355 battles

So I saw the news about this upcoming "space battles" thing they are lining up... am I the only one who thinks this is a stupid idea? I mean I'm as much a fan of SciFi as the next gamer geek but if they are going outside of the WWII realm I would MUCH rather they go with Cold War or Modern Era ships as opposed to the SciFi stuff. Anyone else have any thoughts?

Edited by Squrrelco3
  • Cool 1

[WOLF7]
Members
11,361 posts
3 minutes ago, Squrrelco3 said:

So I saw the news about this upcoming "space battles" thing they are lining up... am I the only one who thinks this is a stupid idea? I mean I'm as much a fan of SciFi as the next gamer geek but if they are going outside of the WWII realm I would MUCH rather they go with Cold War or Modern Era ships as opposed to the SciFi stuff. Anyone else have any thoughts?

It's their April fool's mode....probably no worse that Bath tub boats....but wasn't really impressed with it. Too hard to see things in that mode with these old eyes.:Smile_amazed:

Edited by awiggin

Members
2,396 posts
8,988 battles
5 minutes ago, Squrrelco3 said:

Its just an April day fun goodness.  Other games do it all the time, nothing wrong with doing something crazy.  You may even like it.

[LEGIT]
Members
1,668 posts
24,428 battles
8 minutes ago, awiggin said:

Too hard to see things in that mode with these old eyes.:Smile_amazed:

Wear glasses.

• Boring 1

[P2W]
[P2W]
Members
916 posts
9 minutes ago, awiggin said:

It's their April fool's mode....probably no worse that Bath tub boats....but wasn't really impressed with it. Too hard to see things in that mode with these old eyes.:Smile_amazed:

Don't lump space battles in with Bathtub Wars, as Bathtub wars were pretty good.

• Cool 1

Members
841 posts
4,880 battles

AS others have said, every year they put out an alternate gamemode for April Fools. You don't have to play it if you don't want to, but they are usually fun and have decent rewards.

[WOLF7]
Members
11,361 posts
9 minutes ago, DESRON10 said:

Don't lump space battles in with Bathtub Wars, as Bathtub wars were pretty good.

Wasnt, I enjoyed that mode...but then it was a lot easier to see stuff...:Smile_teethhappy:

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,795 posts
21,011 battles

If you don’t like it, don’t play it. It’s that easy. 

[BS]
Members
1,376 posts
7,635 battles

They paid 25 full time people for 2 weeks to make the space battle mode.... isn't that insane? yet they can't come up with a new game mode, or new maps etc. And they stuck making premium ships for monthly bursts of cash. They're gunna run out of premium ships, that's when this game is toast I bet.

For the amount of money this game takes in, it does not yield nearly enough new content. I wonder if Warships is subsidizing the failed World of Planes game, wouldn't doubt it. Either way, it seems understaffed in the core game mechanics department, and bloated with 3D modelers.

EJ

• Boring 1

[JUICE]
Members
824 posts
6,375 battles

I am looking forward to the space mode. Bath tub mode was cool as heck though. Sounds like a lot of fun and a good change of pace from the daily grind. Thanks War Gaming!

[TSG4B]
[TSG4B]
Members
2,192 posts
11,684 battles

cant pleases everyone, had to had a couple that NOT HAPPY.

space camo look pretty, I wanted them as perm camo

Members
4,094 posts
15,015 battles

I'm looking forward to the space battles, looks like they might be fun.

Members
4,375 posts
7,091 battles
20 minutes ago, slokill_1 said:

Wear glasses.

Does not fix old eyes.  Wore glasses since first grade and nearsighted and now that I am over 50 - going farsighterd as well and wear bifocals.

Members
2 posts
355 battles

I just joined a few months ago... didn't realize this was an April Fool's Day gig... Having said that, if they have the time to set up random April Fool's Day things, I'd actually kinda like to see a Cold War expansion.

Members
22,302 posts
5,778 battles
On Monday, March 26, 2018 at 9:19 PM, Squrrelco3 said:

I just joined a few months ago... didn't realize this was an April Fool's Day gig... Having said that, if they have the time to set up random April Fool's Day things, I'd actually kinda like to see a Cold War expansion.

Not different enough. Plus, Space Battles is all done with existing assets. (other than ship skins)

The only difference between in-game ships and Cold War versions would be ASMs and SAMs. They would have to come up with new mechanics for guided missiles. As well, it would change the balance between the ship types.