Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
ArnoldSchoenberg

Do you keep Z23 after getting Z46?

17 comments in this topic

[KP]
Members
2,066 posts
19,899 battles

23 is pretty decent I sold mine then bought it back as it's a unique play style with the 15.0cm's. The 46 on the other hand is a super beast only rival it has is the Fletcher for Dogfighting in a cap at tier 9 that being said the 46 will usually come out on top.

[SYN]
Members
15,289 posts
11,987 battles

about the same difference between Belfast and Emerald.

• Cool 1

[WOLF5]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
2,549 posts
32,109 battles

I'm still on the Z-23.  But I'm going to keep it after I get the Z-46.  The Z-23 is a solid boat and I keep all boats that have permanent camo.  Congratulatory (anniversary) camo in this case.

[-KAK-]
Members
98 posts
4,286 battles

I found love with the Maass, the Z-23 never stuck with me whatsoever. I was just a [edited] captain in her though, couldn't make her skills work for me. OTOH z46 has been a beast to play so far. Getting the 3x2 layout and being able to boast a 23k health pool when running SE makes her a joy to play imo.

[SALVO]
Members
20,143 posts
19,989 battles
2 hours ago, USSRichardNixon said:

Is Z46 better than Z23 tier for tier?

Good god, ABSOLUTELY YES!!! 

IMO, the Z23 was pretty good, but not that great in large part because I didn't like her guns one bit.  OTOH, the Z46 is a tier 9 beast with exceptional guns.  I just don't like these DDs with CL guns.  Their reloads are too slow for counter-DD work.  And while they may be good for shooting larger ships, I tend to see that as secondary to shooting other DDs in most destroyers.  But the Z23 is kinda odd in that she has more of the larger guns than the smaller (good anti-DD) guns.  I know that some people like the larger guns.  I'm just not one of those people.

I ended up not keeping the Z23 myself.

[AAA]
Members
621 posts
7,137 battles

As a rule I tend to keep t6 and above. There are exceptions. Fargut got cut because it’s toros aren’t that good and Mahan has more health and better torps. CO because it’s so slow. Algérie nothing more. Leander- just didn’t click. But kept Fiji even though Ed is very similar. 

Not there yet but I’ll keeo the z23 even as I move on. 

[RUST]
Beta Testers
514 posts
4,682 battles

The Z23 felt like a Mass with worse matchmaking to me, especially since the 150s didn't fit my play style.  The 46 was definitely a step up, but in the end I didn't care for either and sold them both.  If you enjoy them and feel like you'll play them in randoms or ranked keep them, otherwise the Z-52 is a lot of fun so don't feel bad about using the 23 and 46 to fund getting that later on.

[PLPTV]
Members
1,457 posts
9,077 battles
3 hours ago, USSRichardNixon said:

Is Z46 better than Z23 tier for tier?

I kept the Gaede, Z-23 and Z-52. No sense in keeping Z-46 since Z-52 is a straight up upgrade in all parameters. As for the Gaede and Z-23, they only need 13 points (on the captain) to be effective in battle, plus those 6" guns are brutal in a DD on DD duel. For tier 6 and tier 8, they are very efficient ships to have in terms the time needed to train a captain for them.

Members
760 posts
7,021 battles
4 minutes ago, evilleMonkeigh said:

Z46. Sell Z23.  Buy a Lo Yang if you enjoy T8MM and like hydro.

This man has a point.

I didn't hate the 23 - but other than the speed at which the torpedoes reload, the Lo Yang is in every way a better boat than the 23.

I did end up keeping the 23 (have the anniversary camo for it) - but it rusts with no commander onboard, and hasn't been run since I moved on to the 46 (which likewise hasn't been run since the purchase of the 52).

Its your call, of course - if you need the credits or modules, then sell it - you are very, very unlikely to miss it after you move on to the 46.  And though it doesn't make a great deal of financial sense - you could always repurchase it should you find you miss it - but my bet is you won't.

[SPF]
Members
109 posts
11,006 battles
5 hours ago, Ulthwey said:

No sense in keeping Z-46 since Z-52 is a straight up upgrade in all parameters. 

Not quite. Z46 has better concealment, tighter turning circle and better gun dispersion than z52. 

[KOOKS]
Alpha Tester
2,841 posts
4,855 battles

If I reach the Z-23 and would go up to Z-46, I'd keep the Z-23 anyway...because of anniversary paint...

[O_O]
Members
5,017 posts
11,282 battles

I'll be keeping her simply because it has a free permanent camo.

[CRMSN]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,858 posts
4,162 battles

I tend to keep ships that actually existed, but Z-46 is light years better then 23. 

Sign in to follow this