You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
BrushWolf

Aigle Captains Skills

14 comments in this topic

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
19,399 posts
10,935 battles

Just finished the marathon yesterday and a few thoughts on how to spend your points. You are a gunboat so you need EM because the turrets are slow but being a DD and one that loses its engine and rudder if someone looks at you cross eyed you need Last Stand and you need both right away. This means you need 12 points instead of the usual 10 for the initial setup.

• Cool 1

[SYN]
Members
15,290 posts
11,987 battles

yeah

Aigle plays much the same as Anshan and Fushun. You need 12pts to get it to a competitive level, which is a lot of XP, if you don't have spare XP laying around.

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
775 posts
6,779 battles

Last stand first. EM can come later as you can move to make guns work, you can't move if disabled. 

Id take SE as well over BFT as you become a mini khaba at t6.

Some advocate IFHE after CE with the 139 mm guns but i went torp reload, SE, and BFT. 

Many nice diverse ways to build this DD. great fire start chance as well. 

[VIP-2]
Members
814 posts
2,919 battles

Mine has been unorthodox so far. I used honore with target, em, demo, conceal.

He definately could use different skills, but rarely do i find myself missing  typical destroyer skills. All the modules break at once, and the repair comes back fast, but must be used carefully.

Many games i have influenced by popping smoke infront of a push and punishing the aggressors.

She draws fire and dodges well when firing in open protecting less manuverable allies getting focused.

Only problem i have had is dying regular to torpedoes in smoke when capping. This is totally my fault positioning wise.

It is playing super aggro, and i like it. I am trying to train honore for something else, but if she keeps performing like this, might leave it this way

[4HIM]
Members
2,225 posts
6,552 battles

I also use Honore.  Took MBM2 to speed turret traverse. Impact on reload isn't horrid.  But I took PT, LS, SE, and CE.  Next two will be EM.  Those turrets need all the WD-40 they can get.

[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
3,628 posts
14,838 battles
7 minutes ago, ZARDOZ_II said:

I also use Honore.  Took MBM2 to speed turret traverse. Impact on reload isn't horrid.  But I took PT, LS, SE, and CE.  Next two will be EM.  Those turrets need all the WD-40 they can get.

This is my 12 pt captain as well. Will be setting her up to Honore's strengths. That means my next two will likely go to AR.

Edited by Khafni

Beta Testers
1,143 posts
3,273 battles

I've also recently unlocked Agile, and only have the L6 cmdr on it so no CE yet. I did opt for LS, and haven't noticed the sluggish turrets thus far; but I am a CACL/BB player (IJN for both) so their still WD40 quick in comparison. 

My De Grasse cmdr, on Agile, has had too much trouble though. I'm weird and I opted for AFT/BFT over CE/SI, the lack of additional consumables is quite noticeable. But the absence of CE, not so much; at least when not solo attempting caps. 

But going back to predominantly playing Cruiser, I'm comfortable with weaker concealment during Cap Contests since that's the "norm" in Cruisers. CE would help wonders in that regard, but since I'm GunBote-ing from smoke or behind cover, it's not so bad. 

Edit: I play her similar to an RNCL. 

Edited by Ivlerlin

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
19,399 posts
10,935 battles
35 minutes ago, Ivlerlin said:

I've also recently unlocked Agile, and only have the L6 cmdr on it so no CE yet. I did opt for LS, and haven't noticed the sluggish turrets thus far; but I am a CACL/BB player (IJN for both) so their still WD40 quick in comparison. 

My De Grasse cmdr, on Agile, has had too much trouble though. I'm weird and I opted for AFT/BFT over CE/SI, the lack of additional consumables is quite noticeable. But the absence of CE, not so much; at least when not solo attempting caps. 

But going back to predominantly playing Cruiser, I'm comfortable with weaker concealment during Cap Contests since that's the "norm" in Cruisers. CE would help wonders in that regard, but since I'm GunBote-ing from smoke or behind cover, it's not so bad. 

Edit: I play her similar to an RNCL. 

Any French cruiser captain will do fine in the Aigle as long as they have last stand.

[FTWRK]
Members
381 posts
10,037 battles

Mine currently has 12 points : Priority target , Expert marksman, Last stand, Basic firing training , And concealment expert. My other 7 points I'm debating : Preventative maintenance, Adrenaline rush , Radio location , OR : survival expert + radio location  OR : Survival expert, Superintendant, preventative maintenance. It's a tough choice.

Edit: The adrenaline rush combo would include the special French captain, but I really don't want to sacrifice survival expert... any thoughts?

Edited by The_Grand_One

Beta Testers
1,143 posts
3,273 battles
2 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

Any French cruiser captain will do fine in the Aigle as long as they have last stand.

Forgot to mention I don't have LS on my CL cmdr, he's got EM. 

[SALVO]
Members
20,165 posts
20,016 battles
6 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

Exactly what I've done.  I first put my Martel captain in the Aigle (who then became my Saint-Louis captain).  And he has LS, because the Martel definitely needed it.  I don't know if the StL needs it or not, because that captain had LS already when I transferred him ever, and saw no reason to respect, given that I'd read some people saying that they thought that it would be useful on her.  

[SALVO]
Members
20,165 posts
20,016 battles
6 minutes ago, Ivlerlin said:

Forgot to mention I don't have LS on my CL cmdr, he's got EM. 

LS doesn't seem important on the French ships until you reach the Martel and I think the StLouis.  OTOH, I've read that the Henri IV doesn't need LS, so I might respect it off my captain when I move him to the H4 eventually.

Beta Testers
1,143 posts
3,273 battles
6 minutes ago, Crucis said:

LS doesn't seem important on the French ships until you reach the Martel and I think the StLouis.  OTOH, I've read that the Henri IV doesn't need LS, so I might respect it off my captain when I move him to the H4 eventually.

There's the same thing going on for K-berg to Yorck for the KM line. If I had points to spare (usually run 3xT4 cmdrs) I probably would have LS on all my cruisers to save DCP CDs. 

Not sure what I'll do once I head down the French Lines. At the moment all I have are the Prems and Bretagne (won the contract / former prem).

The most useful skills regardless of class are PT, PM, LS, EM, SI, Vig, and CE. All ships if they have points to spare will greatly benefit from taking them. LS on a BB, is probably the farthest stretch for "usefulness" but again in the event that Propulsion or Rudder gets knocked out that's one DCP CD saved.