Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
desmo_2

Farragut is also OP. That is all.

12 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

1,764
[O_O]
Members
5,017 posts
11,284 battles

I have long known Clemson to be a dirty, filthy, over-powered GOD for it's tier (jus' kiddin', sweety, I will love you always! *smooch*).

Somehow, when I initially went through the US DD's, I didn't think anything else was noteworthy until the mighty Benson and Fletcher.  I don't recall thinking much of the "Ferret gut" or "Fa%-a-rut" (insert G for %..."not that there's anything wrong with that!")

Hmmph.  I re-bought Farragut ages ago (or probably re-obtained for free?) when I earned the permanent Type 12 camo for her.  Still didn't bother to play her much.

A few games re-visiting old girl, and...

...DAYUM!!!  Old "Ferret-gut" isn't to be messed with!  :Smile_ohmy: 

Great guns, great smoke, good torps...and GREAT GUNS!  This ship is beast.  Perhaps not Clemson- level beast, but bad-:etc_swear:, nonetheless!

Edited by desmo_2
  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,472
[HYDRO]
Members
2,840 posts
4,592 battles

Farragut is pretty good true, but also Nicholas is overlooked often. Been helping a friend of mine get his T6 and was playing it with Concealment Expert; it gets your detection as low as 5.8km, so Benson levels. That ship, at that tier and with that detection can dictate fights and be an unbelievable nuisance to anyone.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,154
[SALVO]
Members
20,153 posts
20,002 battles
1 hour ago, desmo_2 said:

I have long known Clemson to be a dirty, filthy, over-powered GOD for it's tier (jus' kiddin', sweety, I will love you always! *smooch*).

Somehow, when I initially went through the US DD's, I didn't think anything else was noteworthy until the mighty Benson and Fletcher.  I don't recall thinking much of the "Ferret gut" or "Fa%-a-rut" (insert G for %..."not that there's anything wrong with that!")

Hmmph.  I re-bought Farragut ages ago (or probably re-obtained for free?) when I earned the permanent Type 12 camo for her.  Still didn't bother to play her much.

A few games re-visiting old girl, and...

...DAYUM!!!  Old "Ferret-gut" isn't to be messed with!  :Smile_ohmy: 

Great guns, great smoke, good torps...and GREAT GUNS!  This ship is beast.  Perhaps not Clemson- level beast, but bad-:etc_swear:, nonetheless!

Not sure how good the Farragut's torps really are.  I have a hard time thinking any torps as being good if I can't stealth torp with them.

 

Aside from that one flaw, the Farragut is a very normal USN DD that should be a fine cap brawler, unless it has to face tier 8 DD with the concealment module, and then she'll be outspotted like crazy.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19
[IBAD]
[IBAD]
Beta Testers
121 posts
3,557 battles

I don't know why but I had such a hard time in the Farragut. Mahan has been ok, but I just could never get her playstyle down.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,326
[CUTE]
Members
5,202 posts
3,461 battles

I had a good time in all the USN destroyers. F-Gut is a blast and it's kinda under rated IMO. The 6.4km torps hit hard and ambush tactics fit her well. Had a few 0 kill confederates in her actually, as well as a 6 kill Ranked match. Mahan also got a bad reputation but if played well there are few ships that can influence battles like they can at that tier.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
76
[B_O_W]
Members
347 posts
6,078 battles

When I focused the Farragut as a gun boat first, torp second, with goals to cap, attach enemy cap, snipe from behind islands, and only if the opportunity comes up to torp, I did awesome!  When I tried to use it for torp first, got sent to port quickly.

So, using it for its strengths is important.  Guns are great.  Concealment is great.  Ambush is great.  Speed is good and maneuverability is very good.  Nasty to go against if you are in a Japanese DD.

I am in the process of redoing my captain skills.  Did some really stupid things for a 12 point captain.  No CE.  Brilliant selection as you build your DD captain thinking like a noobe, yes??  So your basic DD 10 point build for all DD's should be (in my opinion):

  • Priority Target (1)
  • Last Stand (2)
  • Superintendent (3)
  • Concealment Expert (4)

After that, for the Fletcher, my considerations to get the the max 19 points are:

  • Surviveability Expert (3) -  more hit points helps!
  • Demolition Expert (3) - improved change to light a fire
  • Torpedo Armament Expertise (3) - because the time to reload torps on the Fletcher is a bit painful.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
12 posts
3,384 battles

I wouldn't go demo expert. I think adrenaline rush would be better. would help your guns and reload time as you take damage. more shots equals more chances to start a fire. so in the end you would be getting some of that DE benefit with AE just because you will get more shots on the target. just my 2 cents. I'm up to the Gearing but I in no way feel that I am a DD expert. in fact I'm the exact opposite lol. My clan just needed another DD alternate for CW

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Supertester
194 posts
21,854 battles
On 4/14/2018 at 12:37 PM, Texas_Vet said:

When I focused the Farragut as a gun boat first, torp second, with goals to cap, attach enemy cap, snipe from behind islands, and only if the opportunity comes up to torp, I did awesome!  When I tried to use it for torp first, got sent to port quickly.

So, using it for its strengths is important.  Guns are great.  Concealment is great.  Ambush is great.  Speed is good and maneuverability is very good.  Nasty to go against if you are in a Japanese DD.

I am in the process of redoing my captain skills.  Did some really stupid things for a 12 point captain.  No CE.  Brilliant selection as you build your DD captain thinking like a noobe, yes??  So your basic DD 10 point build for all DD's should be (in my opinion):

  • Priority Target (1)
  • Last Stand (2)
  • Superintendent (3)
  • Concealment Expert (4)

After that, for the Fletcher, my considerations to get the the max 19 points are:

  • Surviveability Expert (3) -  more hit points helps!
  • Demolition Expert (3) - improved change to light a fire
  • Torpedo Armament Expertise (3) - because the time to reload torps on the Fletcher is a bit painful.

 

If you think reload on Fletcher is painful wait until you get Gearing.

I think BFT is much better than DE. You get +.5% chance of fire because of 10% higher gun fire rate so you get part of DE anyway, plus it boosts your direct gun damage and your AA.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
76
[B_O_W]
Members
347 posts
6,078 battles
15 hours ago, BoraHorzaGobuchul said:

If you think reload on Fletcher is painful wait until you get Gearing.

I think BFT is much better than DE. You get +.5% chance of fire because of 10% higher gun fire rate so you get part of DE anyway, plus it boosts your direct gun damage and your AA.

Very good points..  An improved rate of fire is always a good thing.

What do you think about IFHE?  Loose a point of starting fires, but more hits without over pen or shell deflections.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Supertester
194 posts
21,854 battles

I use IFHE on my Cleveland / Atlanta captain but not on my USN destroyers. The most important gun damage I do in USN destroyers is to enemy destroyers, IMO, where IFHE is unnecessary.

*shrug*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
12 posts
3,384 battles

You get more reload out of BFT then you will off of Adrenaline Rush. But, and its a big but, AR helps your torp reload time too

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×